ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries (https://www.scoobynet.com/dealer-and-third-party-supplier-queries-3/)
-   -   Thank You, Oh, Thank You - Oh Thank You once Again (https://www.scoobynet.com/dealer-and-third-party-supplier-queries-3/509816-thank-you-oh-thank-you-oh-thank-you-once-again.html)

pslewis 22 April 2006 03:31 PM

Thank You, Oh, Thank You - Oh Thank You once Again

Thanks to the MOT Tester who passed my Subaru Impreza this morning .... he did the MOT and I paid him - quite extraordinary :D

Anyway, not sure if he had heard of me and was taking the piss, but - he said that these cars normally fail on the DROPLINKS ....... I could have sworn he said COCLINKS at first!!!!!!! ;)

Anyway, my Droplinks/Cocklinks are as tight as a nuns fanny - which is extremely good ...... he did mention that these unmolested examples are getting very rare now - in his words, "They get fooooked about with by chavs and halfwits" ..... he has the finger on the pulse there then.

BUT, what about these droplinks - do they give up the ghost?????? Never seen any posts about them??

Pete

gaz c 22 April 2006 03:43 PM

seen plenty of posts on cocklinks. but none on drop links!:wonder:

pslewis 22 April 2006 03:49 PM

Thats what I thought ....... if the droplinks went regularly I'm sure I would have heard about it by now??

Anyway, I smiled at his superior knowledge and took the pass certificate off him :D

AND he allowed me to drive the Scooby in the Car Park for the brake test - RESULT!!

AND the whole MOT cost me £29 :D

AND there would have been no charge at all if it had failed .... excellent service (he did spot that a numberplate bulb was out - sorted that free).

Top notch and I would like to place them up there with the normal arse-licked outfits :D

Pete

ScoobyDoo555 22 April 2006 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis
Thats what I thought ....... if the droplinks went regularly I'm sure I would have heard about it by now??

Anyway, I smiled at his superior knowledge and took the pass certificate off him :D

AND he allowed me to drive the Scooby in the Car Park for the brake test - RESULT!!

AND the whole MOT cost me £29 :D

AND there would have been no charge at all if it had failed .... excellent service (he did spot that a numberplate bulb was out - sorted that free).

Top notch and I would like to place them up there with the normal arse-licked outfits :D

Pete

So, basically, from your summising, as there is a conflict regarding the droplinks (ie the MOT bloke says this is a weak bit) and the fact that you haven't heard about any problems (and you're ALWAYS right about everything), this MOT bloke doesn't know what he's talking about.

hmmm. I'd be getting the Scoob retested by somebody who's more informed ;)

Dan :D

pslewis 22 April 2006 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo555
So, basically, from your summising, as there is a conflict regarding the droplinks (ie the MOT bloke says this is a weak bit) and the fact that you haven't heard about any problems (and you're ALWAYS right about everything), this MOT bloke doesn't know what he's talking about.

hmmm. I'd be getting the Scoob retested by somebody who's more informed ;)

Dan :D

Well, thats the reason I'm posting - just incase I have missed something - :D

They still deserve a place in Arse-Licked Corner .... wouldn't you think?? ;)

Pete

ScoobyDoo555 22 April 2006 03:56 PM

:D

briforbes 22 April 2006 03:59 PM

What a total Cocklink :cuckoo:

gaz c 22 April 2006 04:04 PM

[quote=pslewis]They still deserve a place in Arse-Licked Corner ....

so you wont to lick someones arse for giving you a bit of paper then pete.

and you also pay them to let you do this. :eek:

Bubba po 22 April 2006 04:10 PM

At my last MOT I was told that the droplink bushes at the rear were getting rather tired and that they could do with doing straight away. He actually said though, that worn droplink bushes was NOT actually an MOT fail fault.:)

Kenny.S 22 April 2006 05:08 PM

Ill bet my 11 year old RA is still in better nick underneath than yours :D

fatmanscooby 22 April 2006 05:33 PM

You dont let up do you Pete:)

julesp600 23 April 2006 03:25 PM

My car failed it's MOT on droplink - apparently!!! Didn't notice a problem personally but all done now and running well enough.

Jules

pippyrips 23 April 2006 06:56 PM

pmsl:D

leerichosti 23 April 2006 07:13 PM

sook mi droplink!:hjtwofing