ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Holiday in states and wireless connections (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/506194-holiday-in-states-and-wireless-connections.html)

Dave1980 08 April 2006 06:21 PM

Holiday in states and wireless connections

Going off to the west coast of the states on friday. Thinking of taking my laptop.
Anyone know if i am going to get net access for emails etc?. If so i presume a lot of it will be wireless?.

Thanks
Dave

SlimJ_2005 08 April 2006 07:29 PM

Have a look on google and search for wireless hotspots in the USA, i'm sure theres plenty of websites listing hotspots.

If your lucky in built up areas you may find some unsecured networks! ;)

GU5 08 April 2006 09:03 PM

I travelled across the US last summer and had no probs picking up networks. Mainly at shopping centres, starbucks, hotels (well car parks in most travel inn type places ;) )

badboy-scoob 08 April 2006 09:06 PM

bruv i see u is from bristol - is u going to the cruise on bank holiday weekend?

there gonna be a lot of scoobys there bruv - gimma a pm if u's goin

badboy

Dave1980 09 April 2006 07:00 PM

so looks promising then, i know where we are in vegas had it but wasnt sure about anywhere else. fingers crossed.

badboy scoob - yes i am from bristol but would not be seen dead at a cruise. I bought the car to actually drive it for how its sposed to be driven, not to spend all evening in a car park somewhere.

Moonloops 09 April 2006 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Dave1980
so looks promising then, i know where we are in vegas had it but wasnt sure about anywhere else. fingers crossed.

badboy scoob - yes i am from bristol but would not be seen dead at a cruise. I bought the car to actually drive it for how its sposed to be driven, not to spend all evening in a car park somewhere.

Well said that man :D

pauld37 09 April 2006 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by badboy-scoob
bruv i see u is from bristol - is u going to the cruise on bank holiday weekend?

badboy

:confused: I must be getting old :( :D

sti-04!! 09 April 2006 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by badboy-scoob

badboy

:cuckoo:

Kiwi 09 April 2006 07:28 PM

Most Hotels have wireless access however you quite often require a passcodes to access the service.

JamieMacdonald 09 April 2006 07:41 PM

I'm going on holiday to Scotland on Friday, and if anyone sees me anywhere near a computer, they have my permission to shoot me! :D

Can wait for a break from the things!

Albert47 09 April 2006 08:58 PM

Ive just returned from the states well about 3 months ago. I was in California.

The hotel i stayed at, had wireless network setup all the way through the hotel. As the above post, all you need was the passcode that the hotel reception gave you.

Your laptop needs to have centrino or be centrino enabled!

I think that was it. If that fails just connect it up to the phone line.

Hope that helps.

jasey 10 April 2006 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by JamieMacdonald
I'm going on holiday to Scotland on Friday, and if anyone sees me anywhere near a computer, they have my permission to shoot me! :D

Can wait for a break from the things!

Well said.

I don't really like taking my mobile on holiday - there's no fcuking chance I'd take a laptop :eek:.

Especially to Vegas :D