ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Engine rebuild time (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/508941-engine-rebuild-time.html)

firecracker 19 April 2006 09:32 AM

Engine rebuild time

Hi all

I'm going to be having my engine rebuilt in my 98 JDM Forester S/tb shortly. I've had a few quotes to do the job and I'm thinking of going with a company called API Impreza of Harbury, Warwickshire. They seemed very helpful on the phone and will also collect the car. Has anyone on here had an engine rebuild by these guys, if so I'd like to here your opinions, good or bad?

Cheers

Marcus

Tripple'O G 19 April 2006 09:55 AM

Neilo would be the guy to speak to......
I've had a gearbox etc from them and even though you may have a wait, the work is fine :thumb:

andy97 19 April 2006 10:01 AM

Ive got a 2.5 sti conversion with forged pistons from Api and I wouldn't hesitate in recommending this company to you. David and his team will do a great job.

Andy

Satisfied customer and now part of the unofficial sales team

PSL- dont bother

New_scooby_04 19 April 2006 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by firecracker
Hi all

I'm going to be having my engine rebuilt in my 98 JDM Forester S/tb shortly. I've had a few quotes to do the job and I'm thinking of going with a company called API Impreza of Harbury, Warwickshire. They seemed very helpful on the phone and will also collect the car. Has anyone on here had an engine rebuild by these guys, if so I'd like to here your opinions, good or bad?

Cheers

Marcus

Good choice :thumb: I've not had engine work done myself, but ordered from David before; excellent customer service. You'll see enough threads on here to know that you'll get a quality rebuild from David and he'll only give you honest advice, not sales talk designed to make you spend over the odds.

Ns04

APIDavid 19 April 2006 10:27 AM

Thanks for the recommendations guys.

Points have been added to your unofficial salesman of the year total.:D

David Api

Damn typos

Tidgy 19 April 2006 10:34 AM

not had any work done there myself but a mate had an engine built there and they did a top job.

few other places to try

scoobyclinic (who does my work)
TSL
Roger clarke
scoobytecnix (new outfit)

firecracker 19 April 2006 11:09 AM

Thanks guys for your replies, I just wanted to hear a few comments before I go head with it as I'm new to Subaru ownership. You have all reassured me in what I was thinking. Out of all the companies I phoned, David seemed to be the most honest, helpful and informative person and didn't pressure me into a sale and was also good enough to send me a written quote, API it shall be then.

Cheers

Marcus.

APIDavid 19 April 2006 11:48 AM

Thanks guys for your replies, I just wanted to hear a few comments before I go head with it as I'm new to Subaru ownership. You have all reassured me in what I was thinking. Out of all the companies I phoned, David seemed to be the most honest, helpful and informative person and didn't pressure me into a sale and was also good enough to send me a written quote, API it shall be then.

Cheers

Marcus.

I knew that !!:thumb:

David APi

[ bonus points to the unofficials ]

andy97 19 April 2006 12:11 PM

Do the points go towards the bacon butty fund or a discount off my forester donor gearbox :norty:

Andy

APIDavid 19 April 2006 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by andy97
Do the points go towards the bacon butty fund or a discount off my forester donor gearbox :norty:

Andy

Keep eating the butties mate, then you'll need a power upgrade [ for which we'll offer a generous discount ] to pull the extra weight along.:lol:

David APi

big daz2 19 April 2006 01:02 PM

stick with api i cant rate them enough,my mate had his 2.5 done there and i bought my type r from there the mechanics are sh*t hot and you always get quility service not to mention the butties but i havent had one from this new buttie shop yet.

pslewis 19 April 2006 01:21 PM

Arselicking thread time again!! :rolleyes:

I would like to say my Postman did a FANTASTIC job delivery my mail this morning - yes, someone paid to send the letters to me and therefore his wages - but, I must say, he slipped the letters very expertly through the letterbox :D :D

Never ceases to amaze me how many NEWBIES come on an ask where the best engine rebuilders are .............. it makes you wonder sometimes, doesn't it!??? ;) :rolleyes:

Pete

New_scooby_04 19 April 2006 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis
Arselicking thread time again!! :rolleyes:

I would like to say my Postman did a FANTASTIC job delivery my mail this morning -

Pete

No he didn't, Pete!

