ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Scooby Wave (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/526394-scooby-wave.html)

DannyB2006 29 June 2006 06:39 PM

Scooby Wave

Hi there i just wanted to report on my scooby wave experiences!! all is good! i wave at them and they wave back! but i was caught out when was of them waved to me first lol, i was like, 'what' o yeah lol as i wasnt expecting it at all!! its only a small thing but i think its cool as its like a little thning for just us scooby drivers! was it one of you guys on here that waved at me first as i knew the others, 94-95 wrx in silver going through holbeach i was in the White one...

nathanb 29 June 2006 07:30 PM

Well good for you cos no fcuker waves round here in Wrexham!!

gaz c 29 June 2006 07:35 PM

get used to the old gits they never wave.:razz:

oh and dont forget the newage two they dont wave at us classic (chav) owners. lol.:D

:thumb:

DannyB2006 29 June 2006 07:50 PM

chav owners... lol ima go now innit lol, well im only 18, got a white scoob, yes i wear a baseball cap... sum times and yes i like tracky bottoms when its hot out lol, but yeha anyway lol. im a well educated chav... innit

I also got a no show off a classic aswell!!! so its not all bad on the newage peeps!!

nathanb 29 June 2006 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by gaz c

oh and dont forget the newage two they dont wave at us classic (chav) owners. lol.:D

Not true! I got new age and you classics dont wave at us!!:mad:

danwrx1980 29 June 2006 11:22 PM

Got a cracking wave off a middle age lady driving a really clean looking silver UK classic wagon today, you know when you look at a person and REALLY don't expect a wave, she gave me a big smile and stuck her hand out the window.
The kind of wave that gives you faith in the human race again.
God I'm so easily pleased!!!

I drive a newage (02 wrx) and wave at anything that bears the scooby name, get about 50% back
To be honest if they don't wave at me it doesn't bother me, as they aren't REAL Subaru enthusiasts and therefore have no business waving anyway!!!!
At least thats my way of looking at it!

Dan.

chocolate_o_brian 30 June 2006 12:15 AM

no bugger waves at me round scunny. saw a nice p1 yesterday and after giving a "phwroagh i like your car" look (was changing gear and steering at the same time:lol1: ) he looked back and blew me a quasimodo kiss all scrunched up. so he was either messing about or being a prick... dunno but made me smile.

if i do see a scooby within time to react il usually give them a flash of my lights rather than a wave. be nice to get one back though. and im not a chav. hate the *******s...

stilover 30 June 2006 12:22 AM

Well, I've waved at 3 or 4 Classics in the last week or so, and not one has waved back. I'm in a 05 STI.

Just goes to show that all Chav's drive Classics, and don't have the brain power to steer & wave at the same time :D

Must admit though, most of the drivers looked a little dodgy :Suspiciou

chocolate_o_brian 30 June 2006 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by stilover
Well, I've waved at 3 or 4 Classics in the last week or so, and not one has waved back. I'm in a 05 STI.

Just goes to show that all Chav's drive Classics, and don't have the brain power to steer & wave at the same time :D

i can just about manage to steer and wave/ and or flash my lights but not when i was changing from second to third gear going round a corner lol. i generally think though that more classic drivers wave rather than new age. dont castrate me on that just an opinion and a general observation.

Elmer Fudpucker 30 June 2006 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by gaz c

Old git?

newage driver?

non-waver?

got me down to a tee there:thumb:

JTaylor 30 June 2006 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by Elmer Fudpucker
Old git?

newage driver?

non-waver?

got me down to a tee there:thumb:

Fitted your sticker yet, Elmer? :confused:

Elmer Fudpucker 30 June 2006 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by JTaylor
Fitted your sticker yet, Elmer? :confused:

go on then,what sticker?.....

JTaylor 30 June 2006 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by Elmer Fudpucker
go on then,what sticker?.....

I recall you were rather partial to a scooby wave sticker with a red line through it. Nevermind :lol1:

Elmer Fudpucker 30 June 2006 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by JTaylor
I recall you were rather partial to a scooby wave sticker with a red line through it. Nevermind :lol1:

nobody offered to make me one;)

*AL* 30 June 2006 01:10 AM

Had a classic recently flash me out in front of him, i was in my newage.I get quite a few waves here in Swindon........the ones that don't wave give me a giggle!

Alan MaC 30 June 2006 09:46 PM

If someone in a, Legacy, Outback, Forester, waved would you wave back??

Alan MAC

Daz1121 30 June 2006 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by stilover

I found that newage owners are the least frequent wavers on the Wirral and the blobeyes are the worst. Yes I drive a classic, I am no Chav as I'm 35, married with 2 children and have been in the same job since I was 18 which is as a wound care research scientist. I bought a Classic, one of the last models a MY00 T2000 UK and had the horrible gold (chav) alloys changed for the Subaru standard silver ones. Why did I buy a Classic instead of a bug or blobeye, because I prefered the look of the Classic. Next Scoob I buy will most likely be either a very low mileage P1 or a STi Hawkeye.

Alan MaC 02 July 2006 09:42 AM

Asking the question again.

If someone in a Legacy, Forester or, Outback waved, would you wave back?

Alan MAC

Daz1121 02 July 2006 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Alan MaC
Asking the question again.

If someone in a Legacy, Forester or, Outback waved, would you wave back?

Alan MAC

I know I'd wave back for sure :)

Gear Head 02 July 2006 09:53 AM

Bit of a mixed bunch down here in kent.
Some do, some don't.
Theres a woman who drives her hubbys blue my03 sti all the time during the week. Uses it to pick up kids from school (where she always parks on double yellows :nono: ) and to the salon to get her nails done or something. How shall we say, not really an enthusiast, so she never waves.

On the other hand, every guy in a classic waves and around 50% of newage owners wave.

nik52wrx 02 July 2006 10:12 AM

Well i drive a Blobeye and when waved at i always wave back or sometimes give a flash, lights of course :norty: .
I wave to all Impreza drivers and must admit most returned waves tend to come from drivers of classics. Some newage drivers look at me as if i had two heads. Saying that there are one or two youngish drivers of older classics that look back thinking who the hell is he waving at.
Nik.

Originally Posted by Daz1121
I found that newage owners are the least frequent wavers on the Wirral and the blobeyes are the worst. Yes I drive a classic, I am no Chav as I'm 35, married with 2 children and have been in the same job since I was 18 which is as a wound care research scientist. I bought a Classic, one of the last models a MY00 T2000 UK and had the horrible gold (chav) alloys changed for the Subaru standard silver ones. Why did I buy a Classic instead of a bug or blobeye, because I prefered the look of the Classic. Next Scoob I buy will most likely be either a very low mileage P1 or a STi Hawkeye.

Alan MaC 02 July 2006 10:17 AM

Nice one DAZ.

GraemeN 02 July 2006 10:24 AM

Took me a while to get used to being waved at when I first got the scoob, but now I wave at all things scooby, whether they are classic, new age, forester, legacy or outback. :thumb:

sydsnot2002 02 July 2006 10:25 AM

got my first wave last nite,, was well chuffed,,, the other half asked if i knew this person or not,, :lol1: think after some explaining she finally understood ot was a scoob thing:lol1: :lol1:

Alan MaC 02 July 2006 10:36 AM

Ditto

GraemeN

4evermad 02 July 2006 10:45 AM

get lots of waves down in canterbury kent:luxhello:

danfranklin1 02 July 2006 05:37 PM

Without being too sexist, I think it's fair to say women never wave. Passed a middle age bird in what was obviously her hubby's newage - totally ignored numerous flashes and waves!

Can't live with 'em, can't kill 'em.