ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   310Bhp WRX vs STI PPP ?? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/513160-310bhp-wrx-vs-sti-ppp.html)

~DrEaM~ 05 May 2006 08:27 PM

310Bhp WRX vs STI PPP ??

hi guys..

want to know whats the difference between a modded 04 WRX with 310/300 and a 04 STI PPP??

i have been told by some one that an STI will need extra 20hp/20ft to keep up?? is this true?? if so why ??

which will be more fun to drive??

many thanks
kevin

Neilo 05 May 2006 08:28 PM

1 thing, weight....the sti is near 100kgs more ....simple power to weight ratio.

~DrEaM~ 05 May 2006 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Neilo
1 thing, weight....the sti is near 100kgs more ....simple power to weight ratio.

just wondering... what makes the sti heavier? :iamwithst

kingofturds 05 May 2006 08:36 PM

Thought the sti was lighter than the wrx:Suspiciou

Neilo 05 May 2006 08:36 PM

gearbox, and a few other things, i "think" the 6 speeder is near 40kgs heavier than the 5 speed, but dont quote me on that....

spoiler weighs more too.....brakes etc...

Neilo 05 May 2006 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by kingofturds

certainly not the case in a newage car...

WRX 1385kgs
STI 1480kgs

give or take..

~DrEaM~ 05 May 2006 08:37 PM

thats what i thought as well :lol1:

Dr Who 05 May 2006 08:38 PM

I've been told by someone else that a WRX needs an extra 20ft to stop?

~DrEaM~ 05 May 2006 08:39 PM

certainly not the case in a newage car...

WRX 1385kgs
STI 1480kgs

give or take..

also been told that because of the gearing thw wrx will be faster?:wonder:
but dont sti suppose to have close ratio 6 speed?

Neilo 05 May 2006 08:39 PM

noooooooooooooooope :)

scooby_matt 05 May 2006 08:39 PM

Get a classic, even lighter still!

~DrEaM~ 05 May 2006 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by Dr Who
I've been told by someone else that a WRX needs an extra 20ft to stop?

the wrx i mention have ap 6 pots:norty: i'd think it'll stop better than a sti

TonyBurns 05 May 2006 08:40 PM

Dont underestimate the STi, its 6 speed box is closer ratio'd than the 5 speed in the wrx.
Air flow is also improved with the bigger scoop and intercooler giving better cooling.
I dont think there will be much in it tbh, and out of both, the STi would be the one thats the most fun ;)

Neilo 05 May 2006 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by ~DrEaM~
also been told that because of the gearing thw wrx will be faster?:wonder:
but dont sti suppose to have close ratio 6 speed?

the UK box isnt really close ratio per say.....there wont be much in it regardless, but the WRX will run to 130 odd in 4th, the STI will be in 5th at the same point.

but it matters not anyway as with the same power the WRX will out perform it :) in a straight line

trust me.....;)

~DrEaM~ 05 May 2006 08:44 PM

the UK box isnt really close ratio per say.....there wont be much in it regardless, but the WRX will run to 130 odd in 4th, the STI will be in 5th at the same point.

but it matters not anyway as with the same power the WRX will out perform it :) in a straight line

trust me.....;)

thanks for the info... 130 in 4th??? :notworthy a bit out of topic but will 310/300 be fine with the UK WRX box?? any issues ??

Neilo 05 May 2006 08:45 PM

well im about to try 370/370 (450/450)<--bit silly, but in general yeah, should be ;) just make sure you slot the gears home before you boot it :)

suffolkdar 05 May 2006 08:47 PM

trust me.....;)

Dont matter a **** in a straight line!, there are many vw/audi(to name but a few!) group turbo diesels that will make most scoobys look **** in a straight line..........:freak3:

Neilo 05 May 2006 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by suffolkdar
Dont matter a **** in a straight line!, there are many vw/audi(to name but a few!) group turbo diesels that will make most scoobys look **** in a straight line..........:freak3:

thanks for that useful titbit.....paying particular note to the topic :freak3:

im sure that i could sort out most diesels thanks.

scooby_matt 05 May 2006 08:50 PM

I wouldn't say they'd make them look '****'. Maybe just give them a little scare ;)

suffolkdar 05 May 2006 08:54 PM

thanks for that useful titbit.....paying particular note to the topic :freak3:

im sure that i could sort out most diesels thanks.

You have never had the pleasure of an audi A4 2.5TDI keeping up with your sti ppp off roundabouts upto 120mph? Dont forget these cars when chipped a very very fast.........

kingofturds 05 May 2006 08:55 PM

My classic sti would piss all over my old wrx, sell the newage and go classic:lol1:

Neilo 05 May 2006 08:55 PM

i dont have an STI......and im well aware of what they are capable of!! (the diesels that is) :) very capable indeed, but i still know what mines capable of to :)

scooby_matt 05 May 2006 08:56 PM

My classic sti would piss all over my old wrx, sell the newage and go classic:lol1:

:notworthy

Neilo 05 May 2006 08:57 PM

ill wait to see which one rusts first ;)

~DrEaM~ 05 May 2006 09:01 PM

i had 2 classic stis and they are fine cars.. raw power delivery... but the looks and interior is too dated...thats why choosed the newage..:thumb:

Varboy 05 May 2006 09:01 PM

You have never had the pleasure of an audi A4 2.5TDI keeping up with your sti ppp off roundabouts upto 120mph? Dont forget these cars when chipped a very very fast.........

had a 330d remapped to 230bhp, very quick, but not STi PPP quick.... he wasn't trying:lol1::lol1::lol1:

The prob with chipped diesels is that they are very quick low down in the rev range (as oppose to a Scoob) so it's very easy to catch a powerful car out if they are napping in the wrong gear.

Scared a couple of M3s in the same fashion, wouldn't have stood a chance had the driver been awake, sorry to p*ss on your chips

Leeroy 05 May 2006 09:08 PM

An A4 2.5tdi quicker than an Sti?:cuckoo:. Keeping up with doesn't equate to making it look ****!

kingofturds 05 May 2006 09:30 PM

Diesels have some low down grunt, when it gets to 4k however its game over

suffolkdar 05 May 2006 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Leeroy
An A4 2.5tdi quicker than an Sti?:cuckoo:. Keeping up with doesn't equate to making it look ****!

So, Having a saloon car or coupe with big wide wheels, a body kit and a huge spoiler that has a reputation as being "very fast" that is no quicker off a roundabout than an estate car burning dirty oil with pram wheels, 3 dogs in the boot, 4 kids and some posh tart wearing a scarf is good or cool? i think not. it makes the impreza look like a piece of ****! And there are lots of people reading this that know it's true, but will never say!:norty:

Neilo 05 May 2006 09:55 PM

why are you here if you hate imprezas so much?

it doesnt make any car look ****, any car can be tuned mate....get used to it.