ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Sport (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/)
-   -   Golf.... (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/508492-golf.html)

lil_kimmy 17 April 2006 05:42 PM

Golf....

Just wondered how many of you play golf? How often and what is you're handicap?

Due to it being the bank holiday I have played 18 holes Saturday, Sunday and today and I am sooo tired!

I have managed to put my 3 cards in to get my handicap today :luxhello:

Kim

CooperS 17 April 2006 05:58 PM

I play pitch and putt, my handicap is my arms

lil_kimmy 17 April 2006 06:03 PM

Good answer!

pauly 17 April 2006 06:50 PM

play about 4 times a year
handicap is 13 at the moment, it will probably be going up to about 16 soon due to me getting rusty.
if i played once a week i reckon i'd be single figures inside 6 months

22BUK 17 April 2006 07:17 PM

Handicap 2 & don't play often enough...

hoskib 17 April 2006 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by lil_kimmy
Just wondered how many of you play golf? How often and what is you're handicap?

Due to it being the bank holiday I have played 18 holes Saturday, Sunday and today and I am sooo tired!

I have managed to put my 3 cards in to get my handicap today :luxhello:

Kim

what do you reckon your handicap will be mate? whereabouts did you play?

i play off 10 at my club but it's easy so would be 12-15 round other local courses.

like most, if i played more it would be a bit easier to hit:D

messiah 18 April 2006 11:42 AM

I play off 2...

per hole ;)

Gav 18 April 2006 11:49 AM

I'm a pro, play every day and feel trully blessed that i can do something i love every day of my life:D:D

We should arrange a Scoobynet tournament?????

pauld37 18 April 2006 04:36 PM

Handicap of 5, played about 4 times this year :(

Gav 18 April 2006 05:01 PM

Me giving it a tickle on the range:D:D

CLICKY

pauld37 18 April 2006 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by scoobygav555

CLICKY

Hold that finish :D

hoskib 18 April 2006 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by scoobygav555

CLICKY

nice slice;)

only joking, crappy computer didn't let me follow the ball for more than an inch after you hit it:rolleyes:

do like the 'waiting for the camera click' pose though;):D

lil_kimmy 18 April 2006 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by hoskib
what do you reckon your handicap will be mate? whereabouts did you play?

i play off 10 at my club but it's easy so would be 12-15 round other local courses.

like most, if i played more it would be a bit easier to hit:D

My handicap will be in the 30's :lol1: I don't mind though as I know I have potential to bring it down if I play more often. Been playing for 3 months roughly altogether.

I play at a little club in Worcester. It's more of a "beginners" course there and once I have played a bit more I will probably join somewhere more "professional"

As for the rest of you in single figures and you only play a few times a year......... It's just not fair! :cry:

SN Golf Tournament sounds good to me! Any other girls to join in?

hoskib 18 April 2006 08:16 PM

think you might get a bit more interest now you've posted that you're female;)

good luck with the handicap, think the best advice i can give is practice and get a pro to sort out your bad habits before they feel natural (if that makes sense!!)
i've got some bloody awfull habits but i've been playing like it for about 15 years now and have never had a lesson in my life. keep meaning to get my crap swing sorted;)

and main thing enjoy it:thumb:

Gav 18 April 2006 10:48 PM

SLICE:eek::eek::eek: Whats one of them;)

The best advice i can give anyone is to practice your short game. Rolling 3 shots into 2 around the greens is the key to reducing your handicap! get yourselves a machine that you putt into and it pops your ball back to you, that way you can practice at home on the carpet without loosing your touch:)

i'll happily organise something if we can get a few SNetters interested, maybe make a day of it with some kind of scoobynet function afterwards?

Gav..:)

miss*scoobygav555* 19 April 2006 10:06 AM

Think I would need a few more lessons of Gav before I'm let loose!?:lol1:

Carla..:)

Little Miss WRX 25 April 2006 07:06 AM

I've recently taken up golf again (use dto play about 10 odd years ago and am very rusty!)

However, on a 9 holer I scored 57 first try back and on the next go I scored 114 on an 18 holer.
I definitely need to get a couple of lessons though as I am dropping my shoulders slightly on the swing through and I don't want to develop any bad habits. My boss has also promised me that I can organise a golf tournament for my clients at work so I need to make sure I beat him. ;)
I am in a minority apparently being female and left handed. :D

Certainly enjoying it again and looking at getting membership at the golf course near to where I work. :) I know what to do with my spare time when the football season is off peak!

Gav 25 April 2006 11:07 AM

Lefties rule, were taking over the world:D:D:D:D

Tis true, you dont see many left handed female players! 114's good on your first time back after 10 years, i know women that play everyday and cant get near thet:eek::eek:

Do you hit a lot of shots to the left (a slice)??? Thats usually caused by the sholders dropping. Try and maintain your spine angle all the way through your swing, will give you more consistencey.

TimWRX01 25 April 2006 11:21 AM

I only play once or twice a year so I've never bothered to even get a handicap. Come to think of it though my brother and one of my mates play all the time and they haven't either.

there are probably a lot of 'social' golfers around now that never bother to get a handicap.

Little Miss WRX 25 April 2006 11:28 AM

Gav, funnily enough when I have a good hold on it the direction of the slice tends to swing to the right, although I have managed to sprain my wrist from driving the driver straight into the ground on full swing after dropping my shoulders too much! That hurt! I am hitting most straight though which is good and maintaining fairway hits or just off.

My scoring was all over the shop, some holes 10, some 3! I can hit pretty well with my 3 iron which surprised a few people and also chipped in with my 7 some 5 metres off the green. :D Went shy of a hole in one as well. :)

I'll have to get myself graded, but I am sure many people would agree that the only handicap I have is myself. ;) :D

I used to play all the time at Parkhall Golf Course with my friends back in college. :D

davegtt 25 April 2006 12:45 PM

Im probably about 30 to be fair but not played in about a year. going out this week if the weather holds out and do 9 holes after work. Think im really going to work hard at getting into the mid 20's this year :)

trevsubwrx1 25 April 2006 12:49 PM

I could be considered a happy hacker, was at a 28 end of last year getting around in 98-100. Havent been out this year yet, but enjoy the game, even if im useless.

Gav 25 April 2006 03:00 PM

So you hit a hook Little Miss WRX??

If your hitting the ground with your driver then you must be getting steep on the shot. Tee it up higher and try to get the feeling your hitting the ball on the up and clipping it off the top of the tee peg. It's hard to explain without showing you or seeing your swing!!!

Little Miss WRX 26 April 2006 03:59 AM

One of my friends noted that on practice swings I was doing great - just clipping the grass with that satisfying swoosh that should in turn give a nice tink as you urge the little white joyous item down the fairway towards the green.
However, I seem to focus too much on hitting the ball when it comes to the actual shot and am much more tense.
My friend also suggested not coming up so high and concentrating on the swing rather than trying to hit it as hard as possible Happy Gilmore style. :D
I don't hit the ground every time, just every now and then. I am pretty good with my 3 wood on the fairway - it's on a par (pardon the pun ;)) with my 3 iron. :D

I'll get someone to video camera my swing and send it to you to see. :)