ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   Should I buy a Nissan Navara? (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/525034-should-i-buy-a-nissan-navara.html)

paulg1979 23 June 2006 05:29 PM

Should I buy a Nissan Navara?

I started up my own business and am seriously thinking of buying one. Anyone driven one or own one as I would like to know if its worth it? Other option is the Mitsubishi L200 warrior but not too keen on it.

Bat-Fink 23 June 2006 05:45 PM

mate on SC has got one for his air con company.

aggs 23 June 2006 05:47 PM

I use a L200 pick up as work horse on construction site for last 18months, as tough as nails,pretty good off road in mud, even with road biased tyres.
Driven a Nevara crew cab but not for any length of time, seems ok.
No complaints from the guys at work who have them.
New models look pretty good.
Guys at work also have Warrior very similar vehicles really.

paulg1979 23 June 2006 05:51 PM

It was the new model I was after. I prefer the interior on the Nissan. They are a little more expensive than the L200 though. I'm probably looking at one of those contract lease deals. Works out pretty cheap.

Varboy 24 June 2006 11:05 AM

do you need one ie the functionality or are you a 30 something with a beer belly and shaved head because you are going bald.

1st one yes, buy it. 2nd one, stay away, get a Mondeo:lol1:

Seriously, I think they are good but can't see the point of owning a big 4wd in the UK

watto52 24 June 2006 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Varboy
do you need one ie the functionality or are you a 30 something with a beer belly and shaved head because you are going bald.

1st one yes, buy it. 2nd one, stay away, get a Mondeo:lol1:

Seriously, I think they are good but can't see the point of owning a big 4wd in the UK

Farmers use big 4x4s.

Anyways. This is a difficult one, cause both cars are roughly the same IMO. But if i was to choose id go for the Navara. What car teated 3 pick ups against each other. The Navara, L200 and the Hi-lux. The Navara came out 1st. Better on the road better cabin but all the same ownership wise.

Hope this helps.:thumb:

DCI Gene Hunt 24 June 2006 11:27 AM

NO, you should boil your head in a pan of water until you start to see reason..... Why-oh-why do you want to look like a PIKEY? (or maybe you are a pikey.....) :rolleyes:

KiwiGTI 24 June 2006 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Varboy

I thought they all drove Imprezas?

Varboy 24 June 2006 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by KiwiGTI
I thought they all drove Imprezas?

yes, that's their 2nd car

paulg1979 24 June 2006 12:12 PM

I have a full head of hair weigh 11 and a half stone and my username gives my age away so no, not over 30. The reason I want one is because the tax man goes easy on you. You pay the tax man £500 a year for a commercial vehicle but cars are done on co2 emmisions.

DCI Gene Hunt 24 June 2006 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by paulg1979
I have a full head of hair weigh 11 and a half stone and my username gives my age away so no, not over 30. The reason I want one is because the tax man goes easy on you. You pay the tax man £500 a year for a commercial vehicle but cars are done on co2 emmisions.

Yep, a Pikey.............................

paulg1979 24 June 2006 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt
Yep, a Pikey.............................

Would you be brave enough to say that in the middle of a caravan site or just in front of your computer!! Makes me laugh!! Wimp!!:)

DCI Gene Hunt 24 June 2006 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by paulg1979
Would you be brave enough to say that in the middle of a caravan site or just in front of your computer!! Makes me laugh!! Wimp!!:)

Another pikey!...... Fookin 'ell have I logged on to Pikey-net in error? look little boy, you need to fook off and play with your chavy little car rather than play with the BIG BOYS!.........I suggest a trip to Maccy D's or Halfrauds......... you silly little chav....

aggs 24 June 2006 12:40 PM

I believe tax break changing to £3000 a year quite soon.
Personally I think enjoyable motoring is worth paying for, big 4 by 4 crew cabs are not a driving enthusiasts machine,and they drink fuel pretty rapidly.
If you need one for work as a work tool, buy a proper pick up that can actually carry a load and have a 2nd fun car for knocking around in.
I am fortunate that I turn up at work and use the pick up all day round the site.
You may not even need a 4 by 4 and a cheap van be a better option and cheaper to run.

paulg1979 24 June 2006 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt
Another pikey!...... Fookin 'ell have I logged on to Pikey-net in error? look little boy, you need to fook off and play with your chavy little car rather than play with the BIG BOYS!.........I suggest a trip to Maccy D's or Halfrauds......... you silly little chav....

Chav Chav Chav Chav. Never heard that one before. Like a broken record you stupid ****!! I'm neither pikey or chav and you BIG BOY. Don't make me laugh. You sound like a little kid. Get over the pikey Chav crap. No ones impressed little penis!!!!!

sti-04!! 24 June 2006 05:23 PM

:cuckoo:

DCI Gene Hunt 24 June 2006 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by sti-04!!
:cuckoo:

I agree, he's a bit bonkers...................:D

GC8 24 June 2006 07:04 PM

Pete is that you?

dpb 24 June 2006 07:10 PM

who else ..:rolleyes:

Franx2 25 June 2006 09:48 AM

Dunnowhat all that was about......Never seen a pikey driving a navara in my life:wonder: Not that I'm an expert....

Anyway, we have the said vehicle at work on an '02 plate. I find it slightly underpowered, although it does have a pretty good turn of speed, and sits at er...'70' on the motorway pretty quietly. The ride is slightly strange to say the least, but that's probably a result of leaf springs at the back - It's probably be better when lugging a load of gear around.

Could quite easily be driven as an everyday car though. Flexible as well, although the only thing that'd put me off is the lack of length inside the car - i.e. can't get the windsurfing boards inside because of the window half way down. One other thing - the back seats are terrible, with no leg room, but that might not be a concern:)

DCI Gene Hunt 25 June 2006 09:55 AM

You could also do some OAP building work on the side, hedge trimming, drive tarmacing, etc..... it'll all help pay for ya ma's new caravan......:D

paulg1979 25 June 2006 01:26 PM

Its not looking like a good idea now. I'm better off just buying a car out of my personal account and buying second hand. Thay can keep the VAT:hjtwofing
BMW 330 Ci it is then.:)

aggs 25 June 2006 01:35 PM

You will not miss the Nevara!!

paulg1979 25 June 2006 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by aggs
You will not miss the Nevara!!

Thanks. Sort of glad I didn't get one now. I've always wanted a 330 Ci and can pick them up for £15000 now. It seems like most people buy BMW's after a scooby.

DCI Gene Hunt 25 June 2006 05:54 PM

Glad to hear it.... another soul saved from Pikey-hell....:D

Mr Leigh 27 June 2006 09:23 PM

I have an 05 Z and Nivara. The latest one is a huge improvement over the old one. Its got all the benefits of a Pathfinder for much less money too.