ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Scum! (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/520003-scum.html)

Summers 02 June 2006 05:36 AM

Scum!

Good morning,

Well it was until 4.15 this morning. I was woken up by my wife, to the noises of a couple of little W***ers trying to break into my house. We have two scoobies on the drive, and I think they were trying to get the keys. Thank god we woke up and just awaiting for the local police station to open and see if they want to come round!!

I wish I had got hold of them, could have shown them my golf swing!;)

Rant over

Summers

cookstar 02 June 2006 06:47 AM

sorry to hear that mate :(

could have been worse

Summers 02 June 2006 07:40 AM

Could have been mate. Thanks for the message.

scoobfan 02 June 2006 07:54 AM

It's situations like this that a dog becomes the ultimate deterant.

No one take any notice of an alarm anymore, but a snarling dog with a mouth full of sharp teeth, now thats different.

As a couple of yobs found out when confronted by my bull terrier :D

Rob

Johnny E 02 June 2006 08:01 AM

Sorry to here that mate,i think its been a bad night,one fella had his Scooby nicked and now this.

I fitted a outside security system and if any walks around our house it lets me know so I have a chance to get them before they do any damage.

Also it wakes the dog up and he hates been woken in the middle of the night.

Summers 02 June 2006 08:15 AM

Thanks for the messages guys, I am now thinking a Dog could be the way to go. :) Just glad they didn't get in as it could have been much worse.

Summers

[Davey] 02 June 2006 08:19 AM

You're lucky they didnt get in!

Where do you keep your keys? I assume you don't leave them down stairs?

The number of people I know who leave their keys down stairs (and most next to the bloody door!) is unbelievable!

If someone wants our cars they have to go through me and a Beretta first.

scoobfan 02 June 2006 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by [Davey]

The number of people I know who leave their keys down stairs (and most next to the bloody door!) is unbelievable!

Not eveyone is confrontational Davey,

Some people would much rather they take the keys and go, leaving them and their family unharmed.

Just remember, they may also be carrying !!

Rob

girl-in-a-scoob 02 June 2006 08:29 AM

Time to buy a BIG dog me thinks...

Summers 02 June 2006 08:29 AM

Hi mate, Our keys are never left downstairs. Always put away. I have a trusty set of golf clubs which I would use first.

Adz Turbo 02 June 2006 08:29 AM

Sorry to here that mate! Glad it wasnt any worse!!

Originally Posted by scoobfan
It's situations like this that a dog becomes the ultimate deterant.

I would have said that and if they get past the dog there is always the lovely baseball bat that there face could meet!!

alwong 02 June 2006 08:34 AM

Bloody a*sehole thieves who couldn't get a real job cos they were brought up as a*sewipes!!

Just think the person breaking in is probably also being funded by you through your taxes. I think you should wait outside the post office on monday morning's when he goes to cash his unemployment benfit!!

Summers 02 June 2006 08:41 AM

Thoughts like that have crossed my mind mate. Just winds me up that people work so hard for something and some sh*t bag thinks it's all ok to come a take it away.

New_scooby_04 02 June 2006 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by Summers
Good morning,

FOUR!!!!!! :D

I'm glad they didn't get in and that you're ok!
Hope the scum get what's coming to them!
Ns04

BlueSimon 02 June 2006 09:13 AM

The irony is that the people who get us off our motoring offences also keep this lot on the streets too.

Simon

SamUK 02 June 2006 09:17 AM

Thanks for the messages guys, I am now thinking a Dog could be the way to go. :) Just glad they didn't get in as it could have been much worse.

Summers

For when you sell the scoob, you can offer the dog for free as a a second security measure ;)

RoadrunnerV2 02 June 2006 09:20 AM

Did they do much damage in trying to break into your house?

Always a good time to check how you could improve security on your house - Flood lights, IP Cameras etc.

[Davey] 02 June 2006 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by scoobfan
Not eveyone is confrontational Davey,

Some people would much rather they take the keys and go, leaving them and their family unharmed.

Just remember, they may also be carrying !!

Rob

You have to also realise that 99% of thieves are opportunists and will bugger off as soon as they realise there are no keys to be found easily. Is it worth jeopardising your insurance over that 1% chance?

GazTheHat 02 June 2006 09:29 AM

Good morning,

Well it was until 4.15 this morning. I was woken up by my wife, to the noises of a couple of little W***ers trying to break into my house. We have two scoobies on the drive, and I think they were trying to get the keys. Thank god we woke up and just awaiting for the local police station to open and see if they want to come round!!

Rant over

Summers

What a nightmare!

That's the way it seems to be going. These sh!ts are breaking into the houses to get keys, save trying to disarm the car etc...

Time to hide the keys...

roar 02 June 2006 01:21 PM

good for nothing sh1t bags

its good they didnt get yours. the asswipes got away with dalthegooners last night, the good for nothing scumsuckers have nothing better to do.
so gutting

simpsons ! 02 June 2006 01:36 PM

Personally i'd rather leave the keys downstairs that way they don't have to wake me and the girlfriend up threatening to hurt someone till the keys are handed over !

And as for the Beretta i hope it's locked up in a suitable cabinet ;) I'm a Browning man myself:luxhello:

pimmo2000 02 June 2006 01:41 PM

My keys are behind two locked doors and me :)

I think me working nights is the only reason my car is still here! I'm just waiting for someone to damage it, I know it's gonna happen someday

Glad to hear they didnt get in

SamUK 02 June 2006 02:06 PM

Yea i dnt have keys its all eletronic...so dnt bother breaking my door down.. ;)

JTaylor 02 June 2006 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by girl-in-a-scoob
Time to buy a BIG dog me thinks...

Good idea; but I find their saddles slip. :rolleyes:

bpm1588 02 June 2006 02:14 PM

get your self a kerry blue mate!

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g2...n/molly002.jpg

LiamWR1(2) 02 June 2006 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by bpm1588

It's feckin 'spit the dog' :eek: :eek: :eek:

[Davey] 02 June 2006 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by simpsons !
And as for the Beretta i hope it's locked up in a suitable cabinet ;) I'm a Browning man myself:luxhello:

Lets just say its easily accessible but not to a point that anyone can get hold of it.

misty 02 June 2006 02:55 PM

This what you need mate!!!!!!

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/0...n/DSCF0006.jpg
dave:D

JTaylor 02 June 2006 02:56 PM

Lets just say its easily accessible but not to a point that anyone can get hold of it.

:wonder:

tay05 02 June 2006 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by misty
This what you need mate!!!!!!

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/0...n/DSCF0006.jpg
dave:D

This is who guards my scoob, his names Simba, he weighs 6 stone and likes a good rumble!! :Suspiciou