ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   Ekutek mappers? (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/507406-ekutek-mappers.html)

Jamesemt 13 April 2006 09:57 AM

Ekutek mappers?

Does anyone have a list of all the Ekutek mappers in England?

R19KET 13 April 2006 10:06 AM

Have you tried checking the Ecutek website ? I suspect they will have a whole list.

Mark.

Jamesemt 13 April 2006 10:16 AM

Cheers - didn't realise there was a website!!

subarustel 13 April 2006 11:53 AM

andy f
pat

r the only mappers u need 2 worry about. lol

TonyFlow 13 April 2006 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by subarustel
andy f
pat

r the only mappers u need 2 worry about. lol

Not quite,

I can heartedly recommend Bob Rawle (as can many on here).

Richard Bulmer, Pavlo

Jamesemt 13 April 2006 12:40 PM

Any chance someone can list the mapper to the garage they work from?

Just trying to work out if there are any other options for me in Yorkshire apart from Scoobyclinic...

subarustel 13 April 2006 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by TonyFlow
Not quite,

I can heartedly recommend Bob Rawle (as can many on here).

Richard Bulmer, Pavlo

bob is tops, jus 4got 2 add him with pat and andy f

dont know pavlo, but richard did a shi t map on my car, and didnt want 2 no after they at tsl got paid.

1st map by richard was fine, for 1 day until on the way to rollin road my cel came up. and drove 130 miles back to get it looked at, then he rushed the second map, and i aint been happy since.

as 4 pat, he has mapped 4 of my cars and all of my mates cars and did a good job every time 1st time.

paul at zen did a good map 4 a mate of mine as has andy f done a couple of good maps for me on the power fc and ecutek.

Neilo 13 April 2006 01:19 PM

paul at zen IS pavlo....

TonyFlow 13 April 2006 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by subarustel
bob is tops, jus 4got 2 add him with pat and andy f

dont know pavlo, but richard did a shi t map on my car, and didnt want 2 no after they at tsl got paid.

1st map by richard was fine, for 1 day until on the way to rollin road my cel came up. and drove 130 miles back to get it looked at, then he rushed the second map, and i aint been happy since.

as 4 pat, he has mapped 4 of my cars and all of my mates cars and did a good job every time 1st time.

paul at zen did a good map 4 a mate of mine as has andy f done a couple of good maps for me on the power fc and ecutek.

I can think of 1 mapper out of that list, that I wasnt happy with the map from, and had it changed by Bob, and the car is a totally didfferent beastie!

I have only dealt with 2 mappers, and of the 2 I would only recommend Bob!

Jamesemt 13 April 2006 02:18 PM

Where's Bob based?

Davey P 13 April 2006 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Jamesemt
Where's Bob based?

Swindon

Neilo 13 April 2006 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by TonyFlow
I can think of 1 mapper out of that list, that I wasnt happy with the map from, and had it changed by Bob, and the car is a totally didfferent beastie!

I have only dealt with 2 mappers, and of the 2 I would only recommend Bob!

I can also say that...

Adam M 13 April 2006 03:29 PM

I can say the opposite, though I don't know who the other mapper referred to is!

TonyFlow 13 April 2006 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Neilo
I can also say that...

Hmmm.... Wonder if they are the same mappers?

Jamesemt 13 April 2006 06:19 PM

Who maps for Scoobyclinic, is is Pat?

RoRu 13 April 2006 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Jamesemt
Who maps for Scoobyclinic, is is Pat?

Yes Pat maps for SC.

Ninnybobs 13 April 2006 08:11 PM

I have only ever used Bob, so can't compare with anyone else.......... but if aftersales service, knowledge and advice is anything to go by, Bob is your man.

I drive 250 miles (500 mile round trip) to visit Bob and have never regretted it.

