ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Trying to sell a house in Stockport - anyone interested? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/530139-trying-to-sell-a-house-in-stockport-anyone-interested.html)

tarmac terror 16 July 2006 07:26 PM

Trying to sell a house in Stockport - anyone interested?

My other half is trying to sell her place in Stockport to move across the pond to NI. We are having no luck in getting the place shifted at all. There are loads of veiwers coming round for a look, saying all the right things but there are no hard and fast offers coming in.

Its a 3 bedroom detached house with a detatched garage in a quiet cul-de-sac location just outside Stockport. We dont want the hassle of renting it out we just want to sell it to buy a new place across here.

Anyone interested in buying a place in stockport to live or as a buy to let property? Property is currently priced below other properties selling in the area and there is scope to negotiate on the price just to get it off our hands and let us get our plans in place. Obviously no selling chain involved at our end.

PM for details and thanks for looking.

TT

Chip Sengravy 16 July 2006 07:29 PM

Don't mention that it's on Wythenshawe estate ;)

tarmac terror 17 July 2006 01:32 AM

Didn't mention it becasue it isn't!!! :)

CooperS 17 July 2006 08:18 AM

Don't mention that it's in Stockport ;)

The Chief 17 July 2006 09:05 AM

Where in Stockport mate???

jaytc2003 17 July 2006 09:26 AM

Is it on an estate agents website? if so which one so can look at it. Me and the missus are currently looking at 3 bed detached and that would be fairly close to where we both work.

tarmac terror 18 July 2006 01:02 PM

Estate agents link is here http://edwardmeller.waidev6.com/site...D050352&type=b

MattW 18 July 2006 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by tarmac terror
My other half is trying to sell her place in Stockport to move across the pond to NI. We are having no luck in getting the place shifted at all. There are loads of veiwers coming round for a look, saying all the right things but there are no hard and fast offers coming in.

Its a 3 bedroom detached house with a detatched garage in a quiet cul-de-sac location just outside Stockport. We dont want the hassle of renting it out we just want to sell it to buy a new place across here.

Anyone interested in buying a place in stockport to live or as a buy to let property? Property is currently priced below other properties selling in the area and there is scope to negotiate on the price just to get it off our hands and let us get our plans in place. Obviously no selling chain involved at our end.

PM for details and thanks for looking.

TT

If easily offended look away now!

Living room - If I were you, I'd get rid of the wallpaper, paint in a neutral whicker/beige/magnolia, remove the clutter from the fireplace, change the fire surround to a plain lighter colour (if possible), change the carpet to a plain beige, remove the picture on the wall of the woman.

Kitchen - Looks ok, but make sure all surfaces are clear, move that spice rack etc

Garden - Trim back the bushes in the rear garden to maximise space.

Bingo house sold.

pslewis 18 July 2006 01:35 PM

And DUMP that toilet seat cover!!!!!!! ;)

House sold!!

Pete

Chip Sengravy 18 July 2006 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by tarmac terror

:eek:

That's my EX bird's house!

<shivers, hides saucpans&rabbits>

small world eh?

TopBanana 18 July 2006 01:44 PM

MINE TOO !!!

Rabid 18 July 2006 01:48 PM

If it's cheap enough it will sell, without looking at any of the details I can tell you that.

Auction it or reduce your price.

BTW I can't believe a shoebox in Stockport is now worth that much, shows what a crock of sh1te the UK property market is.

Chip Sengravy 18 July 2006 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by TopBanana
MINE TOO !!!

Trevor....is that you? :Suspiciou

I sold all your DVD's on ebay....:razz:

pslewis 18 July 2006 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Chip Sengravy

small world eh?

On closer inspection .......................... I must say, I've visited a lady off the internet there TOO!!!! :eek:

Good grief!!

Pete

Chip Sengravy 18 July 2006 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Rabid
If it's cheap enough it will sell, without looking at any of the details I can tell you that.

Auction it or reduce your price.

BTW I can't believe a shoebox in Stockport is now worth that much, shows what a crock of sh1te the UK property market is.

cheeky ****. where do you live, on your father's yacht?:rolleyes:

Chip Sengravy 18 July 2006 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis
On closer inspection .......................... I must say, I've visited a lady off the internet there TOO!!!! :eek:

Good grief!!

Pete

she told me the smell was cat piss :mad:

Rabid 18 July 2006 02:13 PM

cheeky ****. where do you live, on your father's yacht?:rolleyes:

No, in Bermuda, why? Does that fact make Stockport any less ****?

tarmac terror 18 July 2006 05:41 PM

small world eh?

Hey Chip, guess that must be your bad taste in wall paper in the livingroom that someone criticised earlier in the thread!!!

TT

wez_sti 18 July 2006 11:12 PM

No wonder northerners have so much to spend on drink!

Blimey, didnt realise how cheap houses were oooop north! :eek:

Mate of mine just bought a terraced 2 bed house in Braintree for 180k!

BRAINTREE!!

Used to go up to Stockport for work a while back, the women up there are pretty hot! Not stuck up like down here either!

fatherpierre 18 July 2006 11:23 PM

I thought the gap in pricing was closing.........

My garage cost a touch more than that :D

Looks ok. Is it overpriced for the area?

tarmac terror 18 July 2006 11:55 PM

Dont think its overpriced - the house next door sold for over 150K only difference being a conservatory, and the previous owners left it in a terrible state when they moved out. The house directly opposite is on for 500 more with another agent.

We are prepared to negotiate on price or sweeten the deal to get it off our hands.