ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   A puzzle for you (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/508439-a-puzzle-for-you.html)

Markus 17 April 2006 02:29 PM

A puzzle for you

Am curious to see what you get (draw the 'houses' and trace the route)

She contemplated the five houses set out in row, knowing each was divided equally into nine rooms, but that only one room was destined to end her search for enlightenment.

The first house had a door on the north-eastern and south-eastern corners. Entering the first house through its north-eastern door, she passed into the next room on the north side, then into the north-western room. Having traversed each of the three northern-most rooms, she ventured southward through the west room and south-west room, then through the remaining rooms on her way to the south-eastern exit.

The second house had a door on the north-western corner, and a door on the south-eastern corner. She entered this house through the former, passing through all the western-most rooms before turning the corner and passing through all remaining southern rooms to the south-eastern exit.

The third house had but one door, on the north-western corner. She entered here, passing through all outermost rooms, and exiting.

The fourth house had a door on the north-western corner, and a door on the north-eastern corner. She entered through the north-west door, passing through all the western-most, southern-most, and eastern-most rooms, exiting through the north-eastern door.

The fifth and final house had but one door on the north-eastern corner. She entered here, traversing all the eastern-most rooms, turning the corner to continue through the southern-most rooms, turning again to continue to the west room, and finally entering the center room. It was here that she gazed upon the heavenly ladder and found enlightenment.

sarasquares 17 April 2006 02:32 PM

do you know the answer:D

Markus 17 April 2006 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by sarasquares
do you know the answer:D

I am fairly sure that I do. I just want to see what others get.

The solution to this riddle is the clue to a bigger puzzle, and I'm checking to see if the solution I've got is correct, if not, then it might help in solving the larger puzzle.

lpski1 17 April 2006 02:48 PM

it spells a word that doesnt make sense :confused:

Markus 17 April 2006 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by lpski1
it spells a word that doesnt make sense :confused:

What word do you get? That is what I'm after.

lpski1 17 April 2006 02:54 PM

GLOUJ ?? :)

although im not sure i would class it as a J, or could it be CLOUD ??

markr1963 17 April 2006 02:55 PM

I reckon it spells cloud

ewanrw 17 April 2006 03:00 PM

cloud ??

Markus 17 April 2006 03:01 PM

that's three for cloud, which is what I got, though the last "letter" did appear to be more of a J than a D.

lpski1 17 April 2006 03:03 PM

'The first house had a door on the north-eastern and south-eastern corners. Entering the first house through its north-eastern door, she passed into the next room on the north side, then into the north-western room. Having traversed each of the three northern-most rooms, she ventured southward through the west room and south-west room, then through the remaining rooms on her way to the south-eastern exit.'

as highlighted, this part would suggest a G more than a C

(if you write a G how i do :lol1: )

CrisPDuk 17 April 2006 03:05 PM

I too reckon it could spell either Gloud or Cloud.

lpski1 17 April 2006 03:08 PM

it could be GLOUD
http://www.callisto.si.usherb.ca:808...s/redgloud.jpg :thumb:

ewanrw 17 April 2006 03:12 PM

That says red CLOUD.

lpski1 17 April 2006 03:15 PM

not if you write your G's like i do :D

google says its GLOUD ;) lol (check the properties of the pic)

ewanrw 17 April 2006 03:19 PM

If thats a G, whats that curly thing on the end of PLU meant to be ?

RED CLOUD - SLICED PLUG or RED GOULD - SLIGED PLU?

G-STAR 17 April 2006 03:19 PM

'The first house had a door on the north-eastern and south-eastern corners. Entering the first house through its north-eastern door, she passed into the next room on the north side, then into the north-western room. Having traversed each of the three northern-most rooms, she ventured southward through the west room and south-west room, then through the remaining rooms on her way to the south-eastern exit.'

as highlighted, this part would suggest a G more than a C

(if you write a G how i do :lol1: )

It's cloud.

The exit is on the south-eastern room, i.e. the bottom right corner. She has to pass through the three southern rooms to use that exit.

lpski1 17 April 2006 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by ewanrw
If thats a G, whats that curly thing on the end of PLU meant to be ?

RED CLOUD - SLICED PLUG or RED GOULD - SLIGED PLU?

:lol1: G , SLIGED PLUG.

Markus 17 April 2006 03:35 PM

Anyone know if this is a well known puzzle, if so, can they point me to other examples of it.

ewanrw 17 April 2006 03:36 PM

:lol1: G , SLIGED PLUG.

:lol1: :lol1: