ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   A scooby newbie (possibly) (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/513283-a-scooby-newbie-possibly.html)

a_little_feisty 06 May 2006 01:34 PM

A scooby newbie (possibly)

hey ...

I could be about to join the scooby world proper .... have £24k burning a hole in my pocket ... am just about to go and test drive the new STI ... should I buy it???

Nic

watto52 06 May 2006 01:39 PM

nah, go away on hols, but out currys and get a classic:thumb:

stew911 06 May 2006 01:43 PM

stuff that, like above said get a classic, spoil yourselve with a great holiday somewhre very hot and spud out on takeaways

scoobynutta555 06 May 2006 01:54 PM

If I was to use every penny of 24k on an Impreza, I might get another 22b, UK version of course ;)

Failing that, a nice typeR V limited and bank the 12k+ balance as warranty money :D

a_little_feisty 06 May 2006 05:09 PM

oh dear .....

Well ... I guess I'm a typical girl ... drove it, loved it, had to have it ... crystal grey .... delivery in 1-2 weeks ... oops! :cool:

hedgehog 06 May 2006 05:11 PM

Bad luck, they were right, you should buy a good classic and have fun driving it plus have fun with the cash you've got left over.

corradoboy 06 May 2006 07:09 PM

Should have gone to Litchfields and got a much better and faster car for the money, or Alliance and got the same car for £4k less.

a_little_feisty 06 May 2006 07:48 PM

oh well .......

I looked at the imports and were cheaper - after adding on the cost of alarm, the tracker and the underseal, but was wary ... kept hearing horror stories about claim limits on warranties etc, many of which I'm sure were propegated by dealers to try and protect their livelihood .... I went into the dealership today with an import deal I had for £22k OTR ... they pretty much matched it (I hammered them on the px value for my car) and so I now get the STI UK spec with the backing of a dealership (call me old-fashioned but I like that) .... oh and they are repainting the (wanky - no offence intended and I'm sure I'll get slaughtered for this!!) gold wheels for me for free ... and I got a free tank of petrol etc etc .... I am a happy bunny (I'm waiting for someone to piss on my fire :rolleyes: ) ...

nik52wrx 06 May 2006 07:58 PM

Good for you, enjoy :thumb:

Originally Posted by a_little_feisty
I looked at the imports and were cheaper - after adding on the cost of alarm, the tracker and the underseal, but was wary ... kept hearing horror stories about claim limits on warranties etc, many of which I'm sure were propegated by dealers to try and protect their livelihood .... I went into the dealership today with an import deal I had for £22k OTR ... they pretty much matched it (I hammered them on the px value for my car) and so I now get the STI UK spec with the backing of a dealership (call me old-fashioned but I like that) .... oh and they are repainting the (wanky - no offence intended and I'm sure I'll get slaughtered for this!!) gold wheels for me for free ... and I got a free tank of petrol etc etc .... I am a happy bunny (I'm waiting for someone to piss on my fire :rolleyes: ) ...

corradoboy 06 May 2006 08:16 PM

Sounds like you hammered out a good deal, which seems rare at the mo'. Well done and enjoy :thumb:

PS. I'm with you on the wheels ;)

54Roadster 06 May 2006 08:28 PM

now all you need is a PPP on it!

hedgehog 06 May 2006 08:46 PM

Good luck with it, it is nice to hear of someone getting a deal that suits them and also saves them a few quid.

If you were used to something a little more tame then take it easy getting used to it. It isn't like you need special powers to drive it or anything but if you were used to a 140bhp Golf Diesel then get the feel of the STi before trying too hard :-) (I used to have an STi and am now driving the Golf Diesel, have been for a month now and I'm still frightened to overtake anything!)

Enjoy.

lukey1 08 May 2006 10:58 AM

well done nickie

just remember to check your tyres regularly ;-)

ps when do i get a go.

a_little_feisty 08 May 2006 11:14 AM

oh well ...

well done nickie

just remember to check your tyres regularly ;-)

ps when do i get a go.
All your fault Luke ...

The tyres will be monitored ... I promise

... and you know when you get a go, but the same rules apply!

P.S. I think we should steer clear of bridges for a while ... or at least take parachutes next time! ;)

Joggerboy 08 May 2006 01:09 PM

Welcome to the MY06 STI (typeUK) club! :luxhello:

Sounds like you got a better deal than me! :notworthy

I kept the gold wheels, which look good on the WR blue IMHO! :)

Enjoy.... :luvlove:

a_little_feisty 08 May 2006 01:27 PM

Hmmm.... got a call from the dealer this morning to say they have one in the UK, just need to get it to the dealership and get the PDI done etc ... maximum 2 weeks ...

... but I want it NOW!!!

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :brickwall

... I have no patience ... :(

... because I am way too excited!! :luxhello:

Joggerboy 08 May 2006 03:01 PM

Many sleepless nights.... ;)

lukey1 08 May 2006 05:11 PM

All your fault Luke ...

The tyres will be monitored ... I promise

... and you know when you get a go, but the same rules apply!

P.S. I think we should steer clear of bridges for a while ... or at least take parachutes next time! ;)

sssshhhhhh dont tell everyone :-)

a_little_feisty 08 May 2006 05:23 PM

oops!! ;)

my lips are sealed ..... now!