ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Baby monitors (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/524837-baby-monitors.html)

druddle 22 June 2006 08:33 PM

Baby monitors

Hello

Does anyone have any recommendations for baby monitors ? Will be needing one in a few months (gulp) :D :D :D

There are millions on the market but not sure what to go for. Only want one that does sound, not one that does TV, can connect to mobiles, makes dinner and can do crosswords by itself...

Dave

J4CKO 22 June 2006 08:37 PM

Dont get one, when they cry it pisses you off and when you dont you worry whether they are ok !

sti-04!! 22 June 2006 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by J4CKO
Dont get one, when they cry it pisses you off and when you dont you worry whether they are ok !

Sooooooo true :thumb:

Jamo 22 June 2006 08:58 PM

we got a baby monitor with infa red camera and sound, its fantastic :thumb: just looking at it now, you can see her breathing its that sensitive and its pitch black in her room.

I can get you the full spec if you want it, just pm me :)

GaryK 22 June 2006 09:01 PM

we got bought the tomy one I think its in argos.

Proby521 22 June 2006 09:45 PM

Was gonna get a camera one, then we thought it was a bit over the top. Cheaper to use a webcam bunged in there if you need a camera. We use the TOMY Walkabout Premier ADVANCE system. Baby unit plugs in (or can run on batteries) and Parent unit is rechargable (on a cradle). Got a few different channels to select just incase of interference, a remote LED nightlight, you can talk to the little dude from the Parent unit if you need to, and the BEST feature is the remote thermometer. You can see the exact temperature in the little un's room from the parent unit. Very useful if you have windows open upstairs, and it may be getting a little chilly, you can see the exact temp up there. Highly recommended.

Proby.

PS : It was about £60, but well worth it.

powerwrx 22 June 2006 09:58 PM

ive just got a BT monitor plus,off EDDIE BAY if you know where i mean he he, got it for £20 less than the shop. its got digital display,thermometer display and plays tunes that you can control from downstairs. Also has stars as a night light. oh yeah and you can talk to your little monster from your monitor downstairs

All for 50 of the queens english pounds

Jamo 22 June 2006 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Proby521
Was gonna get a camera one, then we thought it was a bit over the top. Cheaper to use a webcam bunged in there if you need a camera. We use the TOMY Walkabout Premier ADVANCE system. Baby unit plugs in (or can run on batteries) and Parent unit is rechargable (on a cradle). Got a few different channels to select just incase of interference, a remote LED nightlight, you can talk to the little dude from the Parent unit if you need to, and the BEST feature is the remote thermometer. You can see the exact temperature in the little un's room from the parent unit. Very useful if you have windows open upstairs, and it may be getting a little chilly, you can see the exact temp up there. Highly recommended.

Proby.

PS : It was about £60, but well worth it.

we paid £40 for the camera with a screen and it has night vision :)