ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   West Yorkshire Impreza Owners Club (WYIOC) (https://www.scoobynet.com/west-yorkshire-impreza-owners-club-wyioc-366/)
-   -   Just Been Bumped!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/west-yorkshire-impreza-owners-club-wyioc-366/512200-just-been-bumped.html)

RafaelChandler 02 May 2006 12:45 AM

Just Been Bumped!!

:mad: Stopped at a set of traffic lights on the Armley Gyratory, when an old guy in a merceds bumped into the back of me!

I got out to look at the damage, and hes scratched the bumper and cracked the paint.

Then the guy says he never touched me, and that he would know becuase he has parking sensors :wonder:

Anyway he started swearing and carrying on and threatend to hit me :lol1: so i just took his plate number and drove off.

no witnesses though unfortuantley, apart from the girl in my car that i had just picked up for a date!!!! :mad:

JAKbauer24 02 May 2006 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by RafaelChandler
:mad: Stopped at a set of traffic lights on the Armley Gyratory, when an old guy in a merceds bumped into the back of me!

I got out to look at the damage, and hes scratched the bumper and cracked the paint.

Then the guy says he never touched me, and that he would know becuase he has parking sensors :wonder:

Anyway he started swearing and carrying on and threatend to hit me :lol1: so i just took his plate number and drove off.

no witnesses though unfortuantley, apart from the girl in my car that i had just picked up for a date!!!! :mad:

no/ gutted mate get on phone to the police asap and report the tw@t :mad:

plus why you on't internet if you have a date

killa 02 May 2006 12:51 AM

The girl was bad luck, son let that be a lesson, go to police station and report this asap and tell your insurance comp too, if you fell you wish to take it with them, what would have been good and very useful would have been some pics straight away from the camera phone, hope you get it sorted..

RafaelChandler 02 May 2006 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by JAKbauer24
no/ gutted mate get on phone to the police asap and report the tw@t :mad:

plus why you on't internet if you have a date

Just got back from the date :lol1: .

To be honest the police will do f**k all, probably ask me to produce my documents like they did last time :lol1:

JAKbauer24 02 May 2006 12:55 AM

To be honest the police will do f**k all, probably ask me to produce my documents like they did last time :lol1:

YUP YOU GOT IT

corradoboy 02 May 2006 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by Raf
Just Been Bumped!!

:mad:

Originally Posted by Raf
Just got back from the date

Edit and repost that in about 7 hours time ;)

....along with the pics :norty:

MickWrx 02 May 2006 09:42 AM

crack on the bumper mate sounds like a good date :norty: ;)

Sorry to hear about the car mate hope its a quick fix and insurance don't scam you

adzipalmer 02 May 2006 11:24 AM

Sorry to hear it

KnobbySP1 02 May 2006 01:07 PM

Nightmare! Sorry to hear about it.

Make sure you don't let him off the hook or let your insurance company fob you off with you pay yours and he pays his. He went in the back of you - end of story. He was either driving too close or not paying attention.

MickWrx 02 May 2006 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by KnobbySP1
Nightmare! Sorry to hear about it.

Make sure you don't let him off the hook or let your insurance company fob you off with you pay yours and he pays his. He went in the back of you - end of story. He was either driving too close or not paying attention.

completely agree plain and simple :thumb:

unless you pulled your handbrake hoping to impress the lady ;) :D

armogedden57 02 May 2006 02:33 PM

F**k it, lets start a mob, flaming pitchforks an all, an hunt this old gimmer down! Sorry to here about it, some people just dont watch what the hell they're doing.

LegacySTi 02 May 2006 02:37 PM

Why did you drive off without it being sorted??

MickWrx 02 May 2006 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by LegacySTi

And a big welcome to LegacySTI Ireland :thumb:

Good question to be fair :wonder: how old was your date Raf :Suspiciou

RafaelChandler 02 May 2006 04:05 PM

I didnt drive off, he started threatening me and then got in his car and drove off.

Been to see the Police today, and the car is not registered to the name and address he gave me :mad:

There going to try track him down and prosecute him for failing to provide insurance details.

So nothing much i can do from here, luckily though the car isnt badly damaged just some minor scratches.

Mick, the girl is 21 so fully legal :lol1:

Sticky Stuff 02 May 2006 06:05 PM

Mick, the girl is 21 so fully legal :lol1:

Please bear in mind Raf's selective dyslexia when reading the above :nono:

MickWrx 02 May 2006 10:39 PM

:norty: :wonder: :eek: :nono:

:D

LegacySTi 04 May 2006 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by MickWrx
And a big welcome to LegacySTI Ireland :thumb:

Wats With welcome?? Wat that mean??

Sticky Stuff 04 May 2006 06:03 AM

It's called 'being friendly'

Happens all the time on here :)

Alan C 04 May 2006 01:04 PM

Thank you for pointing that out Sticky. I do think your really really fab you know... really... :thumb:

MickWrx 04 May 2006 01:37 PM

Wats With welcome?? Wat that mean??

Originally Posted by Sticky Stuff is really really FAB
It's called 'being friendly'

Happens all the time on here :)

Welcome is a Greeting to greet or hail. To say Hello, good to see you, an initial sign of friendship

:D

sti300 05 May 2006 10:08 PM

might be pike!!!