ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Strangest thing left on your car (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/510270-strangest-thing-left-on-your-car.html)

topoff 24 April 2006 11:02 AM

Strangest thing left on your car

Whilst loading up my car at work on Friday I left my sons Nintendo DS on the boot and went to a DIY store 3 miles away....when I got there I relised I had left it on the boot so got out to check and it was gone:cry: , so I started to panic about what I was going to tell my son and retraced my tracks 2 or 3 times but found nothing so I went back to work for a couple of hours but the guilt got the better of me so left to have one last look, I pulled out the my work carpark and drove a mile and half down the road to the first roundabout and soon spottted it laying in a rut on the edge of the roundabout.. so I jumped out, held up the traffic and pick it up, it had a few stratches but works perfect:) :)

Gutmann pug 24 April 2006 11:06 AM

Couple of mobile phones to date ......

Tripple'O G 24 April 2006 11:08 AM

Couple of lady ar5e, foot and hand prints left on the inside of the windows...
Not a problem till it gets steamy with the next one :Whatever_

WRXewl 24 April 2006 11:31 AM

Mines a bit boring but it was a keyboard for a desktop pc

Wurzel 24 April 2006 11:41 AM

When I was a service engineer I left my folder on the roof with all the days work tickets in and drove off, only realised when I got to Dartford and went to put a petrol receipt in the folder that it was gone, drove back to where I was last and found all my work tickets strewn all over the road and verge but no folder :D

JackClark 24 April 2006 12:09 PM

A bird poo in the shape of Mother Theresa.

Matt_taylor 24 April 2006 12:11 PM

left my mobile on there,

drove about a mile, then all of a sudden,

bang bang bang bang saw it slide down the rear window and off somewhere, looked but the battery exploded and left nothing! oh well it was insured

Zip Boing Arial Whoop 24 April 2006 12:20 PM

The Ladder brackets, unfortunately left the ladders untied down as well, so the brackets fell off (never to be seen again) and a couple of miles later going round a lright hand bend the 3 section ladders fell off just missing a pedestrian.

Bent the ladders to hell...

Nick_Cat 24 April 2006 01:03 PM

A pile of library books. Wondered why people were staring at the car and pointing when I pulled out of the car park, thought it was the car:lol1: Felt a right numpty stopping in the road to retrieve the books.

Nick

danwrx1980 24 April 2006 01:06 PM

Lost a generator off an army wagon, landed right in the middle of a roundabout.

Good job it never went the other way and through someone's windscreen!!!
Got a right b0ll0ckin for that, and it wasn't my fault, damn Driver electricians never put it back on properly.
Never lost anythin since :)

a1oku 24 April 2006 01:21 PM

used to have a ford cortina.local garage put new starting motor on it and i collected it and drove off to see the parents in northamptonshire.about abington on the old a34 we heard an enormous bang and something banging along the bottom of the car.i thought the engine had fallen out.i looked in the rearview and saw an elderly man nip out into the centre of the road and attempt to pick somethihg up.i pulled over,ran back down the road and he was holding a very hot starting motor,tossing it from hand to hand cause it was so hot.when i asked for it back he refused saying he found it first!!!soon put him right and later garage apologised saying the 'apprentice' was told to put the new one on,and hed not tightened the bolts!!!didnt use said garage again!!!http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/images/icons/icon8.gif

Abdabz 24 April 2006 01:30 PM

Stopped at a car park just on the north side of the big bridge in Inverness... took butties out of tupperware box and ate, admiring the view.
Walked the dog, got back in the car and drove off, Ullapool bound... Up to 60 then WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE bounce bounce bounce... Off up in the air went the one careful owner butty box and down with an undignified crash landing into the middle of the dual carriageway before bouncing off into the grass verge...
Mother was displeased :eek: Local roadside voles on the other hand would have got a new waterproof vice den for free though :)
D'oh

Andy M3 24 April 2006 01:41 PM

I left a screw driver under my wiper once. I drove around for a week before i noticed :D

Remster 24 April 2006 01:44 PM

Not a car boot and not even me but my brother who plays drums. Kind of on topic though.:p

