ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   mint classic? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/522784-mint-classic.html)

criscoob 14 June 2006 01:26 PM

mint classic?

hi people
iv begun the hunt to replace my classic with another lower milage classic thats in mint condition as the boot in mine is rotting away nicely, something i should have noticed when i bought the car but i made the mistake of not looking into what i needed to be looking for when buying one as i was in such a rush to get my hands on one.its a uk my00 2000 turbo thats done 82000 miles iv had the car for over a year now and i really think its time to get shut and get a new one but i cant seem to find any decent classics around, is it me looking in the wrong places or are they really that hard to find? if anyone knows of any good garages to get one from could you please let me know. i need to part-ex mine as i dont think it will sell privately due to my rust problem. any help would be much appreciated:confused: :confused:

chocolate_o_brian 14 June 2006 01:32 PM

could you not get the rust cut and welded out maybe. is it inside the boot the problem is or the boot lid? if you part ex it especially at a dealer you will get bugger all mate... unless they do a minimum part ex price.

criscoob 14 June 2006 01:39 PM

thats what i planned on doing at first mate but it now appears that it would need a new passenger sill as well because when i tried to jack it up to look from underneath i panaged to punch a big hole in it, ooops. iv also come to realise that someone has crashed it before as i can see marks where its been filled etc so i dont know if il just be opening a can of worms. i know i wont get much from a garage iv been offered around £5000 on a px, i realise now im paying for my mistake in not taking my time in the first place.:(

Petem95 14 June 2006 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by criscoob
i know i wont get much from a garage iv been offered around £5000 on a px, i realise now im paying for my mistake in not taking my time in the first place.:(

£5k sounds like a good price - I'd bite their hand off. Sounds like theres a good chance its been involved in an accident, so I wouldnt fancy driving that around - Impreza's perform quite poorly in accidents anyway, let alone ones which have been crashed and repaired.

criscoob 14 June 2006 01:46 PM

i was only offered £5000 if i was buying something from them around the 10-12k mark, there was a nice looking sti type-r there but theres no way im paying for the insurance on that they want thousands off me!!!

pslewis 14 June 2006 01:50 PM

Sounds like a 'Cut-n-Shut' car to me!! :eek:

Did it clear the HPi check??

I would take the £5k if it was on offer!!!!!! Sounds like you have a real dog!

Pete

criscoob 14 June 2006 01:54 PM

its not a cut n shut car i can see that as the damage is one side only but you are right it is a bit of a dog!

ramsden1 14 June 2006 03:28 PM

what sort of classic areyou after anything in particular
and what price range

RB5_245 14 June 2006 03:55 PM

Ok I'm biased, but if you want a mint condition classic I reckon go for an RB5. You may well be able to trace the history from new and chances are it's been owned by a bit more of an enthusiast. :)

Floyd 14 June 2006 07:43 PM

Scoobs tend to be fairly rust free unless poorly repaired after a bump. Get rid now.

F

criscoob 14 June 2006 09:41 PM

cheers fellas youve confirmed what i was already thinking, still going to struggle for a mint classic though arent i, the bloke over the road has got one but he wont sell it the meanie:freak3: :freak3:

StudentScooby 14 June 2006 09:49 PM

RB5 or P1 all the way.

criscoob 14 June 2006 09:54 PM

id really love a p1 my mate has one and it awesome to drive but really cant afford the insurance, the rb5 could be a contender tho

RB5_245 14 June 2006 09:56 PM

www.RB5oc.co.uk :thumb: