ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   Speed limiter on 2004JDM question (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/533949-speed-limiter-on-2004jdm-question.html)

bluest8 04 August 2006 04:19 PM

Speed limiter on 2004JDM question

As above,
the car has been changed into mph from new so everything is ok there but it still is restricted at aprox 118mph.
There is a small electrical box fitted behind the speedo instument cluster and it has 6 wires coming from it. Only 4 of them are conected to the wire harness.
My question is by connecting the other 2 wires, will these be the ones i need to do for it to send the siganl back to the ECU to delimit it ???
and if so can anyone tell me to what wires do i connect them to ??

Thanks in advance

wrxtankie 04 August 2006 07:05 PM

I just had to do this on my spec C, there is a cable at the ecu end which needs to be cut, you then make a new connection to it from the MPH output on the convertor. This then fools the ECU into thinking its still reading KPH. Likely hood of you hitting 180 MPH is minimal to say the least :D

I will try to dig out the wiring instructions.

DIPSY 04 August 2006 07:14 PM

I have 05 jdm sti was having a look under the metal shield for ecu today theres a red wire leading from the back of the dash and goes to the ecu and goes to the bottom of the ecu first wire going in top row .Thats the only wire what stands out coming fom that direction. I don't know if this is any use to you

wrxtankie 04 August 2006 07:17 PM

sounds like the one I'm on about, Just need to have a look in the workshop manual.

bluest8 05 August 2006 12:23 PM

Thanks guys,

jus pulled the dash out again
this little box is 1" long with a blue sticker on it
it has 6 wires coming from it
2x red
2x grennish
1x yellow
1xblue

the red is teed into the green and white on main harnes 3rd coneection from left on block.
the other side red is teed into the black. 4th connection on block
the yellow and blue on box goes inline with the green wire, 1st on bock on main harness.

as for the wires on the ecu , i have no idea which one is which.
defo need a wire diagram !!

thanks

bluest8 09 August 2006 05:23 PM

anyone have a wiring diagram ??

bluest8 11 August 2006 06:00 PM

BTTT

MartynJ 12 August 2006 10:32 AM

Speed Limiter

You could of course just have an Ecutek remap...
This may sound an expensive course of action but don't forget the performance benefits that come with it...The person remapping it will be able to remove the speed limiter free of charge as part of the remap and no rewiring required....

bluest8 13 August 2006 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by MartynJ
You could of course just have an Ecutek remap...
This may sound an expensive course of action but don't forget the performance benefits that come with it...The person remapping it will be able to remove the speed limiter free of charge as part of the remap and no rewiring required....

Thanks but if i had £££'s to spend then maybe its somet to look into, if i can get hold of an wiring diagram then this will cost me nothing to delimit it.