ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Was it you? (https://www.scoobynet.com/was-it-you-9/)
-   -   New Shape Owners are arrogant? (https://www.scoobynet.com/was-it-you-9/514920-new-shape-owners-are-arrogant.html)

scoobysingh20 13 May 2006 12:59 AM

New Shape Owners are arrogant?

Hi lads

Here we go with a bit of banter…..:norty:

I have a classic shape Scooby and when I see other classic shaped Scooby’s the majority of the drivers give some form of acknowledgment be it a thumbs up or a flash (of the lights, lol).

I think I might be a bit paranoid but I have noticed that the new shape Scooby owners don’t give any form of acknowledgment. Its almost as if they look down on us classic shaped owners. :Whatever_

Any other classic shaped owner’s experienced this? lol ;)

bootsy 13 May 2006 01:07 AM

some do but mostly classic i wave to all i see .get some funny looks

corradoboy 13 May 2006 02:34 AM

New-age owner and a waver http://www.lancer-evo.net/community/.../haysmiley.gif

Clazza 13 May 2006 04:06 AM

Originally Posted by corradoboy

Classic owner and waver! :norty: :lol1:

Nick_Cat 13 May 2006 09:26 AM

Classic owner and always a waver.

I think that many of the owner's of new scoobies, i.e. 1-2 yrs old, haven't really got into the whole Scooby thing. They've bought the car because it's a reasonably priced, high performance car etc, but next year they'll have a beemer or an audi. Hence they don't have the attachment to the marque and the enthusiasm that it brings with it, so they aren't going to be waving. In fact some look decidedly annoyed.

Nick

monotokpoint 13 May 2006 09:37 AM

easy chaps, dont make sweeping statements! i've found i wave to lots of other scoobys from my new myo6, and dont get waves back! now the scoobs getting on a bit, i think ppl that buy new age ones get it just as much - i could easily have bought a much newer designed, better built, better specced golf gti for the same money - but i get the scooby thing so didnt...don't start segregating us!

TonyBurns 13 May 2006 09:56 AM

New age owner and I find that more classic owners dont wave :( mainly because they are young and dont understand the scooby way of life, but this happens to all cars, no doubt if i waved to another 306 owner when im out in my 306 DT i would get funny looks :p

Tony

Nick_Cat 13 May 2006 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by monotokpoint
easy chaps, dont make sweeping statements! i've found i wave to lots of other scoobys from my new myo6, and dont get waves back! now the scoobs getting on a bit, i think ppl that buy new age ones get it just as much - i could easily have bought a much newer designed, better built, better specced golf gti for the same money - but i get the scooby thing so didnt...don't start segregating us!

I admit it, it's difficult not to make generalisations on a topic like this. You go with your own experiences and mine, based on driving mainly in the south, is that classic owners are more likely to wave (even in Southampton:lol1: )
But at the end of the day, it's only a bit of fun ain't it:)

Nick

Tuts 13 May 2006 12:05 PM

based on driving mainly in the south
See I knew it was friendlier up north :D.

Certainly round my way most scoobs wave, new age and classic.

Stainy 13 May 2006 12:12 PM

Newage owner and I do look down on you classic peeps :hjtwofing

That's for all the "classics are better" comments:D

EVOLUTION 13 May 2006 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Stainy

PMSL

I find more classic owners are the ignorant ones when i acknowlage them, but i put that down to an inferiority complex on there part:thumb:

john

scooby-tc 13 May 2006 01:05 PM

probably because the newage owners are under some strange illusion that their cars are superior,bless em i wouldnt worry about it just wave at classics :thumb:

wolfie28 13 May 2006 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by corradoboy

Me too ^^^(bugeye owner), however i agree with Nick_Cat's point. WR1 owners I've waved at tend to ignore :(.

Just a bit of fun though but you do feel a tw*t when they don't wave back.

Wolfie.

bootsy 13 May 2006 01:12 PM

to true:lol:

mikey5T 13 May 2006 03:07 PM

WR1 owners I've waved at tend to ignore :(.
I'm a WR1 owner and I wave at all scoobies I see. I will generally get 1 wave back from every 3 scoobs though.

