ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   MOT Failure (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/507684-mot-failure.html)

pslewis 14 April 2006 12:33 PM

MOT Failure

BooooHoooooo ...

Not the Scooby (thats next week!) or the MX5 (that passed this morning) - but the wifes Micra! :(

Low or no effort on the O/S Rear Brake ... and uneven brake force (probably related?) and, get this, one of the numberplate bulbs blown!

Leaky Brake Cylinder?

Post your guesses here :D

Pete

cookstar 14 April 2006 01:01 PM

Have the brakes been changed in the last ten years :)

Leslie 14 April 2006 02:36 PM

Lack of decent servicing perhap's! Will you have to pay the full price for another test now?

Les

mart360 14 April 2006 05:37 PM

stop bleating pete! :D

call yourself an engineer, ??? (wtf)

what happened to preventitive maintenance??? shows how good, sorry bad your regime is. :D:D hardly befitting of your 'ha' best of the best 'ha' moniker..

joe average i,d say.

and as your always bragging about how much money youve got got , just pay it you whingeing old git :D:D:D

mart

pslewis 14 April 2006 07:42 PM

Well, took it all apart and yes, brake cylinder leakking all over the shoes!

I don't drive the car - just service it - and the shoes are only 3 years old, so didn't pay them no mind! And Ting Tong wouldn't know if the gearbox was on the road, just as long as it got her where she wanted to go!! :rolleyes:

Anyway, it's all fixed - new cylinder - new shoes - bled all through - numberplate bulb replaced :D

MOT again tomorrow at 1pm - should sail it this time :D

No, I don't pay for any MOT that any of my cars fail .... then when they pass, I get 33% off the full fee - so, it's a great deal all round :D

Pete

mart360 14 April 2006 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis
Well, took it all apart and yes, brake cylinder leakking all over the shoes!

I don't drive the car - just service it - and the shoes are only 3 years old, so didn't pay them no mind! And Ting Tong wouldn't know if the gearbox was on the road, just as long as it got her where she wanted to go!! :rolleyes:

Anyway, it's all fixed - new cylinder - new shoes - bled all through - numberplate bulb replaced :D

MOT again tomorrow at 1pm - should sail it this time :D

No, I don't pay for any MOT that any of my cars fail .... then when they pass, I get 33% off the full fee - so, it's a great deal all round :D

Pete

lets hope its computerised shall we, :)

then your previous !!!!!!!!!!!!failure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! will have been recorded

mine went through with EASE!!!!!!!

bit blinkered to think that things will last for three years and not pay them any attention.

then again what do you expect...

mot tester 1 lewis 0

mart

Vegescoob 15 April 2006 01:53 AM

You really should be checking rear slave cylinders once a year.
A weak point on both the previous Micras we've had, they often start weeping at 2 years old.
It remains to be seen if the current one will follow tradition.