ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Just passed my driving test.....again ! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/533378-just-passed-my-driving-test-again.html)

corradoboy 02 August 2006 12:31 PM

Just passed my driving test.....again !

Just passed my ADI (Approved Driving Instructor) Pt.2 driving test this morning on my 1st attempt :luxhello: A 1hr test and only 6 minor faults allowed. Just scraped it with 6 and another couple of recommendations that the examiner chose to overlook as the overall standard of my driving was acceptable. Another 5-6 weeks and I should be able to begin teaching on a trainee license, and about 3 months or so to become fully qualified if I pass the next 3hr exam :eek:

'Moff out to celibrate now :cool:

RayC 02 August 2006 12:42 PM

congrats

i remember my Rospa test, got Gold but was lots of effort and long test! am planning to do next step now so i can teach others!

SwissTony 02 August 2006 01:12 PM

dear god :eek2:

he could be out soon teaching our kids to drive....

pwhittle 02 August 2006 01:46 PM

Nice one. pased mine a few years ago. Got totally cheesed off with BSM though, and never finished the course.
No way I could afford to work on license either - it worked out then less than minimum wage, less petrol. But then BSM (expletives deleted)

Good luck with part 3!

stilover 02 August 2006 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by pwhittle
Nice one. pased mine a few years ago. Got totally cheesed off with BSM though, and never finished the course.
No way I could afford to work on license either - it worked out then less than minimum wage, less petrol. But then BSM (expletives deleted)

Good luck with part 3!

Last year I thought about a career change, and nearly signed up for the BSM driver training course.
Only when I worked out just how much money they take from you each week, and the amount of hours you have to work to get a decent wage, it just didn't add up. I'd never hit the same wage as what I'm on now, unless you progress up to management etc.
The other thing that put me off was having to pay the full fee even if you never passed the first stage. If they'd let me pay for part 1, then part 2, and finaly part 3, they I might have been more tempted.
I think only when you work for yourself will you see any great return's. Still means working pretty long hours though.

corradoboy 02 August 2006 02:06 PM

I'm doing it with The Instructor College. They promise I'll get a job once qualified or I get my money back. I don't have to work for their company though, which I believe is Red. I am fortunate enough that my primary income sees me working fri night through to mon morning. Once qualified I will be driving self-employed for 3-4 days during the week when normally I'd be on here or wasting time elsewhere. As long as I can earn enough to finance the car/petrol/ins etc and a few quid on top I should be OK. I'm hoping for maybe 12 customers on 2 hour lessons at maybe £15/hr, so £360 a week gross on top of my £30k or so other income, and a good safety net if anything should happen with that job as I have been made redundant in the past.

Miss Kinky 02 August 2006 02:12 PM

well done :luxhello:

darlodge 02 August 2006 03:20 PM

:thumb:

In 5 or 6 weeks all the 17/18 year old lovelys wanting to learn will all be wearing jeans and hoodies!! You really should have learnt to instruct a few months earlier.

Darren

stilover 02 August 2006 03:26 PM

Must admit that if you were a driving inspector it must be VERY tempting in the middle of summer when some young 17/18 year old girl in her tight little top and short mini skirt is taking her driving test, to ask "How badly do you want to pass your test me`darlin" :norty:

>

>

>

>

>

No ? Just me then :D

darlodge 02 August 2006 03:39 PM

Stilover,

mmm, I'm sure that is the reason behind men becoming driving instructors. Its the first thing I thought of when thinging about a driving instructor.

Darren

Mark Miwurdz 02 August 2006 03:48 PM

Good lad!

Just think of what you'll be able to do all that extra lovely lolly...

Cheers
Kav

corradoboy 02 August 2006 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by stilover
young 17/18 year old girl in her tight little top and short mini skirt is taking her driving test, to ask "How badly do you want to pass your test me`darlin" :norty:

Funny, almost every bloke I've discussed this with comes to this conclusion :rolleyes: I'm sure there's loads of 17yo girls who'd find a 36yo overweight bloke really attractive :nono: And I really want to invest several £000's into being struck off the ADI Register, an indecency charge and a mention on the sex crime list :brickwall

The thought had crossed my mind, but I think a little more maturity may be applicable, especially if I want to keep my present partner :freak3:

davegtt 02 August 2006 04:26 PM

You boring git ;) :D

congratulations btw :)

speye91 02 August 2006 04:26 PM

Well done Corradoboy:thumb: and good luck with the rest of the course:)

Mick

corradoboy 02 August 2006 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by davegtt
You boring git ;) :D

congratulations btw :)

Boring, possibly. Realistic, probably.

Will I enjoy being sat beside some lithe firm thighed teenager in a mini skirt for 2 hours, definately :D Then again, mini's seem a bit out of fashion just now :(

stilover 02 August 2006 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by corradoboy
The thought had crossed my mind, but I think a little more maturity may be applicable, especially if I want to keep my present partner :freak3:

Why, if you were getting sexual favours off 17/18 year old honey's ??

I know which I'd choose :D

salsa-king 02 August 2006 06:51 PM

a WRX as a driving instructors car!!! :eek: think of all the clutches you'll have to keep buying!!! i said clutches btw!!

well done too

Phil

type-r-stan 02 August 2006 06:54 PM

My missus is an instructor and did not work for a driving school. She went straight out on her own and is pretty much booked up without any advertising, all word of mouth (she has got a big gob!!) she also went with instructor college and thought they were ok but she did get extra tutition with an adi friend of hers.

the aa now do instructor training which you can pay for in parts, i think the 1st part is about 550 (but you could do this yourself with adi 14 from the dsa for £7.00) it is only a theory test at the end of the day. the other 2 parts is about 1000-1200 each.

TopBanana 02 August 2006 07:40 PM

Can't imagine a more stressful job!

Bug Eyed Peas 02 August 2006 08:54 PM

Congratulations Corradoboy, well done.
:thumb:

Anthony

Lee247 02 August 2006 09:07 PM

Most impressive :thumb:
Well done :) :)

RRH 03 August 2006 12:07 AM

Well done matey- Ty Croes on the 28/8?

Turbohot 03 August 2006 12:43 AM

Well done,Corrodoboy!:thumb:

corradoboy 03 August 2006 09:31 AM

Thanks to everyone for the support :thumb:

Dr Hu 03 August 2006 09:47 AM

Can't imagine a more stressful job!
What - trying to hide your constant boner from the fit 18y olds ladies......lol

What about the chav lads who want to learn to go croooooozin......stressful in not battering their heads in......:D