ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   £2 for Tom Tom speed camera software??? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/505664-2-for-tom-tom-speed-camera-software.html)

sarasquares 06 April 2006 05:08 PM

£2 for Tom Tom speed camera software???

http://www.handtec.co.uk/product.php?xProd=190&xSec=1

my sister has just got the tomtom one is is really impressed...so am i :thumb:

it is nearly exactly the same as my Road Angel sat nav and half the price. there is no subscription to pay but she had to pay a once yearly payment of £50 for the camera detecter.
i found the above link and it says to pay £2 for the camera software...can someone explain what this means please. does it mean that you only have to pay 2 quid for the speed camera stuff?:cuckoo:

ive found the unit for £239, can anyone find it cheeper and with a free case or anything?:thumb:

fast bloke 06 April 2006 05:10 PM

you get a Speedcamera database as a POI download. It used to be free - now you pay 2 quid each time you want an update

sarasquares 06 April 2006 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by fast bloke
you get a Speedcamera database as a POI download. It used to be free - now you pay 2 quid each time you want an update

oh, so you have to pay 2 quid everytime you update?, that would ideally be every week to update:wonder:

that would work out more expensive then:Suspiciou

OllyK 06 April 2006 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by sarasquares
oh, so you have to pay 2 quid everytime you update?, that would ideally be every week to update:wonder:

that would work out more expensive then:Suspiciou

Why would you want to update every week when there is a hold on the placement of any further speed cameras? The only exception is in roadworks on the motorway, but they are usually pretty easy to spot (the roadworks that is)

Gridlock Mikey 06 April 2006 05:20 PM

Is your mobile Tom Tom compatible?

Gridlock Mikey 06 April 2006 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by OllyK
Why would you want to update every week when there is a hold on the placement of any further speed cameras? The only exception is in roadworks on the motorway, but they are usually pretty easy to spot (the roadworks that is)

This is Sara "The Bat" we are talking about :lol1: She can't see a thing, much prefers being told what's going on :lol1:

sarasquares 06 April 2006 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Gridlock Mikey
Is your mobile Tom Tom compatible?

ive got a razor V3 and the Slimmer(is that whats its called?) i think at least one of those will work. i am trying to get a refund on my RA sat nav, but they are making things difficult:mad:

sarasquares 06 April 2006 05:23 PM

This is Sara "The Bat" we are talking about :lol1: She can't see a thing, much prefers being told what's going on :lol1:

mole is better:lol1:

i update mine weekly, i didnt know that they are not putting up new cameras, and not all of the camers are from the same thingy........you know, there are lots of different types of cameras:D

Gridlock Mikey 06 April 2006 05:27 PM

Have you thought about Seeing if Tom Tom 5 mobile would work. About £100 off of e-bay. You get all the gubbins to make the GPRS useful via bluetooth and you pick up upgrade downloads from the gazillion dedicated handheld GPS sites.

Just read that to myself and it eventually made sense :lol1:

Gridlock Mikey 06 April 2006 05:28 PM

you know, there are lots of different types of cameras:D

Big ones
grey ones
square ones
:sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

sarasquares 06 April 2006 05:30 PM

Have you thought about Seeing if Tom Tom 5 mobile would work. About £100 off of e-bay. You get all the gubbins to make the GPRS useful via bluetooth and you pick up upgrade downloads from the gazillion dedicated handheld GPS sites.

Just read that to myself and it eventually made sense :lol1:

i dont want something that small:wonder:
the TT one is about the same size as the one i have now, it hasnt got that fat lump on the back:D

Gridlock Mikey 06 April 2006 05:35 PM

i dont want something that small:wonder:
:D

No good us getting together then :lol1: No seriously, I forgot that you were mole like :lol1:

sarasquares 06 April 2006 05:50 PM

:lol1:

just been on the phone to Black Spot.they want to send me an antenna(sp) to put on my car. but i have already told the stupid prat on the phone that when i walked to the pub yesterday with the unit in my hand it took 20 minutes for the bladdy thing to work...do they expect me to wear the antenna on my head FFS?:mad:

i want a refund:cry:

PG 06 April 2006 07:28 PM

Are the camera database downloads from pocketgps.com any good ? Anyone on here use it ?

Mog 06 April 2006 08:40 PM

http://www.handtec.co.uk/product.php?xProd=190&xSec=1

my sister has just got the tomtom one is is really impressed...so am i :thumb:

it is nearly exactly the same as my Road Angel sat nav and half the price. there is no subscription to pay but she had to pay a once yearly payment of £50 for the camera detecter.
i found the above link and it says to pay £2 for the camera software...can someone explain what this means please. does it mean that you only have to pay 2 quid for the speed camera stuff?:cuckoo:

ive found the unit for £239, can anyone find it cheeper and with a free case or anything?:thumb:

I told you about the Tom Tom One weeks ago but you poo pooed it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sarasquares 07 April 2006 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Mog
I told you about the Tom Tom One weeks ago but you poo pooed it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i know :o

i like to do things the hard way :lol1:

DJ140 07 April 2006 03:48 PM

£224 at The Link

http://www.find-tomtom-deals.co.uk/

sarasquares 07 April 2006 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by DJ140

how comes i missed that one?:wonder:

Barry Scott 07 April 2006 06:30 PM

You can get a great speed camera database here. You can pay to download once or buy an annual subscription for £19 so you can update it whenever you want. You need to connect your TomTom by USB to the PC to transfer the files.

scoob_babe 07 April 2006 06:36 PM

Was hoping that this lot would get the updates up for the newer releases of the TT software :thumb: