ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   OK, who else bought a smart GearKnob from LIDLs? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/534040-ok-who-else-bought-a-smart-gearknob-from-lidls.html)

pslewis 04 August 2006 11:28 PM

OK, who else bought a smart GearKnob from LIDLs?

Superb value!!

£4:99!! ................... Halfrauds and others ask £35 for this type of thing!!! :eek:

Alluminium, with 8 chavvie blue LED lights that light in a sequence/flash/stays on!!

FANTASTIC piece of interior kit and at a price to simply die for - value for money!!

Pete

Gear Head 04 August 2006 11:29 PM

bored??

pslewis 04 August 2006 11:31 PM

LIDLs do it again is all I'm saying ...... they constantly show how much these things can actually be sold for!!

I bought 2 - a chromed classy one for the MX5 and the blingy one for the Scooby .... seems to suit it well!!

Pete

steffiraf 04 August 2006 11:34 PM

Not car related but i bought some all weather gear from lidl for the bike, and its brilliant. £40 for a goretex jacket and its works and fits a treat. Dont knock it till you've tried it, is all i can say :luxhello:

pslewis 04 August 2006 11:46 PM

Indeed, I trust LIDL stuff as much as I do M&S stuff ...... and a damned sight more than TESCO or ASDA or any of the others!!

Meat pies are REALLY full of meat ... not the ****e that TESCO sells.

And when they sell other stuff it's top quality gear - why should the Pikeys and Chavs have it all??

Get down to your local LIDLs and reclaim it!!!!!!

Pete

st3v3 04 August 2006 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis

Meat pies are REALLY full of meat ... not the ****e that TESCO sells.

Pete

You really are a dipstick aren't you pslewis,thats actually slander unless you can prove it??

Bubba po 05 August 2006 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by st3v3
You really are a dipstick aren't you pslewis,thats actually slander unless you can prove it??

That's a great sense of humour you have there. You should keep it unused, it might be worth something one day.:)

pslewis 05 August 2006 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by st3v3

Simple!!!!

Buy a Chicken and Mushroom pie from LIDL

Buy a Chicken and Mushroom pie from TESCO for the same price

Open both .......... what do you find??

I'll tell you - LIDL pie full of decent cuts of chicken meat and Mushrooms - TESCO pie full of sauce and reconstituted chicken meat in a mush!!

The TRUTH is NOT slander you wally!

Pete

Legal Eagle 05 August 2006 12:43 AM

And on a bbs it would be libel, but you can't make a defamatory statement about a company anyway.

alwong 05 August 2006 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by Legal Eagle
And on a bbs it would be libel, but you can't make a defamatory statement about a company anyway.

I'm sure you'd know with a username like yours!!

AndiThompson 05 August 2006 12:50 AM

They might tell you it's chicken.... ;)

chocolate_o_brian 05 August 2006 01:08 AM

pete and bubba in the same thread - thats not happened for a while.

(cant believe im saying this!!)... but in PETES defence lidl is quite good once you start ignoring the chavs

Gear Head 05 August 2006 09:05 AM

I have never even heard of 'LIDL'. Is it northern monkey thing???

dpb 05 August 2006 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by steffiraf
Not car related but i bought some all weather gear from lidl for the bike, and its brilliant. £40 for a goretex jacket and its works and fits a treat. Dont knock it till you've tried it, is all i can say :luxhello:

Little kid 2 doors down was talking bout this - are there any left..??

dpb 05 August 2006 09:25 AM

Lidls dont make nowt. Asda and im sure all the rest inc Tesco sell quality goods that others produce and then copy the formula and produce in-house MOST USUALLY producing something way inferior. Ive tried a few things from lidls and havnt been dissapointed.

pslewis 05 August 2006 05:05 PM

True, LIDLs don't make nowt - but, what they sell in their stores is TOP NOTCH stuff!!

Food and non-food, you can buy with utter confidence in 2 things:-

1. It will be the best quality

and

2. It will not be found cheaper anywhere else

They continue to amaze me .............................. now, how to get the Pikies and Chavs to go somewhere else????

Pete

Shark Man 05 August 2006 05:07 PM

A knob!!??? :cuckoo:

Says it all :D ;)

pslewis 05 August 2006 05:14 PM

Yes, but you will notice something ....... it's a SMART knob - something you will never experience as long as you have a hole in your arse :D

Pete

Shark Man 05 August 2006 05:19 PM

But at least it's a smart arse :D

st3v3 05 August 2006 05:44 PM

unlike you, you knob (refering to lewis)

StickyMicky 05 August 2006 05:49 PM

thats a gay reply :lol1:

Stiver3 05 August 2006 05:51 PM

LIDL stuff is good. Cause the food is often sourced from Europe imported, where as Tesco stuff etc is made in UK.

Tins of tomatoes and olive oil for example. Cheaper than tesco and are actually often proper italian made. Olive oil is at least £3.00 cheaper, extra virgin etc.

Agaijn not car related. ALDI were selling crash helmets bikes, £30.00 bargain if you got a small bike eg. 50 or 125cc. Shop price in bike shop minimum £50.00

Only downside is ya cant do whole shop there. So its often easier to use TESCO get it all done in one hit!

dpb 05 August 2006 05:59 PM

and that in a nutshell is why quality/taste is dropping away to ****e

ethanrob 05 August 2006 06:55 PM

LIDL import all the products from direct from there distribution warehouses out there,all there products are sourced from europe,where it is cheaper,thus allowing them to sell on cheaper

Lidl make there profit from working there management and staff like dog's,always short staffed and company senior management always putting more and more pressure on there managers to achieve better(and always) un-achievable and ridiculious productivity targets

I used to work for the german dictatorship for four and a half years,enough was enough!!!!!!

whats that old saying

S**T rolls down hill :razz:

£4.99 for a gear knob with led's on,that sounds nice pete,dont forget the chrome effect plastic car matts on your next visit matey

dpb 05 August 2006 07:05 PM

hes already got them ..:D

pslewis 05 August 2006 09:45 PM

If LIDLs are doing mats, then I may just treat myself :D

Pete

scooby-si 06 August 2006 12:31 AM

pete i hope you thanked them for selling it to you and doing there job;) :D

watto52 06 August 2006 01:32 AM

i must admit. Its great place to get your shopping if your on a budget, like me. The booze is quite good too:D

sti-04!! 06 August 2006 01:42 AM

Yeah 660ml Stella for £1.19 a bottle :luxhello:

chocolate_o_brian 06 August 2006 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by sti-04!!
Yeah 660ml Stella for £1.19 a bottle :luxhello:

makes sense that does. £1.19 for a 660ml bottle, or go to a club/bar and pay £3.80 for a 330ml bottle. yep makes perfect sense to me now. must stop drinking wife beater!!!