ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Group Buys (https://www.scoobynet.com/group-buys-356/)
-   -   Anything you want in Carbon ! (look anyway) (https://www.scoobynet.com/group-buys-356/526581-anything-you-want-in-carbon-look-anyway.html)

Bartop 30 June 2006 02:24 PM

Anything you want in Carbon ! (look anyway)

Have a look at the thread here for details

Any interest please post below and we'll see how it goes..!

Jamesemt 30 June 2006 02:28 PM

Forester pocket to see the finish...I need to match the carbon effect to my Suabru clip in carbon effect pieces...

Do you reckon they could do door cards?

Bartop 30 June 2006 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Jamesemt
Forester pocket to see the finish...I need to match the carbon effect to my Suabru clip in carbon effect pieces...

Do you reckon they could do door cards?

I'm guessing there must be a size limit (C/F body panels anyone ?) :) I'll find out when the gubbins comes through

Jamesemt 30 June 2006 02:31 PM

If I can get a match I'd want quite a bit more doing...

Bartop 30 June 2006 02:32 PM

Quote from their Webby..

SMARTFOIL gives any product virtually any look - whether it's wood, plastic, metal, plaster, alloy or even pottery or whether it's a dashboard, steering wheel, spoiler, grill, bonnet, interior or exterior trim, wheel, hubcap or door mirror on any vehicle, motorcycle, caravan, boat or even aircraft. The finish is 3 dimensional, hi-shine fine veneer and 100% durable.

It's unique dipping system means it is both quick and simple to use. The range of finishes include carbon-fibre, brushed aluminium, walnut, beech, marble, granite and many more….

ethanrob 30 June 2006 02:51 PM

my forester pocket has just landed back at halfords five minutes ago,i will stick some pics up when fitted(door handles too)

should be tonight :luxhello:

group buy sounds good,i want all the centre section panel tops doing next(the trim around the gear and handbrake area)

ethanrob 30 June 2006 05:55 PM

click below for carbon forester pocket and door handles :thumb:

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthrea...20#post5942220

scoobfan 30 June 2006 08:50 PM

Always wanted the roof and waist spoiler on my wagon in carbon, but couldn't find anywhere that did it:cool:

I'm in dependant on cost of course.

Rob

p1prodrive 30 June 2006 10:11 PM

iam interested in classic engine bay carbon goodies !

Bartop 04 July 2006 11:36 AM

Ok - received some info in the post and an invite to go along and see a demonstration and some examples :) Gonna try and get along on Friday and see if they'll let me take some pics or get some samples..

They also sent me some info on pricing - basically it looks like
Small items like phone cases / radiator caps, bonnet vents etc are approx £24.99 ranging through to large items like centre consoles at £69.99 and big stuff like spoilers at £179.99

12 standard designs from stock - 42 non standard subject to 3 weeks lead time. Will try and get a catalogue or pics from them...

Foil dipping limitations are base on a tank size ot 1m x 2m

They also do Chrome finishing in a range of colours but is more expensive..

More info as and when :)

M

p1prodrive 04 July 2006 10:20 PM

keep us posted

Bartop 10 July 2006 03:59 PM

Ok - quick update - I went down there last week, nice set up, people etc etc. Some interesting things going on there and still early days by the look. They did a phone cover for me in small weave C/F and I saw a few samples..
tbh for me it's not what I'm after - was hoping for something much closer to the Nitosports one and it's just not of that quality imo..
On that basis I won't be progressing the GB but if anyone wants to contact them direct I'm sure they will be very happy to deal with you..
Thanks for the interest..
Pete

M0NEY 10 July 2006 06:26 PM

Pete,

Drop me an email mate. I got talking to a supplier about carbon. Ive seen some of his pictures and its proper good. Proper prepreg carbon, or wetlay or Kevlar.

Sent some bits to get made up for mine and will show you pics and if you like, you can get bits made up

EOEUMC 18 July 2006 02:17 PM

So what sort of Carbon bits are avaliable then? And do you have any prices yet?

97Catalunya 06 August 2006 12:48 PM

Hi do you do a carbon interior trim kit for a classic (1997)?