ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Wheels, Tyres & Brakes (https://www.scoobynet.com/wheels-tyres-and-brakes-13/)
-   -   bolt on tyre valves for speedline turini (https://www.scoobynet.com/wheels-tyres-and-brakes-13/513407-bolt-on-tyre-valves-for-speedline-turini.html)

steveho 06 May 2006 10:05 PM

bolt on tyre valves for speedline turini

Got my 18"speedline turinis and the goodyear eagle f1s are on the way

I fancy fitting some bolt on tyre valves-anybody got experience of these and know of a top quality brand and supplier?

steveho 07 May 2006 01:55 PM

Purchased a gold richbrook set for £15.45 delivered and coming in a few days

richiewong 08 May 2006 08:04 AM

I had some blt in joibbies and they were forever leaking air.

Found that if I tightened the caps up fairly tight, to stop them from setting nicked, the entire valve would turn.
Not much of a seal between the valve and wheel so check your pressures regularly.

GingerbreadMan 08 May 2006 10:54 AM

I too have had air leaking from so-called 'racing' bolt on valves, they relied on the tightness of an external nut to provide a decent seal. Load of dog-s**t if you ask me.

Also, pretty valves that look like they can be removed is just asking for a chav to tamper with your wheels. My Dad had 2 blow-outs when someone tampered with his Momo's.

I'd stick with the valves that come with your wheels, as they were probably designed specifically.;)

steveho 09 May 2006 07:24 PM

That's a bugger -they've just come in the post and look the business

I'm wondering if to fit them now or not

The wheels come without valves so it's either the standard rubber jobs or my new bolt ons mmmmm........?!?!?!?!?!?(ebay?)

richiewong 09 May 2006 09:37 PM

Last 3 sets of wheels ,including 2 sets of Turini's,I had all came with standard rubber valves and couldn't be more happy.

Also I noticed that if I fitted metal valve caps they would chip the wheel, presumably whilst at speed they would knock against the rim:rolleyes:

So rubber valves and plastic caps from now on, also stops scrotes trying to pinch them.

Welloilbeefhooked 09 May 2006 09:42 PM

I have Speedline ST2's with the Richbrook flush fitting valves. Had them for around 2 years. I initially thought that they were leaking but it turned out to be the seal of the tyre on the rim. Sorted that and they are now fine and have been for the 2 ish years I have used them.

steveho 10 May 2006 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Welloilbeefhooked
I have Speedline ST2's with the Richbrook flush fitting valves. Had them for around 2 years. I initially thought that they were leaking but it turned out to be the seal of the tyre on the rim. Sorted that and they are now fine and have been for the 2 ish years I have used them.

that's good,mine are the standard length and i fitted one last night and they do look good so i think i'll fit them and see how they go.

might fit my anti theft chromies {caps}to foil any tea leaves