ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Opinions on scooby's (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/513665-opinions-on-scoobys.html)

KENSHIRO 08 May 2006 12:58 AM

Opinions on scooby's

Ok something different and i hope its never done before here goes.......

imagine that all imprezas didnt make that addictive flat 4 burble and that it only kicked out say ...170bhp (basically a boring saloon with a clattery engine) would you still buy one on looks alone

possibly a stupid thought on my part but i just wanted to find out whether looks come second and performance and noise come first

for me its the noise that got me hooked:cool:

(thats why i bought a knackered one :cry: )

ACTUALLY SCOOBYS ARE S**t MY CYLINDER HEAD HAS NOW BLOWN :( :(

adeel.a 08 May 2006 01:01 AM

Why is yours knackered... what's wrong with it... ???

Tidgy 08 May 2006 01:01 AM

noise and performance for me, although having said that, when ever i drive another car i always miss the bulge in the middle of the bonet :D:D:D lol

KENSHIRO 08 May 2006 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by adeel.a
Why is yours knackered... what's wrong with it... ???

possible cylinder head gone 1 week after i bought it .....will know more 2moz when i change the thermostat:Suspiciou

corradoboy 08 May 2006 01:08 AM

I've always held the opinion that they are what they are, an average looking four door Jap saloon with contentious performance related cosmetic adornments. The performance and driving experience wins you over and endears you to the looks. It's a bit like Michael Hutchence dumping Helena Christiensen for Paula Yates. Paula is the Scoob, no looker but probably very satisfying :norty: whereas Helena is more your TT/350Z/RX8, much prettier but ultimately dull beyond the looks.

IMHO.

KENSHIRO 08 May 2006 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by corradoboy
I've always held the opinion that they are what they are, an average looking four door Jap saloon with contentious performance related cosmetic adornments. The performance and driving experience wins you over and endears you to the looks. It's a bit like Michael Hutchence dumping Helena Christiensen for Paula Yates. Paula is the Scoob, no looker but probably very satisfying :norty: whereas Helena is more your TT/350Z/RX8, much prettier but ultimately dull beyond the looks.

IMHO.

superb well said:luxhello:

BedHog 08 May 2006 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by KENSHIRO
would you still buy one on looks alone

Yep, I bought my Bugeye on looks alone :luxhello:

KENSHIRO 08 May 2006 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by BedHog

mmmyea but i bet the performance paid a big part in the decision ?:wonder:

BedHog 08 May 2006 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by KENSHIRO
mmmyea but i bet the performance paid a big part in the decision ?:wonder:

lol a very big part - ever since McRae won the WRC back in 95 I wanted one.

[Davey] 08 May 2006 08:36 AM

I think the Early Classic WRX in standard form looks a bit wank, I mean who on earth designed those wheels and that slap head bonnet with the lazy swage lines?

At the risk of being ridiculed I do quite like the bug eyes.. ok there I said it.. shoot me!

The blob eye is quite a nice looking car, but the new ones just look like a chav'ed up Seat Leon with a boot.

The 22B has got to be the best looking Impreza ever though!

GazTheHat 08 May 2006 01:59 PM

lol a very big part - ever since McRae won the WRC back in 95 I wanted one.

Me too. Not really heard if subaru before that.

When you've seen McRae pilot one in the flesh, the lOOks are a blur, it just noise and speed. If it would've been a ferrari price tag, it would've stayed a dream.

Rally heritage, performance, lOOks, price.

That order, but it's almost a tie between performance & lOOks.

GazTheHat 08 May 2006 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by [Davey]
The 22B has got to be the best looking Impreza ever though!

I couldn't agree more!! :notworthy

Had the chance to get one when launched, wifey even agreed to it, but chose 6m in the alps for winter, 7 years running. :norty:

kingofturds 08 May 2006 02:06 PM

I dont think they are particulary nice looking cars tbh. however the college girls seem to like it:D

brihoppy 08 May 2006 02:19 PM

didnt buy mine based on looks...just wanted another jap 4wd, turbocharged motor that was bit more practical than my celica GT4...

love it to bits...:luxhello:

Paulo P 08 May 2006 02:21 PM

You should have gone to specsavers :D

TI7OJO 08 May 2006 04:07 PM

i think the newage ones are great looking cars with the wide arches, big spoiler and bonnet scoop. :)

Peter Horlock 08 May 2006 04:16 PM

The flat four sounds so good.
Although if they had a V8.......?

wrc350 08 May 2006 07:01 PM

i like the looks but it needs performance as well, for me

ukdave 08 May 2006 07:27 PM

All about driving them for me,dont think mechanically there as strong as i thought they were and to be honest if i`d have looked into it deeper ie been on internet forums etc before i bought one i probably wouldnt have bothered,if youve had a few probs you almost get afraid to nail it for fear of it blowing-never felt like this with any other car ive owned maybe its just the bills with scoobys lol:lol1:

Daniel-S 08 May 2006 07:34 PM

interesting

wormeo 08 May 2006 07:38 PM

wouldnt put up with the hassle and money i spend on maintaining it if i didnt get performance, burble oh and flames:D

pete higham 08 May 2006 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Daniel-S
interesting

what is? :wonder:

Daniel-S 08 May 2006 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by pete higham
what is? :wonder:

Whether people would buy one if it wasn't what it is now

pete higham 08 May 2006 07:56 PM

thats not the question!!!!

ukdave 08 May 2006 08:00 PM

in some respects i suppose it is pete later scoobys are a lot more reliable than the classics.

pete higham 08 May 2006 08:04 PM

what the guy was asking has never existed :wonder:

and if it did we wouldnt be driving them simple as :thumb:

this thread has nothing to do with reliabliaty :)

pete higham 08 May 2006 08:06 PM

and is this the same ukdave that i know from .org :D

Scoob99 08 May 2006 08:07 PM

For me it was the rallying side that got me onto one, I now own a beautiful MY98 classic that Colin Mcrae/ Richard Burns(RIP Richard:() drove to a world champioship win, but the noise is a beautiful note to hear:D
Cheers
Colin

scoobfan 08 May 2006 08:09 PM

Performance is everything !!:D

Rob

sparky d 08 May 2006 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by scoobfan
Performance is everything !!:D

Rob

:luxhello: :luxhello: i have to agree my friend :luxhello: :luxhello: (although the looks have the initial attraction:D