ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Wales (https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/)
-   -   WTF rogue Gatso in Cardiff (https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/519700-wtf-rogue-gatso-in-cardiff.html)

WRXewl 31 May 2006 09:47 PM

WTF rogue Gatso in Cardiff

Stuck to the speed limit whilst on a nice drive to go and get some Tesco 99 went from 40 to 30 no problem and could see a Gatso flashing cars ahead. I slowed to 25mph yes 5mph UNDER the speed limit and it goes off :wonder:

Its on the strech where there are multiple Gatsos one after the other coming in from J32.

Scudy23 31 May 2006 10:11 PM

May seem a dumb question , but whats a Gatsos

flopsy 31 May 2006 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by Scudy23
May seem a dumb question , but whats a Gatsos

where the hell do you live, never heard of a gatso i'm moving there.:lol:
chris.:D

Scudy23 31 May 2006 10:18 PM

In the valleys boyo

Still what are they ?......Lol

turboDean 31 May 2006 10:23 PM

Gatso - is one of the yellow stationary type speed cameras.

The one i Oakdale was replaced not long ago and someone has burnt it already, best thing for them, i'll try and get a pic of it to post.

flopsy 31 May 2006 10:27 PM

i have seen one, not to far away thet had a tyre put around
it and set on fire, bloody hate them:mad: lazy rozzers should
get of there arse's and catch people the old fashioned way,
hiding in a layby:lol1:
chris.

Scudy23 31 May 2006 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by turboDean

The one i Oakdale was replaced not long ago and someone has burnt it already, best thing for them, i'll try and get a pic of it to post.

Ar right, never heared them called that:wonder:

ZippyLane 31 May 2006 11:53 PM

What happens is when a car in the opposite lane is going a bit fast, it sets it off.. I do it on purpose in the ambulance when on an emergency to freak other drivers out.. :)

The Trooper 1815 01 June 2006 08:10 AM

If you leave Cardiff up North Road past Aston/Lotus Garage and Currys, feather the loud pedal and FLASH goes the camera on the otherside. :thumb:
Like Zippy said freaks other drivers.........but fun. Particularly good when it's dark and wet.

MikeCardiff 01 June 2006 09:05 AM

The one by the Lotus garage is dodgy as well, have seen that go off on its own with no cars passing either way ????

ZippyLane 01 June 2006 09:25 AM

It's picking up cars in stealth mode... :)

MikeCardiff 01 June 2006 05:24 PM

Nah, I reckon its just set to randomly go off every 30 seconds if it hasnt caught enough people in the past few days in the hope it makes them a few quid.

tay05 01 June 2006 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by ZippyLane
What happens is when a car in the opposite lane is going a bit fast, it sets it off.. I do it on purpose in the ambulance when on an emergency to freak other drivers out.. :)

Bloody EMS drivers! :lol1: Had to stop half way through a red light in Bristol yesterday to let an ambulance through while i was in the lorry. Was shatting myself incase the trailer set off the jump the light camera. This happened to one of our other drivers and when he phoned to explain they didn't want to know and still fined him £60 with 3 points....B*STARDS!!! :mad:

ZippyLane 02 June 2006 01:15 PM

Ooopss.. wouldn't happen here, of course I couldn't possibly comment about my colleagues over the border.. :norty:

Group Captain Smudger 02 June 2006 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by flopsy
i have seen one, not to far away thet had a tyre put around
it and set on fire, bloody hate them:mad: lazy rozzers should
get of there arse's and catch people the old fashioned way,
hiding in a layby:lol1:
chris.

I like it. Look on the ABD website (I think that's the one) and see the photos of the "customised" ones. Always brings a smile to my boat.

The Trooper 1815 03 June 2006 07:47 PM

Don't get caught stealing. The government hate competition!!!!:thumb: :D

Dave uk blue mica 04 June 2006 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by turboDean

the one in Oakdale was burnt out the same night as it was put there!!

turboDean 10 June 2006 04:49 PM

How Gatso's should look (picture taken with my new phone, nokia N80):
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...ean/speedC.jpg