ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Blackjax may not be as good as you thought (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/529677-blackjax-may-not-be-as-good-as-you-thought.html)

T5NYW 14 July 2006 03:02 AM

Blackjax may not be as good as you thought

Before everyone starts flaming me, I’m not a disgruntled Blackjax customer nor do I wish a refund as once Blackjax is activated it’s a good bit of kit.

Blackjax is not a Car alarm and most alarm systems are realy a tactic to hinder or delay Scumbags. It has got “Autoimmobilization” facility (which I’d advice using if yours fails the test)

In the past there been lots of Car security and theft threads but most Car Forums frown on divulging weak points in Security systems as it could help Scumbags. Unfortunately Scumbags know all about weak points and it is US lot that don’t.

I have owned 4 Subarus and been well aware of Hijacking, aggravated theft in your own home and stolen keys issues etc. One friend was stabbed and another had broken wrist when thrown from his Car.

A couple of Subarus with Blackjax fitted had been stolen but had failed stopped there theft puzzling their owners and Scoobynet. Blackjax is an anti-Hijack system and is designed to work if a Scumbag has your Keys. It has had a good reputation worldwide and a favourite with many well known high performance and luxury Marques.

Because of this reputation, Monday I had one fitted to my Car as a bit of added security to my existing alarm. I was very impressed with the system, operation and the installation. I discovered in about 2 hours of ownership there is a chink in its armour. I was gob smacked when I realised how easy it is was for someone to disable activation. Carefully it only took me 10 seconds a Scumbag would only need 2 seconds and snip it becomes a useless Paperweight.

I will not divulge how on an open forum but if you have Blackjax installed and wish to know if yours is as vulnerable as mine. Please reply on this thread and then Email me at t5nyw@homecall.co.uk. People with over 250 posts I will then reply to you with a test to see if your Blackjax has a big chink in its armour. You will then see and understand how it is so easy to overcome! BTW you don’t need a degree in Engineering to do it either.

People with below 250 posts I may ask a specific question from the Blackjax 5 owners Guide to confirm you have a Blackjax. E.g. what word on page 10 follows 4. ? Answer Wait.

Tony

BTW what other options are there, as said no Alarm is failsafe, once Bjax triggers IT'S excellent :D

1) This alarm, that alarm, this tracker that tracker and it's still gone, most won't stop Pro's !! we may aswell all give up and leave the keys in the ignition, a little note on windscreen "Please take me " :rolleyes:

2) will this put you off, it might but I don't think it should because of above, doing nothing is worse IMHO

You should all know the weakspot is now, just need to think out the Box and get a good Autoelectrician to help overcome this minor hiccup in a still a very effective alarm.

Tony

Rob D 14 July 2006 06:54 AM

Tony, that' s not good news mate
I don't have one fitted but you can be sure the pros know about this, have you alerted the manufacturer?

jaytc2003 14 July 2006 08:19 AM

I was just thinking about getting one of these for my chariot.
Could it just be a bad install or is it something more sinister?

deano 14 July 2006 08:55 AM

e-mail sent

StickyMicky 14 July 2006 09:00 AM

i never thought it was good anyway tbh

David_Wallis 14 July 2006 09:03 AM

drop me a mail to davidwallis@gmail.com

I'd be interested in hearing it.

simo 14 July 2006 09:10 AM

Its built in on the clifford alarm on my Pug but I have never used it (cars not worth a lot). email sent

christyper 14 July 2006 09:18 AM

Email sent

Abdabz 14 July 2006 09:20 AM

Email sent Tony...
Cheers

HONDA_RVF400 14 July 2006 09:34 AM

email sent.
Dan

T5NYW 14 July 2006 09:43 AM

I have repied to all so far ;) sorry but at work and loads of Emails :( hope you all understand the Reply

Please post YES in the Poll is yours fails to work or on my Test ;) and NO if it works OK after the Test

The 1 NO so far was a mistake :rolleyes:

Tony

*Sonic* 14 July 2006 09:52 AM

Curious to know what this is

Email sent Tony

Steve

786evo8 14 July 2006 09:53 AM

i noticed that when i 1st got it but dont other factors play a part ie revs. i think its because you have a new install, after a few weeks my system was more sensitive to everything not just the factor you have mentioned. i also brought the cable to self tune the alarm which helped. will try at lunchtime and see if it still works tho...........

jav ;)

p.s I once drove around 5-10 miles before triggering it as I forget to deactivate it but again that was when it was newly installed and setting were set to high by the installer.

MickWrx 14 July 2006 09:56 AM

You have pm Tony

Mick

corradoboy 14 July 2006 11:08 AM

email sent :thumb:

AndyMoody 14 July 2006 11:20 AM

e-mail sent

theotherphil 14 July 2006 11:22 AM

Email sent!

Aztec Performance Ltd 14 July 2006 11:52 AM

Email sent :thumb:

BBBWRX 14 July 2006 12:11 PM

E-mail sent ;)

fatmanscooby 14 July 2006 12:57 PM

E Mail sent.

Criss 14 July 2006 01:34 PM

I had blackjaxx on my fiesta (it was a heavily modded rs and was my first car) I know how crap it is! Its good when it works, did a test on it and it did what was supposed of it! BAr a 45 minute poking and trying to make the buttons enter the pin with the horn and alarm blaring!
But when you realise how easy it is to disable it makes you wonder why its worth £300!

Best thing to do is have a switch on the fuel pump hidden so whoever robs your car can't start it! Just say its knackered! LoL

Grahamwrx 14 July 2006 02:03 PM

email sent

T5NYW 14 July 2006 04:03 PM

Hopefully all 40 Emails replied to !!! but if you haven't had a reply or understand the test etc please Email me again.

Tony

corradoboy 14 July 2006 04:05 PM

Thanks Tony :thumb: Will try the test later. If my car fails I shall start thinking up a way to make it more difficult :idea:

S.B. 14 July 2006 04:46 PM

Email sent ;)

ScuuBdoo 14 July 2006 05:08 PM

I have blackjax. However, I dont have a manual to answer your test question.

If you can email me at captandyc@hotmail.com that would be great.

360ste 14 July 2006 05:20 PM

E-mail sent m8. Cheers

ticky 14 July 2006 06:31 PM

I am sure I know the answer but I will pm you anyway to be 100% sure.

Peanuts 14 July 2006 06:34 PM

Hi Tony, I know we spoke about his and similar things before but there was no test back then ;)
I have blackjax option on my alarm system so wont be taking that up then,

next installment, "your trackers a waste of money" ;)

TonyBurns 14 July 2006 07:22 PM

I already know what Tony is talking about, but the point about blackjax is that its 1. normally fitted to some clifford alarms as standard and trying to figure out if that alarm has said device or working out said alarm system....
2. not all thieves are THAT intelligent.

It isnt infallable like most things, BUT it will get the thief 99.9% of the time.
Its also not designed to work as a stand alone unit but inconjunction with other anti theft devices such as an alarm and immobiliser, tracking system and a disklok.
Simple rule is to keep your disklok key on your house keyring and your other car keys together.

Tony