The package I sent you yesterday has been returned to sender............................and it's still ticking!!!! :eek: :eek:

I thought I set the timer at 24 hou............................................... ......... ;) :D :D

BedHog 19 April 2006 01:29 PM

You're very cynical Pete....

pslewis 19 April 2006 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by BedHog
You're very cynical Pete....

I'm very old, and VERY wise!! ;)

It sticks out like a sore thumb :thumb: :D

Pete

pslewis 19 April 2006 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04
No he didn't, Pete!

The package I sent you yesterday has been returned to sender............................and it's still ticking!!!! :eek: :eek:

I thought I set the timer at 24 hou............................................... ......... ;) :D :D

You didn't put the right postage on it - you numptie!! :rolleyes:

Pete

BedHog 19 April 2006 01:36 PM

Maybe you have something though. Another just appeared here:

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=497993

1st post saying how good a company is that everyone else has slagged off. Will be interesting to see if he stays around :)

pslewis 19 April 2006 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by BedHog
Maybe you have something though.

I KNOW I have something!!

Not many Newbies come onto a BBS firing from the hip - straight into what may be a lions den - only people like me are as cavalier with opinions (and there is only one of me!) ;)

Pete

scoobfan 19 April 2006 01:56 PM

I had my engine fully rebuilt by API and can certainly recommend them!:thumb:

You will find their prices and service very hard to beat.

Rob

New_scooby_04 19 April 2006 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis
You didn't put the right postage on it - you numptie!! :rolleyes:

Pete

Bugger! I forgot the stamp next to the Acme bomb co. Logo!! :cry: ;)

My bad!!! ;) :D :D

Ns04

*AL* 19 April 2006 04:24 PM

My car is there for a full rebuild right now and i'm due to get it back at the end of the month.I choose APi due to very good feedback on this forum so i'm confident all will be well.David is always very informative and always willing to answer questions, even when busy!:thumb:

firecracker 20 April 2006 11:10 AM

Thanks to all those who gave sound advise. My car is now booked it in with API, I can now relax knowing it's in safe hands.

Thanks once again.

Marcus.

robsw 20 April 2006 11:45 AM

Thanks to all those how gave sound advise. My car is now booked it with API, I can now relax knowing it's in safe hands.

Thanks once again.

Marcus.

That actually does sound a bit dodgy by what pslewis is saying.

In my experience API are very good anyway, and not just for subarus, but japs in general. I've not had to order any subaru parts yet, but brought a cylinder head on mail order from API for a Shogun once upon a time, at a very good price.

pslewis 20 April 2006 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by robsw
That actually does sound a bit dodgy by what pslewis is saying.

In my experience API are very good anyway, and not just for subarus, but japs in general. I've not had to order any subaru parts yet, but brought a cylinder head on mail order from API for a Shogun once upon a time, at a very good price.

Smells more than a smelly thing in a very smelly place ;) :D

Plenty of mugs just don't see it :D

Pete

SwissTony 20 April 2006 01:48 PM

had my short block rebuilt by API this year,great service and very knowledgeable :D

turned up too late for the butties though :mad:

pslewis 20 April 2006 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by SwissTony
had my short block rebuilt by API this year,great service and very knowledgeable - they did exactly what I paid them for :D

There, thats more accurate :D

Pete

Eckmcmann 20 April 2006 01:52 PM

At the end of the day the lad was just asking for opinions on a certain company but along comes pete with his "wise" opinions :D

SwissTony 20 April 2006 01:53 PM

yeah especially as he thinks he needs to edit or add to my post...

it wasnt asked for pete so dont bother next time

APIDavid 20 April 2006 01:57 PM

Swiss and others, I think you'll find that pslewis imagines you're all my relatives or members of staff.

:D

SwissTony 20 April 2006 02:01 PM

Hi Dad :luxhello: