ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   trakers? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/534172-trakers.html)

stevie1982 05 August 2006 07:30 PM

trakers?

hi guys

need to get a tracker fitted for my classic for insurance reasons as tesco reqiure one.

i am aware that there are soo many out there to chose from. can anyone recommend a make and model?

i looked at the tracker monitor and horizon i did not think these cost that much but it seems to me that a basic model is around £300 is this correct or

how much does it cost and is it worth spending lots of money as i just need it for the insurance so a basic model will do i guess

so any help please

steve

GC8 05 August 2006 07:55 PM

Consider a different insurance company. Try speaking to Gary Moulson at Keith Michael's on Monday. The premium might come as a pleasant surprise too.

Tell him that I sent you too. It wont get you a cheaper quote but it cant do me any harm as Ive been promising to insure and register my JDM for the last three months!

Simon

stevie1982 05 August 2006 07:58 PM

thing is just paid out on a new policy for the year and put the deposit down so dont want to lose it and then payout another, all though it will cost the same as two deposits i might as well use the money to get a tracker if htat makes sense

so guys any pointers

steve

wolfie28 05 August 2006 09:57 PM

Go for the Tracker system NOT the RAC Tracker version cause its pants. Certain models you have to tell the tracking company your car is stolen :wonder: not them informing you its stolen. Unfortunately you pay for what you get. Personally I'd get the cheapest version you can get (for insurance purposes) cause if the to$$ers want it they will take it, tracking system or no tracking system.

Wolfie.

st3v3 05 August 2006 10:31 PM

Im with priviledge.com they wanted a tracker for my ins,i have Siemens on mine if you want to know which one you can pm me.

Cost £175 in fitting then about the same for 12 monthe subs.

pslewis 05 August 2006 10:39 PM

Changing Insurance Company is so much cheaper!!

If it's a Classic then its getting on a bit, maybe 6 years old?? Is a Trakker really the best thing to do considering the value of the vehicle??

Ask yourself, "Do I want it back?" ............. the answer is usually "No!" - so, don't bother with a poxy trakker!!

Pete

stevie1982 06 August 2006 03:42 PM

cheaper in some ways but it means losing 150 quid deposit as i wont get it back and then when i start a new policy it will cost another 150 quid for the new deposit so 300 in total which is the cost of a tracker so i might as well just get one

my prob is i am 24 and most if not all insurance companies ask for a tracker to be fitted, any policy that doesnt gives me a rediculas quote so bit lost in which way to turn

steve

Daz1121 06 August 2006 04:18 PM

I've got a Classic and have the Tracker Monitor system fitted. It will alert Tracker if the car is moved without the keys and I've had the system tested not long after it was installed.