ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Suspension (https://www.scoobynet.com/suspension-12/)
-   -   Leda B coilovers with progressive rate springs fitted (https://www.scoobynet.com/suspension-12/512580-leda-b-coilovers-with-progressive-rate-springs-fitted.html)

terryb 03 May 2006 01:23 PM

Leda B coilovers with progressive rate springs fitted

Just had my Leda B suspension overhauled and a good job too as 2 of the springs were broken.

I decided to upgrade the springs to a combined linear/ progressive temper setup - and the result is amazing.

My car had a fast road spring rate - linear 325 lbs front. 225 lbs rear.

Now having the progressive setup - the rates are 250-550 progressive springs all round with 600lbs front and 400 lbs rear. The result is a more compliant ride over bumpy roads with slight roll before the main springs take effect. This I believe will make a massive improvement in grip on twisty/ bumpy roads - which lets face it is the UK.

For my sprints and hillclimbs they will be amazing - I'm sure. Got some practising to do now in time for Scooby Shootout :D:D:D

Also must give top marks to John and Beverley at LEDA for making me feel so welcome and the top job they have done - very professional.

Cheers

Terry

ben1413 03 May 2006 04:54 PM

Nice one Terry.

I'm looking at fitting some Tein SS coilovers with poillowball topmounts soon, to go with my new wheels!!

When's the next hillclimb? I might pop along for a 'family# day out!

Ben

terryb 03 May 2006 04:59 PM

June 18th IIRC. Should be nice and sunny and I will be kicking some Cosworth asses :D:D:D

911 03 May 2006 06:23 PM

Good man.
Do that and then come and thrash this bloody EVO please...

I will be facinated to hear how it goes.
Any chance of some pics??
Graham

j-k 03 May 2006 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by terryb
Just had my Leda B suspension overhauled and a good job too as 2 of the springs were broken.

I decided to upgrade the springs to a combined linear/ progressive temper setup - and the result is amazing.

My car had a fast road spring rate - linear 325 lbs front. 225 lbs rear.

Now having the progressive setup - the rates are 250-550 progressive springs all round with 600lbs front and 400 lbs rear. The result is a more compliant ride over bumpy roads with slight roll before the main springs take effect. This I believe will make a massive improvement in grip on twisty/ bumpy roads - which lets face it is the UK.

For my sprints and hillclimbs they will be amazing - I'm sure. Got some practising to do now in time for Scooby Shootout :D:D:D

Also must give top marks to John and Beverley at LEDA for making me feel so welcome and the top job they have done - very professional.

Cheers

Terry

Terry,

glad you got sorted....

John and beverley and all the other staff at LEDA are very helpful...a personal service...

We are having the progressive springs fitted soon also...onto our 93RA tarmac rally car.

I will be interested to see how you get on with them mate...PM me if you like

cheers

jon

terryb 04 May 2006 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by 911
Good man.
Do that and then come and thrash this bloody EVO please...

I will be facinated to hear how it goes.
Any chance of some pics??
Graham

Mate - what chance have I got against that EVO?? You're running more power and have an even better suspension setup - and 1B tyres.

You just need to push that right hand pedal a bit further down.

:D

terryb 04 May 2006 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by j-k
Terry,

glad you got sorted....

John and beverley and all the other staff at LEDA are very helpful...a personal service...

We are having the progressive springs fitted soon also...onto our 93RA tarmac rally car.

I will be interested to see how you get on with them mate...PM me if you like

cheers

jon

Jon - you're right mate - lovely folk and great hospitality. John is very knowledgeable too :D

I'll post on here once I've done some testing or competed in Scooby Shootout :D

Cheers

Terry

911 04 May 2006 09:28 PM

If only Terry...
Think of me this weekend!
''Harder on the right hand one says Terry..''
Gulp

Graham
:D

I'll given them death!
:D :D

terryb 04 May 2006 10:11 PM

best of luck mate - if allelse fails stick potatoes up his exhaust :D:D:D

davedipster 04 May 2006 10:23 PM

Top guys at Leda, went for a visit a while back and was impressed with the workmanship.
I will be getting a set of coilovers from leda when my std shocks die, they will also fit them and do laser tracking as well.

Local as well, Braintree.

BeverleyJM 05 May 2006 02:12 PM

Thanks Terry - it was nice to meet you :thumb: