ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   BP Ultimate 102.............. (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/514646-bp-ultimate-102-a.html)

skoosh 11 May 2006 09:23 PM

BP Ultimate 102..............

Anyone used it...................?

http://www.bp.com/sectiongenericarti...tentId=7016847

What were the results..................upto 60BHP increase claimed.........!

Si.

NeilP1 11 May 2006 09:25 PM

and over £2 a liter

NeilP1 11 May 2006 09:26 PM

and over £2 a liter

skoosh 11 May 2006 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by NeilP1
and over £2 a liter

According to the website............£2.42 per litre...................!

Luckily not available in staffs area..........;)

Si.

white 11 May 2006 09:37 PM

I don't think this could be used in a car without some mapping going on.

When I was at ADR Motorsport in Chesterfield once I was having a look at their Shell Racing fuel that they stock there as they are the official distributors for this.

Was told that when this sort of octane fuel was put into one of their Evo's the timing had to be advanced by 18degrees to compensate.

Whether or not the VVT system on Scoobs could compensate I am not sure of.

EVOLUTION 11 May 2006 09:39 PM

the gains for using this stuff are way outweighed by the cost

at over £110 per tank, its outrageous. there is no way on earth my car would see a 60bhp gain, wouldnt the car need a specific map on the stuff to see that???

there are far cheaper power mods to be had that will produce better gains

by the time you have used 10 tanks of the stuff, you could have got a TEK3 remap for that price

DesR 11 May 2006 09:50 PM

... or you could add Millers CVL Turbo to Optimax which will increase the octane by 4 RON for about £8. :D

(edited to say RON not points...)

MTayler 12 May 2006 12:14 AM

Spoke to a guy at work about this stuff and as well as telling me that it worked out to about £11 a gallon :eek2: and that it was only being sold at race circuits as a track day fuel. Still got to be bloody rich to use it though !.

Gutmann pug 12 May 2006 07:58 AM

60bhp increase my arse ............

antonm 12 May 2006 08:23 AM

Does the ECU not compenstate for the diffferent fuel on a UK Sti?:wonder: I asked the dealer here in Ireland if I should get her remaped for 95 as its the highest octane we have and he said the ECU will sort it out and there was no need for it.:Whatever_

What if ? 12 May 2006 02:08 PM

it doesn't mention if it has a BioEthanol content in it. If it is over a certain amount it will damage seals etc in the fuel system / injectors. Tesco 99 is below that level, but what is it in this case, if applicable.

Much as I would like to ry it for fun, or to mix with tesco 99 (if that is possible, I'm sure it must be) I won't touch it till I now about BioEthanol levels.

Adam M 12 May 2006 02:13 PM

the legal limit for ethanol in fuel is 5% and tesco 99 ron is at that level. It is perfectly safe for your engine in terms of longevity as it is tested for long term use before it is released.

What if ? 12 May 2006 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Adam M
the legal limit for ethanol in fuel is 5% and tesco 99 ron is at that level. It is perfectly safe for your engine in terms of longevity as it is tested for long term use before it is released.

Didn't realise there was a max legal limit. There was a Subaru statment about use of Bi-Ethanol (not Entanol) and I think it said 15 or 20% was a maximum before it degraded rubber components and warranty would reject any claims.

Peanuts 12 May 2006 02:28 PM

surely the point is not the £110 per tank full, wouldnt you simply have 20 litres in a can for a day at the strip or whatever?
Not run on it all the time.

scoobfan 12 May 2006 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by NeilP1
and over £2 a liter

Thats cheap mate !, I payed over £15 for just one cat.:D

Rob

GazTheHat 12 May 2006 04:06 PM

:lol: