ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   How much is this Subaru worth? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/518042-how-much-is-this-subaru-worth.html)

vava voom 25 May 2006 02:33 PM

How much is this Subaru worth?

Hello, best mate is looking at buying the below car....minus the tail pipes:lol:

Can you guys give me a rough price on what should be a good price? thanks :notworthy

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...B%2B%26fvi%3D1

Few things i have warned him about: Nitrous used and the miles are very low for that year:wonder:

StudentScooby 25 May 2006 02:56 PM

Depends whats wrong with it.

s3emo123 25 May 2006 03:15 PM

:wonder: Not bad price but would be carefull it seems to have alot of mods that conflict with each other if you want my advise buy standard & mod it yourself :nono: :nono:

Petem95 25 May 2006 03:20 PM

Your mate will be the chav-king in that!!!

Must admit I was laughing away until I spotted the nitrous bit... 330bhp with nitrous would be fun :)

No way its worth anywhere near £4800 however, nitrous or not.

stilover 25 May 2006 03:33 PM

Looks a Dog to me. Interior ICE looks sh1te. Exterior looks worse. I'd stay well clear if I was your mate.
As said above, get him to buy standard and mod it suitably himself.

I'd also hate to have to explain every mod it's got to the insurance company. You'd be on all day to them.

scoobysmiff 25 May 2006 03:45 PM

the perfect car for a certain Mr Lewis me thinks :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

homerjay 25 May 2006 04:10 PM

why anyone would want to buy such a ruined example of a very nice car is beyond me...

Luke-Avfc 25 May 2006 04:10 PM

Personally its not for me id go with the rest & buy a std one or one with sensible mods "de-cat, re-map etc". In fairness someone has spent a lot of money on that car & is trying to recoupe it. Its well OTT for some but your mate obviously likes it so my advice would be to go and view it & see for yourself. Judging by the mods & the apperance of the car id say its seen a fair few Macdonalds car parks & used hard :Suspiciou . Id price this car at around £3500. As for the mileage most imports show low mileage some are genuine some are not so overall condition is the biggest giveaway. :)

silverstrike 25 May 2006 05:55 PM

looks like he robbed comet of a mini hifi, and stuck it in the scoob!!!!!!

and why the hell did he stick gauges on the other side of the car???

GC8 25 May 2006 06:41 PM

A fool and his money..........

Gridlock Mikey 25 May 2006 06:46 PM

Looks like a STi6 spoiler to me. £4,800 seems ok. Get the car checked before you buy it, mechanically I mean, give him a list of faults and then part with about £3k. Spend about £1k sorting it out and hey presto :D

~DrEaM~ 25 May 2006 07:43 PM

without thinkin it looks chaved up... i think it worth around 4k... you def. need a new exhaust and bin the neons :D

leonpoole 25 May 2006 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by scoobysmiff
the perfect car for a certain Mr Lewis me thinks :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

Your right. I hate to say it but Mr Lewis' theory is correct on this occasion. He has spent quite a bit of cash modding the car and in my eyes has made it look worse and i would imagine will be harder to sell on because of it.
It looks like the scooby we all know and love:Suspiciou.
The scooby that we all see doing stupid speeds through build up/resedential area's, driving up the arse of any other car that is even slightly fast, thrashed everywhere from the minute the key is turned and generaly driving like a nob. Its the scooby driver you here on scoobynet all to often, driving the tired old chaved up classic that gives the good scooby drivers a bad name

pslewis 25 May 2006 11:56 PM

Polished Chavvie Turd .....

Pete

deco c 25 May 2006 11:58 PM

as the great paul daniels would say "NOT A LOT" :):):)

leonpoole 25 May 2006 11:59 PM

Tell your mate not to buy that. Go and look for a more standard looking scooby. Most scoobs have engine mods which wouldn't put me off buying, but a car that looks like that says to me chav mobile with a thrashed engine. I maybe wrong but thats the impression the car gives me from its looks

leonpoole 26 May 2006 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by pslewis
Polished Chavvie Turd .....

Pete

Bet your feeling pretty smug now pete...
Where's the i told you so ? ;)

Bubba po 26 May 2006 12:08 AM

£1000. Reluctantly.

pslewis 26 May 2006 12:10 AM

WHY do people even THINK about buying such utter crap????

I can only think that the young teens are easily swayed by tat???

Pete

StudentScooby 26 May 2006 12:14 AM

Yep we love it...

pslewis 26 May 2006 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by StudentScooby
Yep we love it...

Thank god that you can't afford them!!! :thumb:

Carry on the make-believe on the PS!! :D

Pete

StudentScooby 26 May 2006 12:22 AM

RB5 138 is mine, sorry....

pslewis 26 May 2006 12:23 AM

RB5 138 is mine, sorry....

Oh my GOD ......... the end of the line for such a great car :(

In the hands of children :(

Pete

leonpoole 26 May 2006 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by pslewis
Oh my GOD ......... the end of the line for such a great car :(

In the hands of children :(

Pete

Unfortunatley pete thats the fate of most cars once they enter the cheap price bracket

StudentScooby 26 May 2006 12:30 AM

Thats how the cookie crumbles.... But she is in good hands!

GC8 26 May 2006 12:31 AM

He mightnt be so young Pete; I went to university as a mature student. I could barely pay my mortgage though, let alone run an expensive car; which I had to leave on the drive.....

Simon

StudentScooby 26 May 2006 12:38 AM

Wish i was a child but sadly i've grown up and while doing so wasted over 50,000 on cars...

RA Dunk 26 May 2006 12:39 AM

two 5 1/2" tail pipes WTF is all that about?

StudentScooby 26 May 2006 12:41 AM

Not sure bit OTT one 5" is my taste limit.

leonpoole 26 May 2006 12:49 AM

Wish i was a child but sadly i've grown up and while doing so wasted over 50,000 on cars...

how long is that over ? wish i could say the same since ive been buying cars. Ive lost 22,000 on 3 scoobys a clio 172 and a r33 gtr over the last 2 years. I dont want to think about what i have lost in total. It would sicken me what i could of bought in the first place rather than losing ££££'s changing car every so many month and losing even more modding them