ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   PEPIPOO and PACE statements (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/524842-pepipoo-and-pace-statements.html)

alloy 22 June 2006 08:51 PM

PEPIPOO and PACE statements

Has anybody used Pepipoo's PACE form for a recent NIP offence? What was the outcome? Cheers :D

TopBanana 22 June 2006 09:06 PM

Try posting on pepipoo

Ian_S 22 June 2006 09:57 PM

Freak has used it successfully

druddle 23 June 2006 08:01 AM

Yes i used it and a year later after a howler of an error by the CPS i got off the speeding charge.

Dave

Freak 23 June 2006 10:20 AM

NIP middle of last october from mobile scamera.
-requested photo/film, and it was sent (shocking quality btw).
-sent PACE letter off
-received one letter containing threat of s172 (failure to provide) if i didnt respond within 28 days
-i ignored it and sent nothing else.
-nothing further received from them.

It has timed out now- both speeding (6 months) and s172 (7 months) so I cannot be prosecuted. :)

My dad bet me that I wouldn't get away with a clean licence..... :lol1:

Stick to your guns and it should be ok.

alcazar 23 June 2006 10:27 AM

Tried it against Beds mags. Failed:(

They just ignored it, and to cap it all, I got done for £150 costs, even though the witness I asked for didn't turn up......and I could have proved that HE lied on his statement:(

Four points and £100 instead of three and £60:(:(

It's a lottery. I eagerly await the Idris Francis decision.

Alcazar

druddle 23 June 2006 07:06 PM

Got mine last Feb. NIP sent to me.
Requested photos
Got them, sent PACE
After 28 days got sent letter threatening s172, ignored it
After 28 days, got another s172 threat, ignored it
After 14 days, got another s172 threat, replied and referred to original PACE statement
Got court summons
Went to court, prosecution had none of the summons bundle sent to me so had to reshedule a PT(Pre Trial Review) to agree how long the actual hearing would take and set a date
Went to PTR, prosecution said they couldnt understand why i pleaded not guilty, if it old them why, case would be dropped
Told them that the copy of the NIP in the summons bundle they said they could prove they sent to me was actually the one they sent to lease company, so it was inadmissable. No evidence, case dismissed.

Dave

kingofturds 23 June 2006 07:20 PM

Got allegedly caught last may. sent me nip, requested photo they sent me a shocking photo that did not identify the driver (thank god for rear tinted windows) They sent me a nasty letter saying as the registered keeper if I did not disclose the identity of the driver I would face prosecution. I then replied quoting info from their own website that by law a camera site has to be situated within 1.5km of a camera sign which this one was not and was therfore illegal.
went strangely quiet after that:D

Puff The Magic Wagon! 23 June 2006 07:50 PM

Got NIP'd
Sent a letter asked for photo
Came back about S172
Played about with letters saying was driver but not filling out their form.
Sent S172 and asked for photo in a sort of PACE style - ie show my car doing the speed when/where and I would accept their accusation if correct.
5 months later NFA letter