ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Do they sell Subarus in Italy? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/525219-do-they-sell-subarus-in-italy.html)

DarkStar66 24 June 2006 05:59 PM

Do they sell Subarus in Italy?

I've just got back from the Sorrento peninsula after 2 weeks and I didn't see one Subaru of any type whilst there.

I was thinking it would be great for a bunch of Scoobies to go there. The locals would wonder what had hit them! Although I think the Italians prefer looks to outright performance so they might turn up their noses.

GC8 24 June 2006 06:10 PM

Sold as the Impreza GT I believe. Ive seen Italian Policemen driivng Legacys btw...

Simon

Swen6 24 June 2006 07:10 PM

Is that like asking if they sell Pizza:p

DarkStar66 10 July 2006 01:22 PM

After posting the thread I found the Italian Subaru website so that answered that question.

Maybe it was just the area I was in. You saw the odd Ferrari and Lambo but most were Fiat group stuff with manditory scuffs and dents. The BMW Mini was very popular as well, their streets are so narrow there it's pointless having a bigger car unless you really need it.

oobster 10 July 2006 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by DarkStar66
I've just got back from the Sorrento peninsula after 2 weeks

Lucky bugger. Only been there once, for a day, as part of our honeymoon cruise round the med. & thought it was the best out of all the places we visited during that fortnight.

Paulo P 10 July 2006 03:14 PM

They have good cars like Fiats and Alfas so they don't need scoobs :lol1:

WRX300MAN 10 July 2006 04:06 PM

Well . . . . I believe they do sell Subaru's in Wopaly . . .:lol1: . .

My former dear Italian colleagues really admired my car, and one even pointed out that he intended to buy his friends Subaru, but he wrote it off:( . .

And when I showed an Italian girl a picture of my WRX her remark was

" But it isa verya uglya " - followed by intense laughter . . :wonder:

moneys 10 July 2006 04:59 PM

i was in rome in march and whilst in the line for the vatican i spotted a subaru at the main entrance. so the answer to your question is yes they do sell subaru,s in italy and the f*cking POPE of all people has got one:notworthy

alloy 10 July 2006 05:01 PM

How the story actually went :p

Originally Posted by WRX300MAN

And when I showed an Italian girl my picture her remark was

" But it isa verya uglya " - followed by intense laughter . . :wonder:

:lol: :D

WRX300MAN 10 July 2006 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by alloy
How the story actually went :p

:lol: :D

Yes Andy ! Very good!:lol1::lol1:

MAte . .But she saw the Subaru rather, and all I heard was laughter, followed by the remark of " But it isa verya uglya car . . ." . . And when I remarked that I have tinted windows, she laughed even harder . . .:lol1:

:D

WRX300MAN 10 July 2006 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by moneys
i was in rome in march and whilst in the line for the vatican i spotted a subaru at the main entrance. so the answer to your question is yes they do sell subaru,s in italy and the f*cking POPE of all people has got one:notworthy

So . . Do you think Papa Ratsi goes drifting in St.Peter's square!:norty:

moneys 10 July 2006 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by WRX300MAN
So . . Do you think Papa Ratsi goes drifting in St.Peter's square!:norty:

i did post a "was it you" when i got back but the pope must of missed it , maybe he was busy doing whatever it is pope,s do that day.

WRX300MAN 10 July 2006 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by moneys
i did post a "was it you" when i got back but the pope must of missed it , maybe he was busy doing whatever it is pope,s do that day.

So . .Did the "was it you" post sound anything along the lines of "GEEZER with white hair spotted drifting in ROme St.Peter square" . .Excelent . . .But please remind me . .When the college of Cardinals elect a new Pope, do they announce it do the world with a loud exhaust note from a WRX???:wonder: . . .Or is it to do with some tyre smoke???:D