ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Selling a WRX (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/513482-selling-a-wrx.html)

Yetti54 07 May 2006 11:19 AM

Selling a WRX

Just been trying to sell my wrx before i pick up my next car.
I've been offered 13,500 as a trade in but thought i'd be able to get more for it.

Still it's been advertised for 14,500 for just over 3 weeks and nothing.

I thought this was a good price but am i wrong?
Or does anyone on here no someone who'd be interested in it?

It's a 2005 wrx ppp with just under 13000 miles. Usual tracker and a sti spoiler and sivler seal.

Looking in parkers it recons about 15,000 for a car like this. :confused: :confused: :confused:

EVOLUTION 07 May 2006 12:15 PM

thats sick.......

what did you give for it? £21500 about a year ago now.....

TimmyboyWRX 07 May 2006 12:27 PM

thats some massive depreciation!.. im so glad i picked up a 2 year old car now rather than a new one lol

hedgehog 07 May 2006 12:48 PM

You might still get the "right" person for it. There seems to be a lot of that about at the minute in that some cars will sell if the right person just happens to see the ad etc. However, having just sold my 03 STi it does seem that they are selling at well below the book price. To be honest 13.5k didn't seem like too bad a trade in price for it.

When you consider that a new one isn't that much more than that if you get an import you can see what some of the problem is, though that doesn't help when the cash is coming out of your pocket.

I hacked the STi in for a Diesel Golf just because I don't want another Subaru because IM treated me so badly and also because the market for such cars seems to be approaching meltdown so buying another seemed like a sure way to lose a pile of cash. I'm quite enjoying driving something quiet and comfy for a change but the overtaking is frightening :-)

Yetti54 07 May 2006 12:57 PM

Yeah it sucks. I got it for 20500 a year ago.

Just wish i had taken more time and looked at the evo. Diddn't even think i could afford it a year ago but i deffinatly can now. Plus insurance for a fq320 isn't any different!!! :eek2:

Thought i'd get 15k no probs but i guess people are more into sti's than a wrx.

Ah well, don't think i'll be buying a new car again.

EVOLUTION 07 May 2006 01:02 PM

im thinking the same, but i knew i would loose a fortune, but im sure you can agree, being the first owner had its plus sides, even if it does cost you 7k in the first year...

on the plus side, you wont loose very much in the next 2 years in comparison...

john

osterley 07 May 2006 01:11 PM

Indeed
I've got a wrx2004 with Ecutek
Looked to get rid of over 6 months ago - would be looking at £12k for a car 18 months old and 15k on the clock

If I kept another 18 months I get at least £10k - go figure - so I decided to keep it for 3 years...... didnt want to but if depreciation from 1-3 years is negligible why not.......

Dave_68 07 May 2006 04:13 PM

You think that's bad depreciation...My 05 STi would have been 30k if I bought it new, I got it for 18.5k just under 6 months old...Obviously my gain but it's pretty shocking.