ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   2000 type r stalls need help please (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/523499-2000-type-r-stalls-need-help-please.html)

big daz2 17 June 2006 01:06 PM

2000 type r stalls need help please

i went out for a run in her two days ago,when i was out i gave her a blast down on an ind est straight road,i pulled off all was fine got up to forth and went over a bump in the road and had nothing from excelirator but engine was still running so i went down the gears all was ok but still no power then when i stoped it stalled,now when i start her it starts as normal but wont idle and nothing happends when i press the excelirator,the cables fine and there are no visible cracks or splits in any pipes to the turbo or induction.there is a strong smell of petrol when she starts and smoke from exhaust but i think thats unburnt fuel its not black or blue.the check engine light isnt on and everything else is normal apart from the clifford imobaliser when i turn the key there was never a light flashing but now there is but it does still start,i got recovered home and im trying to fix it today as im going to santa pod next week,i wont be running but would still like to take her.please someone help if not its on the loader up to api.

jaytc2003 17 June 2006 01:15 PM

sounds like a pipe has come of somewhere. Check around the intercooler

Swen6 17 June 2006 01:38 PM

Had a similar problem with my old RS Turbo a few years back, travelling down the M1 and lost power, pulled over and it stalled, couldn't get it going again. Turned out a cable on the alarm and come loose, like above check pipes for an air leak, but also get someone to check the alarm.

big daz2 17 June 2006 04:16 PM

thanks lads ive checked all intercooler pipes no problem it might be the alarm wire anymore,if it was the alarm would it start at all?

big daz2 17 June 2006 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Swen6
Had a similar problem with my old RS Turbo a few years back, travelling down the M1 and lost power, pulled over and it stalled, couldn't get it going again. Turned out a cable on the alarm and come loose, like above check pipes for an air leak, but also get someone to check the alarm.

did it start after it had stalled

Swen6 17 June 2006 05:43 PM

Wouldn't run, it'd start and stall just as quick. So you'd get the vroom then it'd die. [feel like a kid again....vroom vroom:D]

big daz2 17 June 2006 05:53 PM

thats how mine is,i think it is the imobilizer but dont know how to by pass it

Swen6 17 June 2006 05:58 PM

Wouldn't have a clue mate, check as much of the wiring as you possibly can, check for breaks, loose connections other than that you might have to bite the bullet and pay for someone to look.

big daz2 17 June 2006 06:36 PM

i think so thanks mate

Swen6 17 June 2006 07:38 PM

Not a problem, good luck with the search.

Mark

APIDavid 17 June 2006 08:40 PM

Size 10 feet; One - Subaru; Nil :D

l 'm still convinced you have a pipe off or with a hole in it somewhere.

Good luck Daz

David APi

big daz2 18 June 2006 10:06 AM

ill be giving you a ring monday if its not fixed to come and get it i think david.ive been through all the pipe work cant see any cracks or lose pipes.

APIDavid 18 June 2006 04:53 PM

Daz, we're solid this week, earliest I can come and get will be Friday.

l'll look through the works schedule on Monday but I am fairly sure it'll be Friday. Then you can come and get it Saturday and straight on to Santa pod then...........

That'd work wouldn't it ??

David APi

big daz2 18 June 2006 09:36 PM

that'd be great mate,i may be able to get it delivered to you be my breakdown company and then nathen can have a look whenever and if its ready sat,happy days up for another bacon buttie.thanks david ill give you a call tomorrow.ps how was nbo