ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Scoob sti price...new! (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/506582-scoob-sti-price-new.html)

murfs 10 April 2006 09:19 AM

Scoob sti price...new!

Now is it me or is this a crazy price for a new sti impreza, considering what else is on the market?

62,000.00 euro or that's about 43,000.00 pounds?

Is it worth it, I think not. With that kind of money you could get a car with true comfort, factory amazing sound system, great preformance and Q-appeal.

Like a second hand M5 with very little mileage and also with cult appeal.

urban 10 April 2006 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by murfs
Now is it me or is this a crazy price for a new sti impreza, considering what else is on the market?

62,000.00 euro or that's about 43,000.00 pounds?

Is it worth it, I think not. With that kind of money you could get a car with true comfort, factory amazing sound system, great preformance and Q-appeal.

Like a second hand M5 with very little mileage and also with cult appeal.

Unfortunately thats because you have that ridiculous VRT in the South.

Shaun

briforbes 10 April 2006 09:30 AM

What on earth are you talking about?

rossi_classicwrx 10 April 2006 10:02 AM

where do you get your prices from? you can get a brand new sti import from the "car supermarkets" for 28k and about 6 months ago they were doing them in slough for 21k

murfs 10 April 2006 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by rossi_classicwrx
where do you get your prices from? you can get a barnd new sti import from the "car supermarkets" for 28k and about 6 months ago they were doing them in slough for 21k

IRELAND SPANNER!!!!!!!!!!

murfs 10 April 2006 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by urban
Unfortunately thats because you have that ridiculous VRT in the South.

Shaun

Your dead right, it a crazy, revenue making rip off pain in the pocket.

briforbes 10 April 2006 10:59 AM

IRELAND SPANNER!!!!!!!!!!
That's a great attitude to take towards someone who's taken the time to reply to your post, isn't it? :cuckoo:

rossi_classicwrx 10 April 2006 12:15 PM

lol. Guess i should have spotted that. Well at least everyone now knows not to buy one from Ireland then!! If anyone wants good money for a scoob you know where to sell it!! You'd think that people wouldn't make an assumption on a car being overpriced on the findings from a rip off dealership! Sorry if supplying some more realistic figures caused offence!!:D

murfs 10 April 2006 12:28 PM

And hence the popularity of the classic here.

We're crippled with the extra vechicle registration tax (VRT) here. I have even seen one dealer in Dublin advertise a price of 62,555 euro for one. I thought what a cheek to put that in. 555 is synonymonus with Subaru but to add it to the price to make you feel even more privileged was a bit much I think.

murfs 10 April 2006 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by briforbes
That's a great attitude to take towards someone who's taken the time to reply to your post, isn't it? :cuckoo:

:Suspiciou