ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   02 cheque back lies (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/529336-02-cheque-back-lies.html)

bob r 12 July 2006 05:47 PM

02 cheque back lies

i bought a mobile from carphone warehouse last october and part of the deal was that if i sent my first three months invoices back to them(which i did in january 06) i would get about 40.00 back. after 6 calls to the relevant 02 dept and 3 emails to them i still havent recieved a penny.
each time i speak with the customer services they always appologise and say they will ask for the cheque to be re-issued but still no joy. they inform me that each time i ring they send an email to a separate dept asking to cancel the old cheque and re-issue the new one. they say that they cannot speak with people in this dept only email them.:wonder:
im starting to think this is a con and im arsed off with them.
has anybody else anysimilar experiences.

hail-hail 12 July 2006 05:54 PM

I have heard other people in the same boat. I have just recently signed up with an o2 cashback offer. If it doesn't come through, I fully intend to make my feelings know at the shop I bought my phone at (The Link). It was after all them I bought the phone off. A nice busy sturday afternoon should do the trick nicely :D

eClaire 12 July 2006 08:11 PM

Get a contract phone at phones 4 u and get 100 cash back in your hand there and then.

bob r 12 July 2006 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by eClaire
Get a contract phone at phones 4 u and get 100 cash back in your hand there and then.

bit late now:Whatever_

Stephb1986 12 July 2006 11:56 PM

i had the same thing with 02 and now with tmobile but never had a penny back. plus 02 rip you off with the billing anyway and tmobile charge a fortune to calls abroad
:)

Baby Scuff 13 July 2006 08:00 AM

Took up a similar offer with 3 last year and got the cheque back within a couple of weeks of sending the stuff off! :)

Kirsty Towler 13 July 2006 09:13 PM

Hi Bob,
I work for one of O2's competitors and the way it works with us is.........
If the customer takes the contract out at carphone warehouse/phones 4 U etc etc it is down to the 3rd party to deal with any problems with the contract/special offers. The network provider - Orange, O2 etc are only the provider of the service enabling you to use the phone.
What I would reccommend is conatcting O2 (yet again!!!!), asking to speak to a manager/team leader and going through the situation yet again. Then tell them you would like them to fill out a dealer incident form - they may be surprised you know about these!! If enough people complain it IS possible for the phone company to have the branch closed down! Also, go back to carphone warehouse, tell them you have sent photocopies of all contract/special offers to:-
The Carphone Warehouse plc
Support Centre
1 Portal Way
London
W3 6RS

Might also be worth telling O2 you're doing this aswell.

Any questions feel free PM me and I'll do my best to help :)

Kirsty