ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Spec "C" Nicked Look out for it ! (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/534721-spec-c-nicked-look-out-for-it.html)

bob r 18 August 2006 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by essexboy30
Gearlock is approx 15 seconds to remove... unless your going to pin your gear know through the gear shaft.

Stearing disc lock - make sure it's thatcham approved. That will give you at least 2 minutes protection. if not, again seconds...

Taken from the guy who's job is to break into cars!

any decent anti theft devices out there then.:confused:

jd5217 18 August 2006 02:41 PM

dont take the car?

Rottweiller on back seat?

Terminator X 18 August 2006 08:02 PM

Removable steering wheel ...

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/produc...code=MOMBG2105

TX.

essexboy30 18 August 2006 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by bob r

Just make sure its Thatcham approved. that way you will be assured it has survived a minimum 2 minute attack test.
that is the standard test for insurance approval (trust me most cars don't survive more than 30 seconds). :nono:

Here's the approved list of devices... quite small you'll agree!!!

http://www.thatcham.org/security/pdf...gerCarCAT3.pdf

MBK 18 August 2006 08:59 PM

Sorry to hear about this - there was a similar story of an Evo 400 being taken from the car park at Donnington during a race event over on Piston Heads - apparently no one saw a thing.

It doesn't take much to work out that performance car owners will go to these events. If a disclock does nothing else it might just move them along to the next, easier to steal car.

555Rob555 18 August 2006 09:10 PM

Not even the main dealers can keep them safe.

TWO 06 sti's went from the dealer forecourt in Exeter a couple of weeks ago.:eek2:

Someone will be in the **** for that one!

KIPS 18 August 2006 09:30 PM

IF ANYONES INTERESTED I USED TO WORK FOR MOTORMANIA I MIGHT BE ABLE TO GET SOME DISCOUNT ON THE DISKLOCKS IF NOT COSTCOS DO A GOOD PRICE
IVE USED ONE ON MY TWO COSSIES AND NOW MY SCOOB HAD NO PROBLEMS AS YET (TOUCH WOOD)LET YOU ALL NO MONDAY IF I CAN GET A GOOD DEAL
CHEERS ALL KIP:thumb:

KIPS 18 August 2006 10:04 PM

DISCLOK £60.99 + FREE CASE INC DEL ON FLEABAY CHEERS KIP

white 18 August 2006 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by MBK
Sorry to hear about this - there was a similar story of an Evo 400 being taken from the car park at Donnington during a race event over on Piston Heads - apparently no one saw a thing.

It doesn't take much to work out that performance car owners will go to these events. If a disclock does nothing else it might just move them along to the next, easier to steal car.

I believe that was Rob Huff's wasn't it?

HOWY 19 August 2006 06:47 PM

Is this any good ?
The Barrier Deadlock System
The Barrier Deadlock System is a permanently installed physical gearshift immobiliser which locks the vehicles gear selection mechanism into reverse, park or neutral.
Innumerable attempts have been made to overcome this lock, and because the principal components are generally located underneath the vehicle, it is rendered as good as theft proof.
The system has been attack tested by Thatcham, Sold-Secure, The Master Locksmiths Association, Top Gear, and others.
It has gained industry recognition from the British Insurance Industry, the Police, the Ford Motor Company and General Motors Europe, and the Subaru Impreza Driver's Club.
Cheshire, North Wales and Hampshire Police Forces use the device to protect their vehicles at crime scenes, and other forces are actively looking at the product for their vehicles.

Originally Posted by bob r

KIPS 19 August 2006 07:28 PM

JUST FOUND SECOND HAND DISCLOCK ON FLEBAY £40.00 DELIVERD JUST MAKE SURE YOU GET TWO KEYS AND HAVE IT DELIVERD TO DIFFERNT ADDRESS OTHER THAN WERE CAR IS KEPT EBAY ID IS FIONACOLE THESE ARE NORMALY £80 NEW
HOPE THIS HELPS SOMEONE KIP:thumb:

LegacySTi 20 August 2006 11:33 AM

How about going back to the aul mickey switch on the fuel pump hidden in car somewhere???. As well as other deterents obviously.

Shark Man 20 August 2006 12:16 PM

Alternate ideas:

Fit a line lock to the clutch line or brake lines - take the handle with you.

Smoke cloak system (I love these :cool: )

GSM pager

Blackjax...NOT fitted as per instructions, or lazily tapped off the wiring loom and connections in the "obvious" places - blame your installer it is fitted like that. Same goes for the non-factory immobilisers tapping everthing off at the steering column :rolleyes:. Dump your factory/dealer fit alarm/immobilser, or use something in addition to it.

Steering lock that is disc or semi disc, not a bar, and does not use Lowe and fletcher type circular locks barrels (inaddition to other security)

Wheel clamp, used with above when parking all day.

Blank off door lock barrels and take out the associated locking rods.

What you gain is time. Nothing more. And tha is the key. The more visual security, the more likely the theif will target somebody else's Scoob/EVO who can't be bothered or relies soley on stock/dealer electronic security.

For the record, I have a non-dealer fit security and immobilser system, in addition the stock key chip immobilser. No door locks, no door locking rods. Autolock 2000T disc lock. AND a CAt3 wheel clamp. The latter two are used together as a visual to "put off" theives, more so than anything.

Nobody has touched it. And guess which "lovely" area I often park all day in? ;)

CallumW 06 September 2006 09:39 PM

It's a sad world we live in when we have to virtually weld our cars to the floor when we leave them for more than a few minutes :(