ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   A prisoner in my own scoob! (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/524884-a-prisoner-in-my-own-scoob.html)

StudentScooby 22 June 2006 11:26 PM

A prisoner in my own scoob!

Well thats what it feels like! carnt go anywhere from fear of breaking down, carnt leave it anywhere too paranoid about it getting broken into,stolen,damaged. If im brave enough to make a run for somewhere then ive still got to worry about optimax availability! Well its a good job ive got the transit connect :-)

SamUK 22 June 2006 11:49 PM

Chill...its only a car.... :D Enjoy it!

watto52 23 June 2006 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by StudentScooby
Well thats what it feels like! carnt go anywhere from fear of breaking down, carnt leave it anywhere too paranoid about it getting broken into,stolen,damaged. If im brave enough to make a run for somewhere then ive still got to worry about optimax availability! Well its a good job ive got the transit connect :-)

Bloody ell mate. If you fel that bad, sell it and get something less attractive like an EVO or a Cosworth. Even uglier a lancia delta intergale eeww.

Eckmcmann 23 June 2006 02:02 AM

a car like a scoob should be fun mate! relax and enjoy it :D

nik52wrx 23 June 2006 06:21 AM

Why should it break down ?
Use Ultimate or Tesco special stuff.
Take a chill pill and enjoy, failing that buy a 1.6Lx Focus.
No one will look twice at it, it shouldn't break down and you can stick whatever petrol you like in it,problem solved.
Nik.

pimmo2000 23 June 2006 06:22 AM

:cuckoo:

[Davey] 23 June 2006 08:20 AM

Its not the car, you have some "issues" you need to see a psychiatrist about!

1) Filling up with regular unleaded will not damage your engine if your not taking it to the limits.

2) There isnt some dodgey geezer waiting in every carpark for you to leave your car so he can nick it.

3) Its not got some magnetic energy that attracts every shopping trolley within 100 metres.

stilover 23 June 2006 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by [Davey]

3) Its not got some magnetic energy that attracts every shopping trolley within 100 metres.

Although when just washed, they do have a magnetic energy that attract birds to poo all over them :mad:

prodrive SL 23 June 2006 08:22 PM

or just birds ;)

bowsaaa 26 June 2006 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by StudentScooby

Try driving it a bit steadier m8, it lasted a good 7months with me behind the wheel with nothin but a oil leak & shed load of optimax:lol1: :lol1:

Stevesbluewrx 26 June 2006 01:37 AM

Mate,

I am sure most of us have been there. I still find it hard taking it to the shopping centre car parks and tesco but have learned that it will take over your life style if not. :Suspiciou

As has been said. Drive it and enjoy mate. Nothing lasts forever anyway so make the most of it.:lol1:

Get out there and drive it.

Steve

Gangsta Smurf 26 June 2006 07:21 AM

The posts on this site just get better and better :Whatever_ :Whatever_ :Whatever_

Gutmann pug 26 June 2006 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by Gangsta Smurf
The posts on this site just get better and better :Whatever_ :Whatever_ :Whatever_

agreed

DCI Gene Hunt 26 June 2006 08:57 AM

Just relax.... doesn't matter if you fill it up with regular unleaded (from time to time..) and get a good quality steering lock for when you're out & about etc..

Anyway you should worry more about the thieving scrotes braking into your house at night and threatening your family for the keys rather than leaving it in a car park... hope you feel better now.......:D

DCI Gene Hunt 26 June 2006 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by Gangsta Smurf

It's the king of quality himself.... the 'ICONIC Gangster Smurf' (snigger)....:thumb:

Gangsta Smurf 26 June 2006 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt
It's the king of quality himself.... the 'ICONIC Gangster Smurf' (snigger)....:thumb:

Always a pleasure matey! :thumb:

ramsden1 26 June 2006 01:32 PM

its a rare sight seeing a bird pooing on your bonnet
but a bllody good one?

StudentScooby 26 June 2006 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by bowsaaa
Try driving it a bit steadier m8, it lasted a good 7months with me behind the wheel with nothin but a oil leak & shed load of optimax:lol1: :lol1:

you spotted me going up heanor hill and said i was going too slow so make up your mind. hahahaha. I havent even had the beast recovered yet my wallet is too small at the moment to afford a new box subaru quoted me £2775 without fitting i was like yeah ok i will take a spare as well at that price NOT.

bowsaaa 26 June 2006 03:38 PM

rebuild the box u already got m8, it'l work out cheaper than you think. or just post a wanted on here.

StudentScooby 26 June 2006 03:57 PM

Going to scoobyclinic i want warrenty with it and dont want to pay labour costs if a second hand box dies straight away.

Mick 26 June 2006 04:14 PM

TEGSport (near Morecambe) quoted a gearbox rebuild at ~ £400 ish i think - worth a ring 01524 733837 :thumb:

Mick :D