ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   DONT BUY HEADERS OF EBAY, FROM USA (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/524852-dont-buy-headers-of-ebay-from-usa.html)

strongman 22 June 2006 09:48 PM

DONT BUY HEADERS OF EBAY, FROM USA

:mad: BOUGHT A SET OF HEADERS FROM USA ON EBAY.COST £47 TO HAVE PUT ON,WEEK LATER THEY BROKE RIGHT ON THE WELD.E-MAILED
THEM AND THEY DONT GIVE A TOSS.THOUGHT I WOULD LET YOU ALL KNOW ,SO YOU DONT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE.
:mad:

B0DSKI 22 June 2006 09:50 PM

£47 for headers!! What do u expect M8?? Get what u pay for at the end of the day!

Paulo P 22 June 2006 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by B0DSKI
£47 for headers!! What do u expect M8?? Get what u pay for at the end of the day!

You missed this bit ;) TO HAVE PUT ON

StudentScooby 22 June 2006 09:52 PM

that was for fitting, i have ebay headers and no probs apart from increased toque killed the box

B0DSKI 22 June 2006 09:54 PM

DOH!!!!!!! Teach me to read it properly hey!

AndyC_772 22 June 2006 10:05 PM

That's a bit like saying "I bought a product over the phone and it was crap, don't ever buy products over the phone".

You DO know what Ebay actually is and how it works, don't you? :cuckoo:

GC8 22 June 2006 10:09 PM

Dont the majority of, if not all, fabricated equal-length headers have this same achilles heel?

scooby-si 22 June 2006 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by GC8
Dont the majority of, if not all, fabricated equal-length headers have this same achilles heel?

no

if you buy them, then take them to a stainless welder and get them redone ;) the ones i had on the car are better welding than hks :)

rob2006 22 June 2006 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by AndyC_772
That's a bit like saying "I bought a product over the phone and it was crap, don't ever buy products over the phone".

pmsl, suttle as a brick AndyC!

Strongman..... they werent OBX by any chance... this happend to my mate hes welded them 3 times now.

Rob

GC8 22 June 2006 10:15 PM

That doesnt really count Simon.....

:)

strongman 22 June 2006 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by AndyC_772

Yeah mate well aware what ebay is!!!! but i bought the manifold from a shop in the USA and assumed i had the same come back as i would over here. obviously if you buy from private seller on ebay you havent got the same come back. But cheers anyway for your advice, i will keep it in mind next time. Cheers:luxhello:

strongman 22 June 2006 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by rob2006
pmsl, suttle as a brick AndyC!

Strongman..... they werent OBX by any chance... this happend to my mate hes welded them 3 times now.

Rob

YES THEY WERE.