ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Scooby Sprint Championship / ScoobyLive (https://www.scoobynet.com/scooby-sprint-championship-scoobylive-421/)
-   -   Massive thanks to the scrutineer today. (https://www.scoobynet.com/scooby-sprint-championship-scoobylive-421/517083-massive-thanks-to-the-scrutineer-today.html)

DannyBoyTurbo 21 May 2006 10:32 PM

Massive thanks to the scrutineer today.

Just wanted to say thanks to Paul (I think that was his name) for not letting me out this morning.

For those that I didn't ask to borrow some wheels...

The scrutineer wouldn't let my (admitedly rather bald) track tyres on so I had to buy some new wheels and tyres from someone up there (many thanks Andy Bell).

Although cursing it at the time (when it was dry and sunny) after my first run in the wet I realised what a complete muppet I had been and as to confirm this there was Bobs unfortunate incident.

I wouldn't have stood a chance in that much water.

Chris, if you see him again soon please pass on my thanks.

Andy.F 21 May 2006 10:35 PM

You mean you didn't have any spares in "the garage" ;)

Neilo 21 May 2006 10:45 PM

i was also very happy to find out that the 3.5" APS was still only 95db :D

DannyBoyTurbo 21 May 2006 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by Andy.F
You mean you didn't have any spares in "the garage" ;)

Unfortunatly the wife took a shine to "the garage" and didn't want the carpet getting dirty :(

Its a bit of state in there now though ;)

johnfelstead 21 May 2006 11:56 PM

Nice post Danny! :thumb:

Thanks to everyone involved in the event running today, a top job done in some horible weather.

Fuzz 22 May 2006 12:29 AM

Thanks to Shaun for organising things and everyone else involved putting it together.
Parking attendant wasn't taking any **** either I see. :lol1:

apart from wet feet, a good day had. :thumb:

Andy

stockcar 22 May 2006 08:12 AM

only wet feet Andy, your not trying hard enough...........................

with the car not ready and a bright and sunny start (Newcastle) i decided to travel down on one of the bikes...............was perfect until York when it started to drizzle.................

after a hour or so ride home the water had managed to find itself everywhere!!

alyn

alanbell 22 May 2006 09:04 AM

Your welcome danny,:cool:

chrisT.O.T.B. 22 May 2006 12:26 PM

cheers for above, very difficult day with the weather, and i hope people can give thanks to all the crew from straightliners, totb, scoobynet etc who withstood the weather all day to put on the event!

many thanks to all competitors and spectators also, for being great sports, and for a great day

white knight 22 May 2006 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by DannyBoyTurbo
Just wanted to say thanks to Paul (I think that was his name) for not letting me out this morning.

For those that I didn't ask to borrow some wheels...

The scrutineer wouldn't let my (admitedly rather bald) track tyres on so I had to buy some new wheels and tyres from someone up there (many thanks Andy Bell).

Although cursing it at the time (when it was dry and sunny) after my first run in the wet I realised what a complete muppet I had been and as to confirm this there was Bobs unfortunate incident.

I wouldn't have stood a chance in that much water.

Chris, if you see him again soon please pass on my thanks.

I'm just glad you didn't tell me your rear tyres were shot *before* I followed you up the A1 - I'd have been a lot more nervous!;) :lol1: