ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Peter Kay Tonight CH4 (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/508608-peter-kay-tonight-ch4.html)

speye91 17 April 2006 10:54 PM

Peter Kay Tonight CH4

Peter Kay night on Channel 4 worth the licence itself

STILL FPML Seen all his material before but still funny as fook the 45th time around:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

this man is a genius:notworthy :luxhello: :luxhello: :luxhello:

mick

fatherpierre 17 April 2006 10:56 PM

Good, but kicked the arse out of the out-takes.

ScoobyDoo555 17 April 2006 11:12 PM

Shame it's been censored :rolleyes:

Dan

PG 17 April 2006 11:20 PM

same old, same old, same old.

CooperS 18 April 2006 10:35 AM

I loved the outtakes best

Abdabz 18 April 2006 10:44 AM

Ah the way he says "Garlic Bread" comedy genius... And the knock knock joke to warm up the crowd...Excellent...
in 2001, when I watched the Blackpool Tower video I thought it was a refreshing comedy angle but 5 years later, his standup has developed less than Chubby Browns act :(
He's a lovely chap, full of enthusiasm and exactly what the northern sub 100IQ brigade have been missing since Bradley Walsh signed up for Corrie...:(
Mind you Phoenix Nights was funny and "That Peter Kay Thing" when he was the ice crean man was good too - so he's a mixed bag IMO...

ScoobyDoo555 18 April 2006 11:06 AM

Whilst his stand up hasn't really developed (the very reason why I like Lee Evans so much - he tries new material each night. By his own admission some of it works, some dies a death, but fair play for trying it), the whole reason for touring a show, is to either raise profile and/or make alot of money.
Kay doesn't really need the money side now - he's got income from Pheonix Nights, and the Max & Paddy franchise. These are alot more lucrative than the stand up. Hence his developing this instead - much easier to do, less stressful (performance, family and travelling-wise) and more money.

And yes, I thought the outtakes were hliarious!! :D It's a wonder the ever get any episodes completed :D

Dan :)

GaryK 18 April 2006 12:12 PM

I think he's great, the out-takes were ok, bit boring after a while, Im a big max and paddy fan that was pure class and Ive seen the out-takes for that, which are also on the DVD. Good entertainment, the live from the tower show always seems to be the one shown on TV (apart from last night!)

How dare you, how dare you! :)

Gary

miss*scoobygav555* 18 April 2006 12:42 PM

I watched it last night, seen it before but it still cracks me up!!

Carla..:)

powerwrx 18 April 2006 09:44 PM

CRACKS ME UP THAT BARRYMORE

little-ginge 18 April 2006 09:48 PM

I had to record it, but love Peter Kay... his laugh cracks me up...it's so girlie:lol1:

nufc1892 18 April 2006 09:53 PM

The wedding routine has me spliiting me sides all the time......pound coins,granny dance, Uncle Knoobhead
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
cannot get bored of this guy:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

little-ginge 18 April 2006 09:58 PM

and kids sliding across the floor on their knees:thumb:

He is an exceptionally amusing guy, and teamed up with Paddy McGuinnes as Max & Paddy, they are a bladdy hoot:lol1:

powerwrx 18 April 2006 10:18 PM

wot about tommy d**k fingers

speedking 18 April 2006 11:54 PM

Remind me about the knock, knock joke.

Gutmann pug 19 April 2006 07:44 AM

I think he needs more material. I found Pheonix Nights very funny as I did his stand up show, BUT, if and when he does another stand up I think he needs more and different material. There is only so many time you can say Garlic bread ....... not playing games etc ......