Whilst returning from a gig packed into the back of the customary Ford Transit, the rear doors swung open on the motorway!:eek: His cymbal case flew out and opened upon impact. Fortunately they were all locked in place but the upermost cymbal took on a loverly roadrash finish!:lol1: From memory, the jammy sod got a whole new set on the insurance.

monkeyboy840 24 April 2006 02:02 PM

a cup of coffee sat on the boot spoiler on my old vectra

CHOD STi 24 April 2006 02:10 PM

Once if left 3 grand under the seat of my mums car as id just sold my car and she hasd piked me up after the sale. Got home and totally 4got about the money. An hour later she reminds me bout.......... that night my mums car got stolen...... now that wud have been a nice lil supprise 4 sum lil skip rat!

Nevetas 24 April 2006 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Tripple'O G
Couple of lady ar5e, foot and hand prints left on the inside of the windows...
Not a problem till it gets steamy with the next one :Whatever_

:lol1: :lol1:

ian_sadler 24 April 2006 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by CHOD STi
Once if left 3 grand under the seat of my mums car as id just sold my car and she hasd piked me up after the sale. Got home and totally 4got about the money. An hour later she reminds me bout.......... that night my mums car got stolen...... now that wud have been a nice lil supprise 4 sum lil skip rat!

eh??

Mother Theresa 24 April 2006 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by JackClark
A bird poo in the shape of Mother Theresa.

Was that before or after I put on weight?

jjones 24 April 2006 02:35 PM

friend in switzerland:

"I drove about 8km with it on the roof, and it fell off going down the motorway, must have been doing about 100kph... and its still working!!!!"

workmen found it and handed it into police station. they contacted him (has his name and company on stickers).

"all the police in there were laughing at me"

http://www.vicary.eclipse.co.uk/sn/benlappy.jpg

and yes it still worked

Nevetas 24 April 2006 02:50 PM

:eek: :eek:

StudentScooby 24 April 2006 03:07 PM

Took sunroof off and left it on the roof ( XR2 tilt only) Needless to say i forgot by the drive i drove off and was followed by sunroof sliding down the road.

cookstar 24 April 2006 03:19 PM

A guy i used to work with (who was an arsehole) had an Astra van, (white) we all used to leave out half finished cups off coffee resting against his roof rack at the front.

He was very proud of this van, and used to keep it spotless.

As soon as he broke, white van become coffee coloured. :lol1:

Just reading this i realised there was an element of danger invloved, but hey it was funny at the time :D

Wurzel 24 April 2006 03:31 PM

One of my mates in the army whilst on exercise in cyprus was driving a landrover with a trailer full of the company radio kit, he managed to flip the trailer completely over whilst still attached to the landrover, fortunately the canvas cover was on so nothing went flying:D

pete higham 24 April 2006 05:44 PM

when i first picked up my impreza, i bought it from a dealer, walked over to my car from the side, got in drove home, got out stood back looking over my new pride and joy and realised that i had just driven 8 miles with the "subaru assured" plates still velcroed over my number plates!!!! :lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

kingofturds 24 April 2006 06:17 PM

loads of Coffe's:brickwall and when i first passed my test drove off with my cat sunbathing on the roof

SCOsazOBY 24 April 2006 07:58 PM

Overtaking a caravan on the motorway when a loud thud and bump at side of car, we thought it looked like a perspex window had just fallen off the caravan and a few stern looks and words where exchanched to the driver.

It wasnt until we stopped at services that we noticed it wasnt a black perspex window that had fallen off the caravan and under our wheels.........it was our front splitter that had come off and shattered into pieces on the M62 :D

StiX 24 April 2006 08:49 PM

A tennis racket - which I had borowed, oops.

Galley 24 April 2006 10:38 PM

My frist car was a mini. i'd just finished checking the car over before taking it for the mot, e.g brakes, tyres etc. only made it half way to the garage when suddenly it felt like the tyres had turned to jelly. got out and realised i'd forgotten to tighten the wheel bolts!