Mike:D :D :D

scoobyboy1 13 May 2006 03:11 PM

Im a newage owner, and I always wave, I waved at some lad the otherday in a L-reg classic, and he gave me a right dirty look!:Whatever_ and same goes to the guy in the 2006 WRX!:hjtwofing

scoobysingh20 13 May 2006 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Stainy

thats the kind of arrogant attitude im tlaking about which makes me think that all new age drivers have sumthing stuck up there bums haha :lol1: :p :p

scoobysingh20 13 May 2006 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by TonyBurns
New age owner and I find that more classic owners dont wave :( mainly because they are young and dont understand the scooby way of life, but this happens to all cars, no doubt if i waved to another 306 owner when im out in my 306 DT i would get funny looks :p

Tony

I think i have perfected the art of waving... without making yourself look like a nutter lol

I usually look at the other scooby driver going past (from a couple of metres away), i look into there eyes and if they look friendly or if it looks like they will wave .... i flash my lights. If then they do wave i give another wave back. lol :lol:

cookstar 13 May 2006 07:57 PM

I wave at all scooby drivers, yes EVEN classic :)

Turbohot 13 May 2006 08:07 PM

One thing I must say,you have a great username,scoobysingh20!:lol1:
Welcome to this mad world:D

I have a classic and yes,I have felt that new age owners thing that the classic owners are a bit beneath them. IMO new age looks inferior in front of classic( interior in new age is better,of couse).Classic looks far better,compact and faster:D and echos the days when scooby was a world rally champ.
New age looks as if it had eaten too much food and ignored the figure.And that's why it has gone fat and out of shape!

And,the lights etc. on the new age are absolutely terrible!
:D

uk.steve 13 May 2006 08:13 PM

newage and always wave no matter what type of scooby, 1 classic and 1 wrx blobeye and 1 sti blobeye didnt wave back today(M.K area) :-( but at least 1 blobeye return the favour ;-)

F1 CJE UK 13 May 2006 08:37 PM

o6 WRX and always a waver

cookstar 13 May 2006 08:57 PM

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Originally Posted by Turbohot
One thing I must say,you have a great username,scoobysingh20!:lol1:
Welcome to this mad world:D

I have a classic and yes,I have felt that new age owners thing that the classic owners are a bit beneath them. IMO new age looks inferior in front of classic( interior in new age is better,of couse).Classic looks far better,compact and faster:D and echos the days when scooby was a world rally champ.
New age looks as if it had eaten too much food and ignored the figure.And that's why it has gone fat and out of shape!

And,the lights etc. on the new age are absolutely terrible!
:D

darren... 13 May 2006 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Turbohot
IMO new age looks inferior in front of classic( interior in new age is better,of couse).

Now it's exactly this kind of comment that is the reason why I only give a two finger wave to classic drivers!!!! :mad:

New age driver and compulsive waver :lol1:

Woody1 13 May 2006 09:31 PM

Well I wave at evo's as well as Imprezas 'cause I'm a really nice guy with a bugeye !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mr incredible 13 May 2006 09:40 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lee247 13 May 2006 10:07 PM

I wave at all Subaru's, don't get many back tho' :(

Luckyscoob 13 May 2006 10:46 PM

Thats a good point. I wave at all impreza drivers, but get confused when faced with a forester or legacy. Never been waved at by one of them but always get a wave from other scoob's. As for not waving at classics, it was them that started this whole thing and to be honest i think they still look every bit as good as my new age.

Martin2005 13 May 2006 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by scoobysingh20
Hi lads

Here we go with a bit of banter…..:norty:

I have a classic shape Scooby and when I see other classic shaped Scooby’s the majority of the drivers give some form of acknowledgment be it a thumbs up or a flash (of the lights, lol).

I think I might be a bit paranoid but I have noticed that the new shape Scooby owners don’t give any form of acknowledgment. Its almost as if they look down on us classic shaped owners. :Whatever_

Any other classic shaped owner’s experienced this? lol ;)

With all the ****e dished out to Newage owners on this site it wouldn't surprise me at all if they didn't acknowledge 'classic' or 'dated' Scooby(as I like to call them:D )drivers.

Anyway I always wave dated car or new, and I find it's a mixed bag in terms of who waves back.

Keep on waving:thumb:

Big-G 13 May 2006 11:10 PM

I waved at 3 Scoobs today, not one reply, just puzzled looks.

Mind you, I was in my Mitsubishi,

(my WRX wagon is dead due to knackered alternator).