ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Suspension (https://www.scoobynet.com/suspension-12/)
-   -   Tein Basic Dampers (https://www.scoobynet.com/suspension-12/529885-tein-basic-dampers.html)

P1 NUT 15 July 2006 01:15 AM

Tein Basic Dampers

Does anyone have these fitted to their scoob as I was considering these as an alternitive to the super street as I am not too interested in changing the damping settings on the car. They will be fitted to a P1 as the oe stuff is goosed as per previous threads.

LEE-WRX 15 July 2006 10:27 AM

I had them on my classic wrx, i found that they were a really good all round set up, perfect for the fast road user, not to hard to rattle your teeth out, but gave lots of confident feedback when cornering at speed.

P1 NUT 15 July 2006 11:17 AM

Any experience with them on track ?

LEE-WRX 15 July 2006 07:52 PM

never got the chance to get it out on track, rear diff went, but was going to do so, i personally think that they would handle the track really well, especially if you got some front and rear strut braces aswell

P1 NUT 17 July 2006 12:22 AM

Got front as standard and have all the whiteline goodies done as well. There are sooooooo many kits out there I am so confused and don't know what to do, heellpp.

RB5_245 17 July 2006 08:28 AM

I'd personally go for a more expensive adjustable kit. If you're not comfertable adjusting the settings then someone will be able to set it up for you.

If you don't want to pay the extra for that, then wait until something comes up 2nd hand.

General concensus seems to be that the japanese makers, HKS/Cusco/Tein tend to be a bit bone shattering on our roads. I have AST's and am very happy with them, but have never tested anything else.

A good indication would seem (to me) to be how often few month old sets of HKS/Tein stuff come up for sale with some lame reason for selling them.

Dave

P1 NUT 17 July 2006 12:15 PM

Would love a set of AST's but budget won't stretch to the £850 plus vat and fitting cost as have insurance renewal and garage to pay off as well otherwise I would be down to powerstation tomorrow.

neil@eclipse 30 July 2006 12:22 AM

I have Tein basic coilover kit on mine, seems :thumb:

For the money, £550.00 inc vat, I think they are a bargain when you consider the price of genuine dampers along with springs...

Neil...

P1 NUT 01 August 2006 01:20 PM

Decided to go for the Tein super street kit but they don't have any in stock and not getting delivery from japan till 29 August, what a wait.

WRX RCY 01 August 2006 09:32 PM

I've got Tein Street Damper with the EDFC on my 95 wrx. I love the handling and the way I can chuck it at roundabouts and bends. And then you put it in soft mode and the family are reasonable happy ( well my kid and wife are happy ). It all depends on what you us the car for?

Chris