Martin

davidwilson11 16 March 2007 02:40 PM

andy f

I am off to andy f next monday so will post to let you know my findings.

i own a sti type uk, with powertek air filter, full hayward and scott system, no cats.

andy said i should expect 330+ bhp.

once i have driven it back i will post a reply and let you know how his skills are.
from what i have heard tho he is the best in the business.

silent assasin 16 March 2007 08:36 PM

andy f

[QUOTE=davidwilson11;6753755]I am off to andy f next monday so will post to let you know my findings.

i own a sti type uk, with powertek air filter, full hayward and scott system, no cats.

andy said i should expect 330+ bhp.

once i have driven it back i will post a reply and let you know how his skills are.
from what i have heard tho he is the best in the business.[/QUOTE

hello Dave , how does the car drive without the catalysts on it . i take it you,ll be taking it easy or is it safe to open her up?

mgcvk 16 March 2007 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Jamesemt (Post 5687268)
Any chance someone can list the mapper to the garage they work from?

Just trying to work out if there are any other options for me in Yorkshire apart from Scoobyclinic...

Is this for the Ibiza????? :Suspiciou
Pat's just done a blinding job on my scoob!:thumb:

davidwilson11 27 March 2007 03:16 PM

silent assasin.

The car drove fine with out the cat's but i will say i was taking it easy, no high speed adventures but blatting it through the gears was fine. power increase was very noticable from the standard system, i would say at least 20-30 bhp was achieved.

must admit after the remap the car is going great, managed 343bhp with andy f, he is a true genious with the scoobies and a nice guy which makes things all the better.

he talked me through the whole process and some ideas for the future in creating some more reliable power.

the mapping went well and Andy setup the launch control and minimum boost facility aswell, the launch control is awsome to say the least, however dont think i will use it that much as i dont want to destroy the car.

all in all money well spent and if anyone is thinking of spending the money for the PPP kit dont, go for the exhaust, airfilter and the remap for less money and more power, if you have warranty issues Andy F will roll the ECU back to standard for nowt. cant argue at that.

New_scooby_04 27 March 2007 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Ninnybobs (Post 5688824)
I have only ever used Bob, so can't compare with anyone else.......... but if aftersales service, knowledge and advice is anything to go by, Bob is your man.

I drive 250 miles (500 mile round trip) to visit Bob and have never regretted it.

Martin

My round trip isn't quite as far as Martin's, but I endured a long journey to see Bob and he's most definately worth waiting and traveling for.

The man's a wizard! nice, genuine guy too!

I have NEVER heard of one dissatisfied customer with Bob.

Ns04

lunar tick 27 March 2007 05:30 PM

Another vote for Bob. Sorted out a previous remap (by someone else mentioned above) to produce a significantly quicker and hugely more driveable and entertaining car. I travelled from north Cumbria to see him and will be doing so again in May when my bigger turbo goes on :norty:

swisstonihasher 10 May 2007 01:55 PM

I've had loads of ecutek maps for my motor, starting from 2L to 2.5L upgrade. Maps by someone mentioned above were fine for 2L but 2.5L, wasn't happy! Bob then did his magic and sorted everything out including the CELs, the stink of the car running hot all the time, high EGT's etc :cry: - she's now sweet, sounds like she's running happy (you know when a car is running right from the exhaust note) and EGT's 860's and no higher with 1.65 bar of boost!:)

Bob bob bob all the way, he's very helpful and if he spots an issue, he'll advise/help you any way he can to resolve it. Best guy I've dealt with for scoobs.:luxhello:

peterpeter 12 May 2007 12:17 AM

so which company does andy f work for??

st3v3 12 May 2007 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by peterpeter (Post 6917329)
so which company does andy f work for??

Its his own company mate,

AndyForrestPerformance

rexthewrx 13 May 2007 12:36 PM

so who does bob work for in swindon then? how do i get intouch with him?

carl

Bob Rawle 13 May 2007 12:56 PM

carl, drop me an email on rbr@brdevelopments.com

cheers

bob