ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ICE (https://www.scoobynet.com/ice-2/)
-   -   Kenwood KCA-BT100 bluetooth - anyone tried it ? (https://www.scoobynet.com/ice-2/522392-kenwood-kca-bt100-bluetooth-anyone-tried-it.html)

Bartop 12 June 2006 08:50 PM

Kenwood KCA-BT100 bluetooth - anyone tried it ?

Looks like it hasn't been out long - plugs into the cd changer of a compatible kenwood HU - very reasonable too at £115 ish..
Interested if anyone has any knowledge/experience/links etc
Thanks
:)

Andy Tang 12 June 2006 10:51 PM

I went for a cheaper option when I was looking for a bluetooth car kit.

I got a Parrot CK3100 for £65 delivered off ebay, although I've been unable to find one so cheap again! :o

It took 20 minutes to fit it into the Golf, and most of that time was deciding where to locate the LCD screen!

It uses ISO leads which feed both power to the unit and output the sound via the existing stereo speakers.

I'm so impressed with the quality, I'm going to get one for the Forester as well! :)

Bartop 12 June 2006 11:25 PM

Yeah I seen those Andy - looks cool and have heard good reports..
Really wanted to get something to integrate in the HU display - the kenwood is just over a £100 so seems good value if any good..

urban 20 November 2006 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by Bartop
Looks like it hasn't been out long - plugs into the cd changer of a compatible kenwood HU - very reasonable too at £115 ish..
Thanks

Folks,

What about this Kenwood bluetooth setup?
Have many got these units now?

Thanks,
Shaun

Bartop 20 November 2006 10:15 AM

I got mine the day they were released :)

Super unit - very easy to install, couple of niggly things but tbh I've been to busy to spend much time with it, read the manual, try stuff out etc but for basic call/receive etc it's great..

urban 20 November 2006 10:34 AM

I'd ordered mine in May, but the dealer was only able to supply approx 2 weeks ago.
Had it fitted at the weekend.

It is very good and crystal clear too, not like those stupid earpieces.

Can't get the phonebook to download though, but it looks like my phone isn't on the compatible list from Kenwood.
So when you make or receive a call it won't tell you names/numbers etc.

Shaun

Bartop 20 November 2006 10:39 AM

What phone Shaun ? I had to do mine individually by sending them from the phone but worked fine..

rb5 286 20 November 2006 11:33 AM

I fitted mine last week, took seconds which is the best thing.

I can't fathom out how to transfer my 6280 phonebook to the stereo, tried sending via bluetooth individually and no luck there.

any1 managed to do this...

found this on the compatability chart

* There are models where the phone book memorized in the SIM card cannot be transferred. In this case, copy the phone book in the memory of the cell-phone, and then try to transfer.
* If a phone book cannot be transferred one by one, try to use the function of all phone book transfer.

urban 20 November 2006 12:11 PM

Samsung D500 Bartop.

Doesn't seem to be on Kenwoods list, D520 D600 are there.
I don't like the phone anyway, so going to get it changed.
Receiving & making calls works a treat, just no phonebook data present.

Shaun

Bartop 20 November 2006 01:01 PM

I've just got a D900 - haven't tried it yet but I shall be mightily unhappy if I can't sync the phone book !

rb5 286 20 November 2006 01:19 PM

i have just sussed it with my phone.

you have to disconnect the b/t connection with the unit, then send a business card via bluetooth to the unit, it then downloads.

then you have to go into the b/t feature, select phonebook 2 which is the downloaded numbers , select the tel number you want and then press and hold 1/2/3/4 or 5 to save as a preset.

or you can scroll thru the phone book til the number you want.

once you get the hang of the features its simple, instructions are a bit confusing but i just spent 15 minutes messing around and its easy as pie now.

:D

rb5 286 20 November 2006 01:20 PM

I've just got a D900 - haven't tried it yet but I shall be mightily unhappy if I can't sync the phone book !

D900 is not listed Kenwood Corporation | Bluetooth Hands-free Box KCA-BT100 Compatibility list but maybe due to it being new???

urban 23 November 2006 02:11 PM

Guys,

Just getting back to this again.

OK, I cannot sent contact details to the head unit with my current phone.
That'll be changing soon as I'm getting a different mobile through work.

So, currently when I receive a call the unit just says "no name, no number"
Will it then change to display the name of the caller if I download the phonebook.

Also, I can't fgure out how to manyally edit the phone book on the headunit.
I can dial a number, it remembers the number I've rang etc, but how do you associate a name with the number on the unit itself?
Presumably it would also then display the name etc?

Thanks,
Shaun

Bartop 23 November 2006 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by urban
Guys,

Just getting back to this again.

OK, I cannot sent contact details to the head unit with my current phone.
That'll be changing soon as I'm getting a different mobile through work.

So, currently when I receive a call the unit just says "no name, no number"
Will it then change to display the name of the caller if I download the phonebook.

Also, I can't fgure out how to manyally edit the phone book on the headunit.
I can dial a number, it remembers the number I've rang etc, but how do you associate a name with the number on the unit itself?
Presumably it would also then display the name etc?

Thanks,
Shaun

Yes it will change and display the caller, there is no way that I have found to edit the phone book through the head unit.

Oh btw - works great with the D900 - the phone gives you the option of sending the whole phonebook via bluetooth rather than individually as I had to do with the Motorola SLVR.

Talk us through how you are trying to upload them from your phone. You know you have to disconnect the phone from the HU first, then go into your address book and select share or whatever the option is, select the HU and transmit it.
Once done you can then re - pair with the HU and your address will be there..

urban 24 November 2006 04:56 PM

I was disconnecting OK, it just seems that the samsung D500 phone won't/can't sent to it.
When you sent the contact, it comes back with connection failed or something like that.

Just found my last phone (Sony Ericsson K750), wacked the sim card into it and it sends to the head unit quite happily.
Unfortunately I can't send the whole phonebook though, so its one by one.
However, I have for example groupings (if thats the right word) on contacts i.e. Work, Home & Mobile in the same contact and it at least sends all 3 - clever I thought!

Just hope that when I start using the old phone again that it displays all these things when someone calls.
Although I reckon that its not relying on the phone, just its own phonebook.

Super piece of kit the KCA-BT100.

Shaun

Bartop 24 November 2006 09:02 PM

I think you'll find it will lose the contacts as it seems to link the HU address book to the phone that sent it. Would like to confirm if that's the case though..

rb5 286 24 November 2006 09:34 PM

the bluetooth has stopped working!!!!

cant understand whats wrong, only guess is the unit is fooked as the ipod unit is connected to the b/t unit and that still works ok so nought wrong with connections

mystic_magic 25 November 2006 06:36 PM

Thanks

I bought one this week.

Its £79.99 from an ebay shop. and its TOTALLY awesome with my Nokia N73.. got all the phone book on it and everything SO SO glad i didnt go the nokia handsfree route. Sent all 200 phone numbers in about 8 seconds.

Over the moon with it.

rb5 286 26 November 2006 03:34 PM

i reset the headunit and everything is back up and running via the bluetooth again :D

urban 04 December 2006 12:33 PM

I think you'll find it will lose the contacts as it seems to link the HU address book to the phone that sent it. Would like to confirm if that's the case though..

Bartop,

Yes, that it the case unfortunately.

Back to using the samsung D500 again, and all the contacts I'd sent to the unit using an old sony ericsson are gone.
So it does store them by reference to the phone - which makes sense I suppose.

Shaun