ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Sport (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/)
-   -   QUICK POLL Will Engalnd win the world cup (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/506953-quick-poll-will-engalnd-win-the-world-cup.html)

wannascoobydoo 11 April 2006 06:11 PM

QUICK POLL Will Engalnd win the world cup

I thought i would run a poll on Where you think Engalnd will come in the world cup.
Give me your honest opinion
We have some good players but when it comes the the big thing we are just no good

So I Personally think they will get nowhere

richiewong 11 April 2006 06:49 PM

I'd love to think they'd win it but head leading me to say no where:cry:

pauld37 11 April 2006 07:01 PM

I reckon 3rd, we'd do better if there was more than the usual 4 or 5 Chelsea players playing :D

LUCKO 11 April 2006 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by pauld37
we'd do better if there was more than the usual 4 or 5 Chelsea players playing :D

Terry, Lumplard & Cole...will they perform? i reckon we will end up nowhere as usual unless the whole team performs. we can't rely on Shrek's 'ability' :)

pauld37 11 April 2006 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by LUCKO
Terry, Lumplard & Cole...

... SWP, Bridge, the list is endless Rich :p whereas for Wolves its beginingless :D.

:Whatever_ I bet I know whats coming next :Whatever_

Peanuts 11 April 2006 07:17 PM

we can't rely on Shrek's 'ability' :)

bet you £700k you can! :)

btw, 3rd at best for me

LUCKO 11 April 2006 07:21 PM

... SWP, Bridge, the list is endless Rich :p whereas for Wolves its beginingless :D.

:Whatever_ I bet I know whats coming next :Whatever_

Chelsea are the greatest, all there fans are really cool and i lose sleep at night wishing i was cool aswell :cry:

pauld37 11 April 2006 07:26 PM

Chelsea are the greatest, all there fans are really cool and i lose sleep at night wishing i was cool aswell :cry:

Correct, correct, good and no chance :D

Yep I was right :p

LUCKO 11 April 2006 07:32 PM

Correct, correct, good and no chance :D

Yep I was right :p

owned by a Chelsea supporter :cry: (leaves pc looking for a bridge to jump off)

pauld37 11 April 2006 07:33 PM

(leaves pc looking for a bridge to jump off)

Post a piccy :D

LUCKO 11 April 2006 07:39 PM

Post a piccy :D

http://www.sydneyparagliding.com/club/Jump.gif

:hjtwofing

STi wanna Subaru 11 April 2006 07:46 PM

QF and we'll go out as usual

pslewis 11 April 2006 09:32 PM

Rooney will win it for us ..... if he stays fit and stays on the pitch!

No doubt

Pete

kingofturds 11 April 2006 09:49 PM

Make the group stages and then crash out in the quarter finals

Funkii Munkii 11 April 2006 09:55 PM

Impressive response time, 6 minutes, with a quality retort :thumb:

I thought Cole was our best player in the last match, the timing of his runs and distribution have improved greatly this season, but as for Bridge he was woeful for Fulham last week and thats a worry with Ashley Coles chaces looking rather dodgy, whens he due back? he's going to need a lot of match practice and the games are running out, definitely a weak spot at the moment, other than that we have a very capable squad and if SGE was to pick his W Cup starting 11 for all the warm up games they'd be gelling nicely come the start of the finals, but no England manager has ever done that.

STi wanna Subaru 11 April 2006 11:12 PM

Fact is we have some very good players and one great one. The problem is we're not a team. We don't ever play like one.

Nich B 12 April 2006 09:37 AM

OK

We will win our group, but only draw our opening match

We will play the best football the world has ever seen in our next match

We will scrape through QF

and then have two players sent off, penalty shoot out with one of our defenders ballonning it over the bar, or tripping up as he is about to take it, losing 12 - 13 on penalties to Argentina or Germany in the semis, The whole of England goes on a drunken rampage

Third place play off is a none event after martial law is brought in with the Army on the streets and TV coverage banned, with an easy win, after Erickson decides to play some of the players who havnt had amatch, and they suddenly play well

Keegan / Hoddle gets the England job

Can any one come up with a better guess?

Jay m A 12 April 2006 11:31 AM

Win our Group
Beat Poland in the next round
Lose to Holland in the QF, or Brazil in the SF

O'Neil next manager

TimWRX01 12 April 2006 11:43 AM

We will win it and Rooney will be acclaimed as the best player in the world after scoring a hat-trick in the final.

pete higham 12 April 2006 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by TimWRX01
We will win it and Rooney will be acclaimed as the best player in the world after scoring a hat-trick in the final.

TIM.....TIM........wake up its time to go to work :lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

TimWRX01 12 April 2006 04:22 PM

Ah thanks for that, thought i was going to be late. Seriously though we have a decent chance, we always raise our game on the big stage.

Alas 12 April 2006 06:27 PM

Don't know why you are all wondering what will happen. Just ask Motson who 5 mins into the first game will have mentioned 66 at least 5 times, will be so embarrassing going on about how wonderful Rooney is and will have given his engaging:razz: chuckle about 47 times.
Oh and if they do go a goal behind will blame, the ref, the pitch, the weather and Sven in that order:norty:

Other than that I think they might make the semi final:lol1:

pauld37 12 April 2006 07:10 PM

:mad: Didn't say anything about having a parachute :mad: