ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   323i SE Vs WRX - reality check (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/527981-323i-se-vs-wrx-reality-check.html)

Senior_AP 06 July 2006 02:50 PM

323i SE Vs WRX - reality check

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-6G4...subaru%20loses

Mad, those 323's only have 190bhp and weigh about 1500kg!!

nik52wrx 06 July 2006 02:55 PM

Scoob sounded like a bloody automatic.

Originally Posted by Senior_AP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-6G4...subaru%20loses

Mad, those 323's only have 190bhp and weigh about 1500kg!!

Senior_AP 06 July 2006 03:01 PM

The BMW definitely was an automatic, not sure about the scoob.

I knew there'd be little in it between an e36 323i and a WRX but I thought that the WRX would atleast be able to keep up with the newer, and heavier e46??

Mad.

No twisties in the states I guess eh...

No decent fuel either....

nik52wrx 06 July 2006 03:04 PM

Yanks get nose bleeds driving round corners :)
Newage WRX's aren't that powerfull, 215 on the bug which to be honest, a lot of cars these days could keep up with.
Thats why i ditched mine for an STI, and now that doesn't feel quick enough. Will it ever end :wonder:

The BMW definitely was an automatic, not sure about the scoob.

I knew there'd be little in it between an e36 323i and a WRX but I thought that the WRX would atleast be able to keep up with the newer, and heavier e46??

Mad.

No twisties in the states I guess eh...

No decent fuel either....

Senior_AP 06 July 2006 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by nik52wrx
Newage WRX's aren't that powerfull, 215 on the bug which to be honest, a lot of cars these days could keep up with.
Thats why i ditched mine for an STI, and now that doesn't feel quick enough. Will it ever end :wonder:

.....there is another way.

A bit like Nat West bank.....

Gear Head 06 July 2006 03:17 PM

They both weigh roughly the same, and due the BMW's RWD layout, have more power at the wheels anyway??

Don't quite see the point?

Senior_AP 07 July 2006 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by chrispurvis100
They both weigh roughly the same, and due the BMW's RWD layout, have more power at the wheels anyway??

Don't quite see the point?

Exactly!! Neither do I.

Bonnet scoops, whooch chisshes whishes and blisshhes and it's no quicker than a sedate, mid range Beemer? Mad.

Rabid 07 July 2006 11:25 AM

Mad but true. A bugeye WRX had trouble seeing off my old 320D+tuning box upto 90 or so.
Let's face it unless tuned they aren't really very quick.

nick_wrx 07 July 2006 09:03 PM

Surely not?

i'm looking to get a blobeye very soon and currently drive a civic 1.8 vti, which can stay with a 323. I would have thought a newage impreza should see off a 323, maybe not dramatically but be ahead - especially with 4wd and the torque when the turbo gets going?

BVM 07 July 2006 09:12 PM

:wonder:

Comments like that are just retarded. Oh, and US spec 02-03 WRX's are 227hp/217lbft.

You dont have enough information on the two cars to decide anything.

ScoobyDoo555 07 July 2006 09:33 PM

LOL - chuck in the bait, and watch em bite. :D

Nice one Senior AP :D

Dan

orbix 07 July 2006 09:34 PM

WRX vs M5

I came across this on that website.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJTSD...&search=Subaru

It bears no relevance, i just thought i'll post it.

sleeve32 07 July 2006 09:40 PM

bmw, the ultimate driving machine, yea thax grandad. I'll stick to my wooshing turbo nutter jap machine(er, that does 15 mpg and makes my arse sore on long jouneys!) having test driven a bug eye I was dissapionted, did'nt pin me to my seat like my '98 wagon. heavyer,surley.

Senior_AP 07 July 2006 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by nick_wrx
Surely not?

i'm looking to get a blobeye very soon and currently drive a civic 1.8 vti, which can stay with a 323. I would have thought a newage impreza should see off a 323, maybe not dramatically but be ahead - especially with 4wd and the torque when the turbo gets going?

The 4WD saps power. WRX's aren't quick cars by today's standards. They are a hot hatch but with 2 extra doors.

Senior_AP 07 July 2006 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by sleeve32
bmw, the ultimate driving machine, yea thax grandad. I'll stick to my wooshing turbo nutter jap machine(er, that does 15 mpg and makes my arse sore on long jouneys!) having test driven a bug eye I was dissapionted, did'nt pin me to my seat like my '98 wagon. heavyer,surley.

