ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   People who owe money (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/527459-people-who-owe-money.html)

Suuba 04 July 2006 05:46 PM

People who owe money

Why do they duck and dive when they owe you money..

I've got a case of one, he's owed me £90 for over 6 months now (used to be a friend) and am just getting round to taking legal action against him.

Everytime i phone him i get the same explanation "am getting paid next thursday al give you it then" same cack for months. however i did send a very agressive/to the point text telling if he dont get my money expect my solicitor to be phoning him and court action, however how can my solicitor take legal action if he doesnt know where he lives, all the info i have is his phone number and full name! :wonder: :confused:

how does it all work to get the money off him anyway?

vava voom 04 July 2006 05:48 PM

Not worth it over £90 quid but a good lession to be learnt!! :nono:

Suuba 04 July 2006 05:53 PM

i get free legal advice and cover though..

small claims court?

Fantom 04 July 2006 06:00 PM

If you lend a person £90, and you never see that person again, then its money well spent :)

Suuba 04 July 2006 06:18 PM

True

:lol1: :lol1:

Jonathan Davies 04 July 2006 06:27 PM

Don't lend anything you can't afford to lose forever. Most people spend more than £90 learning that.

turboman786 04 July 2006 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Suuba
Why do they duck and dive when they owe you money..

?

ANSWER: Because the world is full of shady little freaks who's word ain't worth owt...

Paulo P 04 July 2006 06:29 PM

Been there done that :( I bought the **** a phone that he didn't pay me for but luckily I got the phone back, sold it at a profit and never saw him again :lol1: Money well spent :thumb:

_Meridian_ 04 July 2006 06:34 PM

You are now half-way to learning why you never lend money to friends or family - indeed anyone you aren't prepared to beat to get it back.

M

kingofturds 04 July 2006 07:11 PM

£90 at the end of the day is not the end of the world and not worth the time going through the small claims Imo.:)

LUCKO 04 July 2006 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by paulpalmer
Been there done that :( I bought the **** a phone that he didn't pay me for but luckily I got the phone back, sold it at a profit and never saw him again :lol1: Money well spent :thumb:

lend me your Legacy then and i'll sell it to make a profit :norty:

Dazza01 04 July 2006 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Suuba
however how can my solicitor take legal action if he doesnt know where he lives, all the info i have is his phone number and full name! :wonder: :confused:

Say goodbye to it, but fancy lending money to someone when you don't know where he lives :rolleyes:

dpb 04 July 2006 08:15 PM

lending money to friends eh.....:rolleyes:
Had a customer i did work for took something like 14 months to come up with 1/2 the money he owed us - im a 1 man band - knew the chap sort of and saw him around whenever he was on shift (regualarly) ,would come up with every excuse possible just wound me up in the end...:mad:
Shortly after the 15 months he had a heart attack. and copped it..:)
everbody knew him thought he was wonderful..:confused:..:cuckoo: but id changed me opinion

kingofturds 04 July 2006 08:31 PM

I sold a car to my next door neighbours son. I used to go school with couple of years back on the understanding that he would pay me back week by week.it was only when he buggered off back up country that I found out he was a bankrupt:brickwall .In the end their parents gave me a couple of hundred and I gave up on the rest (lost over £600):eek:

ESH 04 July 2006 08:49 PM

A so called mate owed me some moey last year. I waited and waited and waited still....... In the end I slept with his bird behind his back and took the balance out of her AR5E!! The money doesn't seem to matter any more!!

Esh

Dazza01 04 July 2006 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by ESH
A so called mate owed me some moey last year. I waited and waited and waited still....... In the end I slept with his bird behind his back and took the balance out of her AR5E!! The money doesn't seem to matter any more!!

Esh

pmsl :lol: Mmmmmm now who owes me money :D

Maz 04 July 2006 09:04 PM

The world is full of sneaky bast@rds who will do their utmost to hoodwink you. You do your level best to dodge and sidestep these tw@ts and your friends and family end up skanking you! :wonder:

Stephb1986 04 July 2006 11:00 PM

I lent money out to friends and they wasnt going to pay it back so i turned up at where they worked and said i wouldnt leave without it lmao :)

TopBanana 04 July 2006 11:07 PM

https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/csmco2/index.jsp

Yes it is worth it. Get your money back from the sneaky sod and hopefully he'll think twice next time.

kingofturds 04 July 2006 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by TopBanana
https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/csmco2/index.jsp

Yes it is worth it. Get your money back from the sneaky sod and hopefully he'll think twice next time.

Im guessing if he does not have his address,he will not have written proof that he loaned the money out?

TopBanana 04 July 2006 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by kingofturds
Im guessing if he does not have his address,he will not have written proof that he loaned the money out?

You don't need written proof to take someone to court, but you do need their address. It can't be that hard to find, especially if he is on the electoral register.

Simon K 05 July 2006 07:44 AM

ESH :- Top post !! Spat my drink out on that one ! hahaahahah

SBK

RMA26 05 July 2006 09:19 AM

Get someone else to collect - I've done this for people in the past, and also had it done for?

Nat 05 July 2006 09:31 AM

My gf is in a similar situation but it's about £2k. She's going to court though. Well annoying, that would be a nice holiday for us or have paid for the new combi boiler she's just had to have.

mushkinee 05 July 2006 10:43 PM

I m going to lend an employee £400 to buy a new car i ve written up an agreement which is signed by both of us and states the payment intervals and date of moeny given etc is this a legally binding agreement?

TopBanana 05 July 2006 11:18 PM

Yes. Make sure you have addresses of you and employee and get it witnessed by someone else

sparky300 05 July 2006 11:33 PM

going via small claims means a bit of time thats all, if you win, (and you should if you can prove you lent him money) he also has to pay your costs.

anyway the pre stuff tends to work better, for example.

go to small claims, pay for the form £20(which you will get back) its sent and served...

he now has 3 options....

1) he MUST take action in 14 days to state he will see you in small claims court.
OR
2) He admits he owes you and pays, case is dropped.
OR
3) he askS for more time to reply to the request (max 30 days) then must do one of the above.

if he does not reply to your claim in 14 days you have auto won. he is forced to pay the costs in full and may face action for not taking action within the set time by the courts.

once you file the clock is ticking for him he HAS to do something with 14 days or he could face BIG problems!!!

sparky300 05 July 2006 11:41 PM

i have done this a few time for people that owe my company money and it is easy to set up. once its all started the ball is going thats it!!!

If you had entered into a legal binding contract (one where money is exchanged for goods or a service) and the conditions of that contract are broken, then the court may not even see you and just request they pay.

if you are lending money contract is a MUST, both of you sign and make them sign to state it is not a gift but a loan, one which must be pay back.

Also make sure you have proof he had the money i.e. copy of your statement. Don’t forget they could always state you never fulfilled you end by supplying the money so to cover yourself that way get proof he/she did!

jods 05 July 2006 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by mushkinee
I m going to lend an employee £400 to buy a new car i ve written up an agreement which is signed by both of us and states the payment intervals and date of moeny given etc is this a legally binding agreement?

£400 for a new car ????

Where can you get a new car for that ?

Fuzz 05 July 2006 11:53 PM

It's not just money though is it, so called freinds always asking to borrow tools, dvd's, fix thier pc, fix thier car, help move house, decorate, lifts to the pub and back at three in the morning...

I must have GULLIBLE **** written on my forehead.

Trouble is I never learn, always trying to help out but never get anything in return.
Turn the tables and it turns into sucking teeth, huffing and puffing as if it's too much trouble. :(

Andy