ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Top gear is on now (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/530147-top-gear-is-on-now.html)

Tam the bam 16 July 2006 08:04 PM

Top gear is on now

BEEB 2 :thumb:

SC008Y_MAD 16 July 2006 08:29 PM

recording it, will watch it in 30 ish mins time

watto52 16 July 2006 09:03 PM

at last, affordable cars:luxhello:

bit boring tonight tho.

Milamber 16 July 2006 09:04 PM

I laughed myself stupid with the caravan fire, girly crying fit...:lol1: :lol1:

Clarebabes 16 July 2006 09:04 PM

PMSL at the caravan fire. :D

Bit of a set up though

sparky300 16 July 2006 09:07 PM

i was in two minds if it was a set-up or not, it all seemed to hppend when the cam happend to be on, still PMSL!

sparky300 16 July 2006 09:07 PM

PS if it was not they must of have one hell of a bill!

unclebuck 16 July 2006 09:22 PM

Well, I object to having my Tax Payers money being wasted by the BBC having to call out our hard pressed emergency services to quench the blaze.

This is not what I pay my license fee to watch. :mad:

Tim-Grove 16 July 2006 09:23 PM

it probably was a set up but it was still a good laugh:D:D

unclebuck 16 July 2006 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Tim-Grove
it probably was a set up

Is the pope catholic?

Was hilarious... :lol1:

Maz 16 July 2006 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by unclebuck
Well, I object to having my Tax Payers money being wasted by the BBC having to call out our hard pressed emergency services to quench the blaze.

LICENCE!:mad:

Maz 16 July 2006 09:25 PM

unclebuck 16 July 2006 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by Einstein RA

LOL - sorry - that's twice tonight now :(

<note to self - don't post while pissed....>

:lol1:

Maz 16 July 2006 09:39 PM

LOL - sorry - that's twice tonight now :(

<note to self - don't post while pissed....>

Yup your halo is slipping!:D

redragon 16 July 2006 09:49 PM

bloody hilarious :luxhello:

unclebuck 16 July 2006 09:59 PM

"Driving a bus is better than being on TV because nobody's watching and you can smoke a 'joint'" :lol1:

I wonder which festival I must have seen May at :thumb:

J4CKO 16 July 2006 10:37 PM

UB, you hate everything and everybody so nobody takes any notice nowadays, nothing you say is ever positive, in fact I fully predict you will call me names for saying it cos you are predicatable.

Thats got him thinking of a witty and clever put down, I bet it involves me being gay !

unclebuck 16 July 2006 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by J4CKO
UB, you hate everything and everybody so nobody takes any notice nowadays, nothing you say is ever positive, in fact I fully predict you will call me names for saying it cos you are predicatable.

Thats got him thinking of a witty and clever put down, I bet it involves me being gay !

What in god's name are you on about man? Have you just had a domestic or something? I never had you down as a moaning minnie - get a grip.

Shark Man 16 July 2006 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by J4CKO

Sums up 99% of the regular posters in NSR and General. :thumb: :lol1:

It's amazing how this phenomenon rubs off onto other users, your now being negative and also implying insults on said user.

And so forth, I'm doing it too now :lol1: :D

(It's the reason why the Muppet forum exists - no negativity, barring Bubba vs. Hectic :) )

boxst 16 July 2006 11:29 PM

Arg. Missed it. I will have to wait for the Bit Torrent as they are slipping and it's still not there.

Edit: found it! http://www.mininova.org/tor/368677

Steve

P1Fanatic 17 July 2006 10:08 AM

I thought it was pretty darn funny. When Hamster threw that burning cushion out of their window only to set alight to the awning of the neighbouring caravan.

Gotta be setup - clarkson could have easily put it out when it first caugt but didnt.

Simon.

GaryK 17 July 2006 10:26 AM

It was ok, but yes to me the whole caravan thing was contrived, I mean can you really go out and have *that* many things go wrong? Its almost like a competition now, lets see how bad we can f**k things up. I love TG but it just got abit silly last night IMHO.

Gary

logiclee 17 July 2006 11:16 AM

I'll fill everone in.

The bbc crew stopped at a well known Camping and Caravanning Club site.

They were helped to pitch correctly by the site wardens, talked to loads of people, had a laugh and thanked everyone on their departure. They filmed loads of people but only showed the dotty old couple.

They then, in a staged field at a later date, set up James May reversing into an awning (Which was attached to a old scrap Sprite caravan) and then the fire (Again burn't down the old scrap caravan). They cut into the film people watching but that was people watching them pull on the site and setting up for real.
All Club siites have full fire fighting facilities and fire points as well as a 6Metre rule between units.

The Kia has 173lbft of torque and had no problem maintaining speed limits with a 1200kg van on in the Tow Car of the year awards so seems strange why James could only get 30mph with a 900kg van on the back.

Entertainment of sort but a bit two faced from Clarkson and crew.

Cheers
Lee

powerman1 17 July 2006 11:41 AM

After three bottles of stella and it was the best bit of comedy this year only second to the England match

BOB.T 17 July 2006 11:49 AM

What about the bollard incident, that was the only bit that was vaguely realistic I thought :Suspiciou

logiclee 17 July 2006 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by BOB.T
What about the bollard incident, that was the only bit that was vaguely realistic I thought :Suspiciou

Did you see the state of the towbar? They were risking the lives of other road users continuing towing the van.

Cheers
Lee

BOB.T 17 July 2006 12:08 PM

Yup, I was thinking the same thing! They must have had it checked out...well, I hope they did! :eek:

Flatcapdriver 17 July 2006 12:10 PM

Although, a bit contrived I found it funny and a well aimed dig at shed draggers.

:thumb:

J4CKO 17 July 2006 12:14 PM

Come on, they werent going to say how much they enjoyed caravanning.

UB, love you really, same time next week.....

logiclee 17 July 2006 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Flatcapdriver
Although, a bit contrived I found it funny and a well aimed dig at shed draggers.

:thumb:

17% of the population go caravanning/camping and a recent survey showed over 33% would if they could find time to or if they could afford to as it's not a cheap option anymore. Campsites are booked up months in advance and there are long waiting lists for new caravans. Second hand values are going through the roof, Clarkson even had to pay £3000 for that 15 year old clapped out thing they set fire to.

IMO there needs to be compulsory MOT and servicing for caravans as well as stricter towing limits to prevent badly matched outfits holding traffic up. The two big Clubs are also pushing for compulsory servicing and for the police to crack down on dangerous outfits

Cheers
Lee