Whhoooshes and chissshes are allowed if you own a classic. Reason being, they're actually a fast motor. :thumb:

Neilo 07 July 2006 09:44 PM

newages with the same power level as classics are more than a match.....just ask terryb ;)

Bubba po 07 July 2006 09:45 PM

The 4WD saps power. WRX's aren't quick cars by today's standards. They are a hot hatch but with 2 extra doors.

^^^Troll. :)

EdwardH 07 July 2006 09:48 PM

looks like 2 cars driving next to each other to me............ can't see any evidence of speed at all

JPF 07 July 2006 10:01 PM

Lol BMW's are great cars but a wee bit common don't you think? personally I like to do my own thing, following the crowd never really suited me.:D

Daz1121 07 July 2006 11:22 PM

I used to a own a 1998 Honda Civic 1.8 VTi-S which had 170bhp and would give the BMW323 a lot of hassle and to 60mph there was nothing in it. So a newage Scoob would walk all over it.

Senior_AP 08 July 2006 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by EdwardH
can't see any evidence of speed at all

That's exactly what I thought.

Senior_AP 08 July 2006 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Daz1121
I used to a own a 1998 Honda Civic 1.8 VTi-S which had 170bhp and would give the BMW323 a lot of hassle and to 60mph there was nothing in it. So a newage Scoob would walk all over it.

I think the point here is that in gear a newage WRX is not a quick car, as proven a million and one times by anyone that acually understands real performance, not just the red-amber-green light grand prix boys.

nik52wrx 08 July 2006 11:23 AM

Which part was retarded ?
I stand by what i said in that a standard WRX ain't that quick and there are plenty of cars capable of keeping up with one. Once moving there are plenty of diesel cars capable of embarassing a WRX driver.

Originally Posted by BVM
Comments like that are just retarded. Oh, and US spec 02-03 WRX's are 227hp/217lbft.

You dont have enough information on the two cars to decide anything.

New_scooby_04 08 July 2006 01:02 PM

I stand by what i said in that a standard WRX ain't that quick and there are plenty of cars capable of keeping up with one. Once moving there are plenty of diesel cars capable of embarassing a WRX driver.

You need a 320bhp/lbs ft classic. Game over!! ;) :D

Ns04

BVM 08 July 2006 01:35 PM

That I agree with.

The retarded part was "Yanks get nose bleeds driving round corners". I have been in the UK for almost three years and I haven't had a nose bleed yet. Why do you all think there are no twisty roads in the USA? While we are on the stereotype subject, would it be fair for me to say that brits have bad teeth?
Not very nice, is it?

lightwave693 08 July 2006 01:45 PM

so would a standard classic wrx beat that 323? and also would a standard uk turbo beat a newage wrx?? straight line race?

i drive my 98uk turbo wagon with a few mods, dawes, decat filters etc and have no problem seeing off most bmws that try to muscle past...

New_scooby_04 08 July 2006 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by BVM
That I agree with.

would it be fair for me to say that brits have bad teeth?
Not very nice, is it?

No, but true, alas *sobs* ;) :D

Ns04

Bubba po 08 July 2006 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by BVM
would it be fair for me to say that brits have bad teeth?

Utterly unfair; mart360's barely got the cellophane off of his. :D

simpsons ! 08 July 2006 02:14 PM

I must have been lucky then as i have been driving a MY04 WRX for two years now and NOTHING has embarassed me yet. Mods are panel filter and Ninja back box.

nik52wrx 08 July 2006 02:57 PM

It was said in humour, surley you must have a humerous side?
I didn't really think you would get a nose bleed f.f.s.
It has been said before that Americans can find the English humour a little difficult to follow.

You can suggest that the British sterotype of having bad teeth as long as i can suggest that the American equivalent is obese :norty:
My teeth are perfect thanks to visiting my dentist every six months, the state of other peoples teeth doesn't concern me :D

Originally Posted by BVM
That I agree with.

The retarded part was "Yanks get nose bleeds driving round corners". I have been in the UK for almost three years and I haven't had a nose bleed yet. Why do you all think there are no twisty roads in the USA? While we are on the stereotype subject, would it be fair for me to say that brits have bad teeth?
Not very nice, is it?