ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   clutch/gear box advise needed... (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/518301-clutch-gear-box-advise-needed.html)

sarasquares 26 May 2006 01:46 PM

clutch/gear box advise needed...

i am expecting to convert my classic to a turbo later this year, but my clutch is now slipping, obviousley i dont want to replace the clutch now only to have to change it anyway when i do the conversion....

...so can i replace the clutch with one for a turbo before i change the engine to save money or what??? i dont know much about cars so please be gentle with me:thumb:

New_scooby_04 26 May 2006 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by sarasquares
i am expecting to convert my classic to a turbo later this year, but my clutch is now slipping, obviousley i dont want to replace the clutch now only to have to change it anyway when i do the conversion....

...so can i replace the clutch with one for a turbo before i change the engine to save money or what??? i dont know much about cars so please be gentle with me:thumb:

I don't know if the clutches are the same size, but I know a man who will

David at Api- give him a bell! :thumb:

Ns04

Peanuts 26 May 2006 03:49 PM

I dont have the answer to hand but if you look back at your last thread about the conversion, breath, there was a detailed response about the clutch types being different.
so, no is the short answer although Im prepared to be put in my place by someone more knowledgable

sarasquares 26 May 2006 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Peanuts
I dont have the answer to hand but if you look back at your last thread about the conversion, breath, there was a detailed response about the clutch types being different.
so, no is the short answer although Im prepared to be put in my place by someone more knowledgable

i was going to revive the thread but as i needed a specefic(sp) answer i was hoping i might find out here......i will have a looky :D

Gridlock Mikey 26 May 2006 04:31 PM

*Forearm smash* For the spelling of specific :mad: My women HAVE to be able to spell :p You're fired :mad:

sarasquares 26 May 2006 05:22 PM

i resigned num-nut :p

Peanuts 26 May 2006 06:53 PM

numb

sarasquares 26 May 2006 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Peanuts
numb

he's got a bit missing :p

andy97 26 May 2006 07:33 PM

Wouldnt it be cheaper to buy a turbo model instead of converting? There is not only the engine but drive train and braking system to consider. There are still some good quality used turbo models around

sarasquares 26 May 2006 09:10 PM

nope, my mind is made up:D

ive just been quoted £170 for a complete clutch for my car, i dont know if this is a good price or not, if anyone could find a cheeper one, used is ok i would appreciate it
i have a classic MY01 sport special :thumb: