ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Sweet Smell ???? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/518200-sweet-smell.html)

pslewis 26 May 2006 12:13 AM

Sweet Smell ????

Been to watch England tonight ......

Came home on a spirited country lane drive - not like me at all, doing such speeds in the dark through leafy empty lanes :eek:

Anyway, stopped at home and the smell was weird - that smell you get when the Exhaust is new - any ideas???

I'm not too worried as it ran well and my CockLink showed no activity (that bit was a JOKE!) ;)

Pete

Red Rocket 11166 26 May 2006 12:17 AM

It might be your A$$. :D

Oldfella 26 May 2006 12:17 AM

Newness wearing in sir :) Common fault on Subaru's

AVI-8 26 May 2006 12:38 AM

Dont worry pete they all make that smell the first time they are taken over 3000 rpm.

I presume you had to use your brakes once or twice as well, at least your pads wont be quite so glased up now.

GC8 26 May 2006 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by pslewis

I'm not too worried as it ran well and my CockLink showed no activity (that bit was a JOKE!) ;)

Pete

When did your Cocklink last see any activity at all, you old duffer?

anthscooby01 26 May 2006 12:50 AM

Clutch or brakes! Or both! I do NOT condone 'spirited driving' Anyone that drives fast in a Scoob should have their license incinirated!!! 30mph is the only sensible speed even on a motorway (in reverse!!)

StudentScooby 26 May 2006 01:01 AM

I suspect the brakes, you would need to launch to get the clutch smell

Foot_Tapper 26 May 2006 09:03 AM

Was it an oily smell ????

sienar33 26 May 2006 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Red Rocket 11166
It might be your A$$. :D

What day are your pants on?

I always get that smell on day 4

Gary C 26 May 2006 09:05 AM

The sweet (slightly sickly) smell is often antifreeze, looks like you have a leak.

But as god who knows everything about anything, you already know that.

alloy 26 May 2006 09:08 AM

Thats the smell of normality pete :thumb: . At last confirmation you're not all about zimmer frames, soup and grand daddy nappies :D

sienar33 26 May 2006 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by Foot_Tapper
Was it an oily smell ????

Yeah, don't wanna be using cheap oil, that's just silly.

;)

Ray_li 26 May 2006 09:14 AM

that would be the sweet smell of sex whilst you was out and the wife was at home :norty:

MikeCardiff 26 May 2006 09:18 AM

Nah, its the smell of the transformer you use for your baddazz under body neons overheating. My bet would be that you are just running too many pimp accessories for the transformer rating.

jaytc2003 26 May 2006 10:30 AM

cat converter fooked (assuming you haven't decatted).
This can happen if you use the car for about 60,000 miles without going over 3250 rpm. What happens is because the cat has basically "learnt" the max flow that it has been getting from the highest revs given, anything more just blows it to pieces so effectively becoming a decat.
You need to take note of the following points.

1:- Inform your insurance of this immediately, as you are in effect now uninsured.
2:- Fit a Knocklink or equivalent, to monitor the engine.
3:- You are now probably also breaking the law by your emmisions exceeding specifications for your vehicle, thus contributing to the green house effect. That explains why it was pi$$ing it down this morning. Hopefully the damage won't be permanent.
4:- Expect to now change your brake pads as the increase in performance will soon have the studs rubbing against your discs. Act now to prevent disc replacment and total brake seizure.
5:- Check your tyres as well, the rubber wont have been cured correctly due to lack of speed/revs previously thus resulting in an extremely soft compound. You will probably find chunks now missing (unless your pussy is called chunks and it is sat at home)

6:- Be prepared for abuse, to be called a "chav", remember, you have joined the modding community now

GC8 26 May 2006 10:38 AM

It's the sweet-smell of incontinence Peter!

SirFozzalot 26 May 2006 10:47 AM

:lol1:

Mother Theresa 26 May 2006 10:51 AM

You're old I'm told. Maybe you've become diabetic?

bgood 26 May 2006 11:27 AM

Could it have been the sweet smell of Werthers Originals Pete, perhaps you left them a bit too near the heater vent :D

sienar33 26 May 2006 01:05 PM

Lavender and moth balls?

fitzscoob 26 May 2006 01:10 PM

gangrene?

pslewis 26 May 2006 01:30 PM

Wasn't an oily smell at all ...... as I said it was that smell you get when the paint burns off your new exhaust :eek:

I'm not worried as the car runs really well ...... and I haven't driven that spirited for years and years - it was actually good fun!! ;) ;)

Pete

GrahamG 26 May 2006 01:41 PM

Is this the first time the Turbo has cut in????

kin quick 26 May 2006 01:42 PM

Plastic protective coating burning off 3rd gear?? :p

pslewis 26 May 2006 01:45 PM

As I pulled up to the door at home I stalled the engine :( :(

I was looking to let her run and cool down for a few minutes :( :(

Have I destroyed it?? :( Would a CockLink have helped it not stall?? Do I need a re-map?? Should I insist on a Geek with DetCans?? :( :(

Oh, god, now I've done it, I need a re-build .... who can you recommend??!! :( :(

I seriously think I had that Heatsoak problem AND I reckon I've got Bore Wash :eek:

Good job I don't have a Water Spray - I don't think I could have handled the HUGE increase in power that gives :eek:

Pete

Graz 26 May 2006 01:58 PM

Same sh*t different day :rolleyes:

Is this the best you can do Pete? :p Your wind ups are getting a bit too predictable.

ben44 26 May 2006 01:59 PM

Sweep stake on what day he gets his NIP through the post anyone?:p

SirFozzalot 26 May 2006 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis
As I pulled up to the door at home I stalled the engine :( :(

I was looking to let her run and cool down for a few minutes :( :(

Have I destroyed it?? :( Would a CockLink have helped it not stall?? Do I need a re-map?? Should I insist on a Geek with DetCans?? :( :(

Oh, god, now I've done it, I need a re-build .... who can you recommend??!! :( :(

I seriously think I had that Heatsoak problem AND I reckon I've got Bore Wash :eek:

Good job I don't have a Water Spray - I don't think I could have handled the HUGE increase in power that gives :eek:

Pete

:lol:

Sorry...I know I shouldn't encourage him, but it made me laugh!! :lol1:

pippyrips 26 May 2006 02:16 PM

brilliant!

dmc1980 26 May 2006 02:31 PM

i was going to say the spirited driving probably got him turned on, but hes that old his cock probably dosent work!

proud of you pete, go do it again!